Ferris State, Bob Daniels MUST GO!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State, Bob Daniels MUST GO!!

Ferris State will also need to find a way to pay their coach more. Daniels makes less than $140k/year.
    Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Why would a top USHL take a pay cut and a cut in resources to move from a top program in his league to Ferris?
      It is called investment. As was mentioned before. If they want to compete, they need to invest. Just like Tech, Mankato and Bowling Green figured out several years ago.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Yeah, does the thread starter have any other opinions other than "fire the coach, AD, anyone associated with the team?"

We had someone like this on the NMU threads for a bit. Had no idea on a replacement, or how to make the team better, but was adamant the AD should fire Walt Kyle. The poster left when Kyle's contract ran out.
        Thanks for your comment, I did mention when I started this thread that FSU need to get younger, hunger coach that want to prove himself and give it all in for FSU.... and is able to get players to buy in his system.... the reason I don't name few coaches is because I haven't heard any interests from young coaches, assistant coaches that would like to coach for FSU... I just need Bob Daniels to be gone and start fresh new with new ideas and new style of play.
        Born-raised Ferris State fan!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Maybe before you let him go you should fix your crappy rink. Just sayin...

Granted the rink is not the prettiest one in WCHA but they have one of the best ice sheet in WCHA...they need to knock down the roof and raise it up little bit so they can put scoreboard in the middle of the rink and add the seats behind the benches... they have room to do that... but the big question is, does we have money and will the administration will do something about the arena?

Comment

Originally posted by Deejpuck View Post
            Thanks for your comment, I did mention when I started this thread that FSU need to get younger, hunger coach that want to prove himself and give it all in for FSU.... and is able to get players to buy in his system.... the reason I don't name few coaches is because I haven't heard any interests from young coaches, assistant coaches that would like to coach for FSU... I just need Bob Daniels to be gone and start fresh new with new ideas and new style of play.

What kind of playing style would you recommend?

I would argue a lot of Bob Daniels style of play is dictated by your rink. Close to half of FSU games are played on that micro sheet of ice where there is little to no space. If you want wide open, fast paced, back and forth action, a bigger sheet of ice may be required.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
              What kind of playing style would you recommend?

I would argue a lot of Bob Daniels style of play is dictated by your rink. Close to half of FSU games are played on that micro sheet of ice where there is little to no space. If you want wide open, fast paced, back and forth action, a bigger sheet of ice may be required.

Similar how Minnesota State style, we do have room to wide the ice, I have no idea why they don't do that...

Comment

Similar how Minnesota State style, we do have room to wide the ice, I have no idea why they don't do that...
                The cost.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I don't think that 60's too old for a college coach. What's happened with AC's over the last bit? Where have the players come from compared to five years ago?

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

We went from olympic to NHL sized when hastings got hired. We shrunk. Definitely need to get the right players to run the system you want
                    All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                      We went from olympic to NHL sized when hastings got hired. We shrunk. Definitely need to get the right players to run the system you want
                      Verizon Center’s ice isn’t NHL sized. It’s 200x90 so it’s halfway between NHL and Olympic.
                      Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                        Verizon Center’s ice isn’t NHL sized. It’s 200x90 so it’s halfway between NHL and Olympic.
                        Sorry we are almost NHL sized.
                        All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          I don't think that 60's too old for a college coach. What's happened with AC's over the last bit? Where have the players come from compared to five years ago?

GFM
                          Miami just fired their coach. I think he is good, just got a little stale, not to mention a tough conference. As a Northern fan, I'd prefer you keep things the same, though.
                          “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                          – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                          when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                            Good to hear. I am still in the running for another year or two.
                            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Granted the rink is not the prettiest one in WCHA but they have one of the best ice sheet in WCHA...they need to knock down the roof and raise it up little bit so they can put scoreboard in the middle of the rink and add the seats behind the benches... they have room to do that... but the big question is, does we have money and will the administration will do something about the arena?
                              Why would Ferris actually add capacity? It's not like they have 2500 fans waiting to get into every game.
                              CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                                They play on 200x85, just like about 90% of college hockey.
                                CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Working...
                                X