Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in March..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

From ss.com

Our Associate Coach Dane Jackson could give the guys a reminder how things can change from night to night, as he played in the series in Grand Forks when they beat Minnesota 9-0 on Friday, then lost 9-3 the next night. Talk about a 180!
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

MN will win tonight. I don’t believe it will be 9-0, or even 9-3. Probably more like 3-2 or 4-2. They took a pretty good punch in the mouth and turtled up last night. I don’t expect the same tonight.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Its too bad Gopher fans dont live in the Twin Cities. Then maybe they would have some fans at their games.

Also, the fact that all those UND fans manage to travel all the way back to Grand Forks and still pack the Ralph every game for decades...well, that is perhaps ironclad proof that we are the best traveling fanbase in all of college hockey. Thanks The Rube for helping further show that for UND, it's always a home game.
        The Gopher fan base has turned into apathy. It's come to this and I don't know if things will ever change to what it once used to be.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          The Gopher fan base has turned into apathy. It's come to this and I don't know if things will ever change to what it once used to be.
          Winning cures a lot of ills. And when you're a top-end program, it's not simply winning conference titles. It has to be backed up with postseason success. IINM, Minnesota has made just two Frozen Fours in the last fourteen seasons, and has not won a national championship in sixteen seasons. Heck, the Gophers have only been in the NCAA Tournament five times in the last eleven seasons. Your program hasn't had that type of futility since the Mariucci/Sonmor/Yackel years. If/When Minnesota gets back to being in the hunt nationally on a yearly basis, I anticipate the crowds will return.

Until then, 3M Arena will be a shell of its former self.

And it doesn't help things when you play the school with the best traveling fanbase in the country where every game is a home game.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

A little less scoring tonight.

Comment

Nice sweep of the rodents at Engelstad East.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                Nice sweep of the rodents at Engelstad East.
                Not as complete of an effort as last night, but I will gladly take the sweep. 5x5 it wasn't even close. North Dakota outscored the Gophers 11-2 over the weekend when 5x5.

A split next weekend, and North Dakota finishes the first half 13-2-2. Keep it going boys!
                North Dakota

Comment

Congrats, guys. MN played much better tonight, and I think experience won out tonight, not necessarily skill. We'll get ya next time.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Winning cures a lot of ills. And when you're a top-end program, it's not simply winning conference titles. It has to be backed up with postseason success. IINM, Minnesota has made just two Frozen Fours in the last fourteen seasons, and has not won a national championship in sixteen seasons. Heck, the Gophers have only been in the NCAA Tournament five times in the last eleven seasons. Your program hasn't had that type of futility since the Mariucci/Sonmor/Yackel years. If/When Minnesota gets back to being in the hunt nationally on a yearly basis, I anticipate the crowds will return.

Until then, 3M Arena will be a shell of its former self.

And it doesn't help things when you play the school with the best traveling fanbase in the country where every game is a home game.
                    Isn't that the case. This fall everybody is talking about Gopher football like nothing I have seen in years. If they are fortunate enough to beat the BADgers this area will explode! We will continue to read talk radio and broadcast ratings way up to historic levels. Local media have said, it's been spellbinding. I get what you are saying.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Congrats, guys. MN played much better tonight, and I think experience won out tonight, not necessarily skill. We'll get ya next time.
                      Good hard hitting game. Minny overall owned the night not the score.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        Isn't that the case. This fall everybody is talking about Gopher football like nothing I have seen in years. If they are fortunate enough to beat the BADgers this area will explode! We will continue to read talk radio and broadcast ratings way up to historic levels. Local media have said, it's been spellbinding. I get what you are saying.
                        Beat the fu----- Badgers Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                          I’d bet it will be a 3-2 type game tomorrow night
                          Boom!!!!
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Not as complete of an effort as last night, but I will gladly take the sweep. 5x5 it wasn't even close. North Dakota outscored the Gophers 11-2 over the weekend when 5x5.

A split next weekend, and North Dakota finishes the first half 13-2-2. Keep it going boys!
                            Ahem. A sweep and it's 14-1-2.

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                            Good hard hitting game. Minny overall owned the night not the score.
                            Agreed. The team that played the better game did not win. This game goes into the category of a game they would have lost last year.

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            Boom!!!!
                            Well done!
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              Ahem. A sweep and it's 14-1-2.
                              This is true. However, Western is a pretty good squad this year, and the Broncos are always difficult to beat at home. A split would be a good result. Of course, I would be okay with a sweep too.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                That was hilarious The Rube. Thanks for making me laugh.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X