X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    The geometry of MacInnes Ice arena would not cause a new centerhung to block the other end of the ice, especially since a new board could actually be hung closer to the trusses. The plans for that end would not allow for an end wall, since above the concourse level would be a crows nest for the pep band.
    These drafted plans are available for viewing somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
      No, a former coach once showed them to me.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

My thought exactly, Let us have a look. I suspect there is more than one plan. I like a new scoreboard, as long as it doesn't mess things up lighting wise.. I wonder if the trusses are stressed for the additional weight.
        I think going forward there will be a lot more sell outs.I think the atmosphere will get back to what it used to be and I think the plans for expansion should add more seats,( maybe 500 or so) as well as some suites, as well as other facilities behind. Maybe you move the huskies club down there, and make the present room into another two suites. I also think the university could promote certain hockey weekends better. Winter carnival for instance, should be a complete sell out. Offer alumni a package with hotel, car, hockey, and WC activities for one price.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          My thought exactly, Let us have a look. I suspect there is more than one plan. I like a new scoreboard, as long as it doesn't mess things up lighting wise.. I wonder if the trusses are stressed for the additional weight.
          I think going forward there will be a lot more sell outs.I think the atmosphere will get back to what it used to be and I think the plans for expansion should add more seats,( maybe 500 or so) as well as some suites, as well as other facilities behind.
          The roof was apparently over designed incase of record snowfalls, also quite a bit of weight has been taken out in the past few years when they removed a bunch of useless ventilation equipment. The next spot for seating expansion would be retractable seating where the bleachers currently sit.
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

The roof was apparently over designed incase of record snowfalls, also quite a bit of weight has been taken out in the past few years when they removed a bunch of useless ventilation equipment. The next spot for seating expansion would be retractable seating where the bleachers currently sit.
            the plan there was to turn that in to some kind of club level seating wasn't it?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I really hope an engineering school wouludn't mess this up. Of course this is the same place that gave us "The Institution" so I can't really assume any well thought out plans are made there.
              Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
              *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

i'm not a big fan of retractable seating. I think it all ought to be the same.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                  I really hope an engineering school wouludn't mess this up. Of course this is the same place that gave us "The Institution" so I can't really assume any well thought out plans are made there.
                  Tech being an engineering school has nothing to do with it, as more then one building on campus has or had issues during construction. Even after people on campus said that won't work here because........

Comment

Also, the new scoreboard in all likelihood would weigh less than what is currently there.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Tech being an engineering school has nothing to do with it, as more then one building on campus has or had issues during construction. Even after people on campus said that won't work here because........
                      I am perfectly aware that Tech is not doing the actual construction or running any of the number. And if they were it would be admin people and not actual engineering students or professors. Still a major construction error at an engineering school would still reflect poorly on the school, just because of public perception.

Also, the new scoreboard in all likelihood would weigh less than what is currently there.
                      With all of the new technology and processes that has come along since that board went up I can't think of any reason why the new videoboads shouldn't be comparable in terms of weight if not lighter. I'm more concerned with the spacing and viewablity, and the overall atmosphere created.
                      Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                      *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

I am perfectly aware that Tech is not doing the actual construction or running any of the number. And if they were it would be admin people and not actual engineering students or professors. Still a major construction error at an engineering school would still reflect poorly on the school, just because of public perception.With all of the new technology and processes that has come along since that board went up I can't think of any reason why the new videoboads shouldn't be comparable in terms of weight if not lighter. I'm more concerned with the spacing and viewablity, and the overall atmosphere created.
                        Oh I agree, just meant that it has happened on campus before. Seems any plans older or not would be digital and allow to check viewing from any seat, current or future.

A plus for former/current Tech admin is they have had some sort of campus plan on paper looking into future needs/wants for buildings, locations, expansion space needed. It is one of the benefits of Tech to have such a tight campus.

Comment

Oh I agree, just meant that it has happened on campus before. Seems any plans older or not would be digital and allow to check viewing from any seat, current or future.

A plus for former/current Tech admin is they have had some sort of campus plan on paper looking into future needs/wants for buildings, locations, expansion space needed. It is one of the benefits of Tech to have such a tight campus.
                          It's called BIM, building information modeling. Using a program like that can help "see" areas where things overlap or obstruct that were otherwise overlooked. Quite the technology.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            the plan there was to turn that in to some kind of club level seating wasn't it?
                            are you thinking something like the miller lite section at green bay gamblers games? Student attendance would definitely increase if this was the case.

Comment

Jordan Baker will sign with the Colorado Eagles of the CHL and join former husky, Riley Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Jordan Baker will sign with the Colorado Eagles of the CHL and join former husky, Riley Nelson.
                                sweet!
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X