Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Elections - Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Elections - Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death....

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Seriously? I thought he was annoyed with the Democrats because they are too conservative.
    Yah, he is so far left that even a lot of the Dems don't get there for him, but they're a whole lot better from his viewpoint than those horrible Republicans, so he defends them vociferously. But since Obama is so far left, he's especially touchy about anything said about his Kenyan king.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      This is the equivalent of SLU fans whining about officiating. In every election everyone thinks their guy is held to a higher standard. And that's not even counting that the GOP has an entire network devoted to transcribing its talking points directly onto the air.

The MSM is biased towards whatever makes a buck. Right now they want fireworks and outrages. In September they'll want a close election. The only time they care about one candidate is if he pulls too far ahead and they need to tear him down to sell more Doritos.
      Yep. Right now, there's probably only one idea that unites all the various strains of conservatism in American politics, and that is their non-negotiable commitment to victimhood.

Irony has become cliche'd on this board, but this example is just too good to pass up.
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Who had this discussion? It was commonplace? Where?

From a quick Google search, I can find ONE person who said anything even remotely like this in 2008. NBC's Mark Whitaker after a December 2008 press conference where a local reporter asked four times about Blagojevich , despite the fact that the US Attorney had asked the Obama transition team not to comment while it was investigating.

There's a tough question.

Corporate media says it needs to get tougher on Obama

And exactly how tough were you hoping the media would be?
        You did a quick google search. I'm convinced. Obama is ruthlessly pursued by hostile media. Bush was beloved by Olbermann and company. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.
        Very well, said.
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          You did a quick google search. I'm convinced. Obama is ruthlessly pursued by hostile media. Bush was beloved by Olbermann and company. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            I'll have to sig this one!
            Very well, said.
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              Yep. Right now, there's probably only one idea that unites all the various strains of conservatism in American politics, and that is their non-negotiable commitment to victimhood.

Irony has become cliche'd on this board, but this example is just too good to pass up.
              Right on about the victimhood. When I was a kid conservatives were supposed to be @ ss kickin warlords in the Reagan mold. Now we've got a bunch of old right wing geezers whining on a message board because Mittens only gets a little bit more favorable coverage than Obama and the media won't fully investigate all those Kenyan-Indonesian-Mars-birth certificate stories! My, how times have changed....
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Now we've got a bunch of old right wing geezers whining on a message board.
                WHAT
                WHAT
                did anyone see my glasses.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

What recession??

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z4
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    This is what you get when you buy it by the yard.

Further proof that money, taste and brains are not necessarily related.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Saw this article in the Washington Post and it makes a good point regarding Romney being a transformational President:
                      ================================================== ================================================
                      Odds are....that if Obama wins, he will still be negotiating with Republican leaders in Congress. But the same can’t be said for Mitt Romney.

If Romney wins the election, it’s almost a sure bet that Republicans win control of both the House and the Senate. And that matters. Right now, the GOP’s agenda is the Ryan budget, and that’s entirely fiscal: It’s a premium support plan for Medicare, and tax cuts, and deep cuts to Medicaid, food stamps and other domestic programs. All that can be passed through budget reconciliation — which is to say, all that can be made immune to the filibuster.

So if Romney wins and the Republicans take control, they could accomplish quite a lot on party-line votes, even if their majorities are slim, and Democrats are opposed. Indeed, Romney could end up being a fairly transformational president for conservatives so long as he’s paired with a Republican Congress.

================================================== ================================================

Agree completely. Elect Mittens and you're turning the country over to The Boner, McConnell and Ryan.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Elect Mittens and you're turning the country over to The Boner, McConnell and Ryan.
                        Seeing the wonderful job Pelosi and Reid did from 2008 through 2010, when they even had a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, I'm not sure I ever want to see one party -- either party -- control all three branches ever again. Though I'll bet that the Republicans will never "deem to have passed" a bill when they never really did pass it....
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

The horrors that for once the feds might pay some attention to cleaning their fiscal house!
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                            The horrors that for once the feds might pay some attention to cleaning their fiscal house!
                            Because when I think fiscal responsibility, I think of the GOP.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              Though I'll bet that the Republicans will never "deem to have passed" a bill when they never really did pass it....
                              Because when I think procedural integrity, I think of the GOP.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Because when I think fiscal responsibility, I think of the GOP.
                                Hey, I'll take what I can get. May not be much, but at this point, as our nation careens toward fiscal disaster, I'll take anyone who shows any interest in putting things on a sustainable basis.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X