X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    Ant comments on the new MTU Athletics website? Just a start but surely better then before.
    For a University with "Technology" in its name the overhaul was LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG overdue.

I'm not a fan of the background image scrolling with the content. It really makes the page lag when you move around. The general page is a bit overload with big icons to get you to the sport you want, but when you look at the hockey home page I think that format is fine. ANYTHING is better than that 8th grade hack job site we had before.

In unrelated news I found the following story on Josh Robinson post-MTU.
    http://thegoalieguild.com/2012/06/el...josh-robinson/

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The gold jerseys are out.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20120629qutewx

Hockey Huskies Release Second New Jersey Design
      HOUGHTON, Mich. — The Michigan Tech hockey team today unveiled the second of three new jerseys for the 2012-13 season.

The gold sweater features a throwback design to a Huskies uniform from the 1970s. The solid gold jersey uses the Huskies script logo and has off-white and black striping on the sleeves and across the bottom of the body.

Tech's gold jersey will be its third jersey used for special occasions such as Winter Carnival.

"This design is a throwback to the 70s, when Tech played in three straight NCAA Championship games," said head coach Mel Pearson, who lettered for the Huskies from 1977-81. "As I said when we released the black jersey, we want to honor the tradition and long-standing history of the Michigan Tech hockey program."

Michigan Tech hockey has now released two of its three jerseys, which all use the modern, NHL-style cut. The third design will be revealed in late July.

Comment

I know one thing. The Huskies script logo beats the snot out of the piano dog on anything, anywhere. Not as sure about the desirability of using black blocks for nameplates or off-white for stripes.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
          Originally posted by geezer View Post
          I know one thing. The Huskies script logo beats the snot out of the piano dog on anything, anywhere. Not as sure about the desirability of using black blocks for nameplates or off-white for stripes.
          Agreed about the black nameblocks, geezer - that looks goofy. I think the off-white stripes look okay, though they probably specified off-white because they'll turn that color anyway. I'm hoping that the jersey isn't in dazzle, because in all other respects I love that jersey.

As for piano dog/****hawk/triforce Husky, that poor thing needs to be shot in the head and put out of its misery. I played around with a sort of robohusky logo a couple years ago, but really, anything is better than what we have. Throw up a contest to the student body, pay the winner $500 or some paltry sum, and see what you get.
          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

They went pretty traditional with that one, as I expected. No complaints, though when I see it in person I suspect I won't like the black nameplate.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
              Throw up a contest to the student body, pay the winner $500 or some paltry sum, and see what you get.
              I'm pretty sure that's exactly how the Piano Dog came about when I was a freshman or thereabout. I remember being aggravated with it when it was first chosen.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how the Piano Dog came about when I was a freshman or thereabout. I remember being aggravated with it when it was first chosen.
                God, really? Maybe now that Tech has an actual art department, the results will be a little better.

Of course, if The Institution picks the finalists, we all know how that will turn out.

I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Comment

God, really? Maybe now that Tech has an actual art department, the results will be a little better.

Of course, if The Institution picks the finalists, we all know how that will turn out.
                  Similar to "I am Husky" ?
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    agreed, though it was unstable with my older version of safari and some of the links didn't work well for me, firefox worked fine.
                    If it's unstable in an older version.... I don't think that is the webdev's fault. Upgrade your stuff

I like the traditional style here. Still buying the black first so far though
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Throw up a contest to the student body, pay the winner $500 or some paltry sum...
                      That probably covers about 3/4 of one textbook by now.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        That probably covers about 3/4 of one textbook by now.
                        I'm not sure is the right icon for that... more like or or or

Comment

Notice...no Michigan Tech in the script. Mel can really work miracles.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            Notice...no Michigan Tech in the script. Mel can really work miracles.
                            First thing I noticed. Looks sharp.no shoulder patches?
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Ryan J must still be busy cornering the market on these things. Eagerly awaiting his analysis on how closely they actually match with their '70s inspiration.

Comment

Ryan J must still be busy cornering the market on these things. Eagerly awaiting his analysis on how closely they actually match with their '70s inspiration.
                                Sorry for the delay chiming in. I'm in Salt Lake City and the Mor-mens don't let you have internet access to look at racy things like new hockey jerseys. You have to get outside the city limit to see such things. I also want to give a quick "I'm sorry" to the town of Herriman, UT which caught fire immediately after I first saw this jersey design... because it is "hot". I'll give it thumbs up since we are going for a classic look and thus it shouldn't be anything new or shocking. Regarding the nameplates, most of the jerseys back then had contrasting color plates with single color names. Or maybe this is the modern NHL style, ala the Flyers.
                                http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...ires-Rosecrest

Contrasting color plates, but BELOW the numbers (1980s vintage)

But seriously, to say this jersey is a copy of the 1970s only holds water if you are of the mindset that copy means the jersey has numbers and "Huskies" across the front. But you can be the judge below. I'll work on a more formal analysis when I'm back in Cheeseland tomorrow. The real question is does the team now "Go Wild with the Whites" and give us something totally new? Or was the black design "radical". The black didn't go far enough to please me in terms of being our "new" jersey since so many teams have done similar. I'm looking for a whole new "angry Huskies dog" to suit my taste buds. If Piano Dog was the 1990s radical change, what are we getting for this new era of Tech hockey?

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X