X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I can try to live my life under those two principles. Hopefully if more people did, then weight of numbers would prevail.

It's not going to happen overnight - not even via judicial decree. But we (I) have to start somewhere.

Both parties crush the weak in favor of the strong. Creating dependencies is bad. Crushing confidence is horrible. But (guess where I'm going), I cannot and will not ever condone the weakest among us (guess who) being annihilated for convenience sake. One party makes it part of their core beliefs. Never can or will I support them as long as they support it.
    How do the dems crush the weak?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      He's talking about the "red zone/ white zone" debate that's been going on for 40 years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FyOX4G7TmE0

Edit: Fark, the clip ends before the relevant line. He's talking about abortion.
      Last edited by unofan; 12-16-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Joe is a single issue voter: Abortion.

Doesn't matter how evil the Republicans are, as long as they are against a woman's right to control her body Joe is happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          Joe is a single issue voter: Abortion.

Doesn't matter how evil the Republicans are, as long as they are against a woman's right to control her body Joe is happy.
          All life is sacred from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death. Which, I freely admit, conflicts with capital punishment. However, pure evil must be eradicated and not allowed to grow. So that's how I split a moral hair.

I would be vehemently against any party that promoted or practiced genocide, regardless of how well they got the economy running. Surely we could agree on that?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

All life is sacred from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death. Which, I freely admit, conflicts with capital punishment. However, pure evil must be eradicated and not allowed to grow. So that's how I split a moral hair.

I would be vehemently against any party that promoted or practiced genocide, regardless of how well they got the economy running. Surely we could agree on that?
            Pure evil can be eradicated without the aid of capital punishment. And I don't know that I would want human beings determining what "pure evil" really is. Your evil may not be the same as most other people's evil. The only acceptable argument in favor of capital punishment is that a person believes there are some offenses one person can commit that cause them to forfeit the right to continue living. Why dress it up as something other than that by trying to sound noble?

Comment

sure.

I just don't buy that aborting a clump of cells without a brain is murder. At what point does an embryo become a 'person'? I don't really know, but I don't think anyone wants a late term abortion unless it is medically necessary. I don't think anyone likes abortion. I'd rather keep it legal, accessible, and safe, and get it done as early as possible. And I certainly believe it is none of my business. In a perfect world, it would only be necessary if the life of the mother is in danger. Unfortunately one group of people does not believe in comprehensive sex education and prefer sticking their head in the sand and pushing abstinence only education.

I don't think any life is sacred. We're animals, and no more special than any other in the grand scheme of the universe. I'm sure you don't have a problem eating a cheeseburger.
              Last edited by BassAle; 12-16-2016, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I can understand how you would be a one issue voter and back the Republicans given your stance on abortion. That's fine. I would expect you to also oppose abortion in cases of rape and incest to be morally consistent. That makes sense.

But I think you're "creating dependence" language is laughably partisan. That's what conservatives tell themselves to quiet their consciences. I believe that because you are a Christian you know that the Republican attitude towards helping "the least among us" is a moral abomination. Jesus never said "don't feed the hungry, you're only stifling their entrepreneurial spirit!"
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  I just don't buy that aborting a clump of cells without a brain is murder.
                  Abstinence is murder. Go f-ck somebody right now.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't think any life is sacred. We're animals, and no more special than any other in the grand scheme of the universe. I'm sure you don't have a problem eating a cheeseburger.
                    I'm biased towards life. It does cool things like let balls roll between its legs to let Ray Knight score from second.

Human life takes precedence because (1) we're human and everybody loves their own farts and (2) so far humans are the only life we've found who has the ability to sign contracts with the Red Sox so years later they can let said ball roll between their legs. When we discover the Kzinti I'll rethink it. They look like they'd make good corner outfielders. And their woman are non-sentient which would appeal to Keith Hernandez.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Abstinence is murder. Go f-ck somebody right now.
                      sorry, I've been to the vet and got neutered. all of my poor little sperm are sentenced to death.

Comment

I'm biased towards life. It does cool things like let balls roll between its legs to let Ray Knight score from second.

Human life takes precedence because (1) we're human and everybody loves their own farts and (2) so far humans are the only life we've found who has the ability to sign contracts with the Red Sox so years later they can let said ball roll between their legs. When we discover the Kzinti I'll rethink it. They look like they'd make good corner outfielders. And their woman are non-sentient which would appeal to Keith Hernandez.
                        sure, it's normal for humans to care more about the well being of other humans than a cow. But I don't think it's because we are somehow special and our lives are sacred.

Comment

sure, it's normal for humans to care more about the well being of other humans than a cow. But I don't think it's because we are somehow special and our lives are sacred.
                          Well, the reason we do care about our species is the same reason we care about our family / clan / church / nation / skin color: we are territorial apes hardwired to put borders around everything and start killin' anything on the other side.

But I'm saying there's actually a good, non-ape reason to mark off our species as special. When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Well, the reason we do care about our species is the same reason we care about our family / clan / church / nation / skin color: we are territorial apes hardwired to put borders around everything and start killin' anything on the other side.

But I'm saying there's actually a good, non-ape reason to mark off our species as special. When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            One of my cats is more intelligent than most four year olds. Does that count?

(One of her favorite things to do, if we leave the door to the garage unlocked, is to jump up and unlatch it, then watch the other cat use his claws to open the door enough to get out. She then strolls away without a care in the world since he hasn't figured out how to get back in)

Comment

I'm sigging this.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                One of my cats is more intelligent than most four year olds. Does that count?

(One of her favorite things to do, if we leave the door to the garage unlocked, is to jump up and unlatch it, then watch the other cat use his claws to open the door enough to get out. She then strolls away without a care in the world since he hasn't figured out how to get back in)
                                I've had 7 cats in my life. And I love my cats. But they're as dumb as a stump.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X