X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    Seems that the pour will be tomorrow, may try and watch some of it.
    It has begun

Comment

Hey Shirtless,

Can we expect Future Huskies interviews with Jamie Phillips and Malcolm Gould? This series is one of the best parts of Tech Hockey Guide.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
        Hey Shirtless,

Can we expect Future Huskies interviews with Jamie Phillips and Malcolm Gould? This series is one of the best parts of Tech Hockey Guide.
        First up is a commitment article on Evan Anderson...I will see what I can do about a Future Huskies interview with Phillips and Gould.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Nice article about Jujhar Khaira with a short interview. He talks about why he chose MTU and gives some credit to Ed Dempsey:

http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey...hockey,wp11943
          Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Here's a link to the Mining Gazette's photo gallery of the concrete pour yesterday:

http://cu.mininggazette.com/gallerie....php?id=299627

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
              Here's a link to the Mining Gazette's photo gallery of the concrete pour yesterday:

Thanks for that. Much better than the web cam at times, answers a number of my questions.
              It appears that this cement was poured fairly stiff. I saw someone walking on it at 5 pm which surprised me, and very little water came to the top when it was worked, which also surprised me.

Anyone know if there will be any of the after pour treatments put on it?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

food for thought is that it's possible a future "new wcha" school will never make it there if the NCHC decides to invite another school in by 2013

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                  food for thought is that it's possible a future "new wcha" school will never make it there if the NCHC decides to invite another school in by 2013
                  Which one are you suggesting?
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Which of those schools do you think is ready to double its budget?
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post

Nice to see all the improvements to the Mac over the past few seasons. When they get the new scoreboard, it will be even better. Excellent work by Suzanne, Dave Nordstrom and to all the alumni who have made contributions toward enhancing the Husky program. 40 years and it's still one of the best places in the country to watch a game.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

not fair starting a rumor during the off season on the internet just to make others anxious, plus it would be a bottom feeder

Comment

I was just watching this interview with Tony Esposito, wherein he insinuates that he was hurt by Bill Wirtz's lack of recognition for past Blackhawks, and it made me wonder what kind of relationship, if any, he has with Michigan Tech these days. We inducted him into our Hall of Fame in 1991...has he been back since? (Did he even come back for that?)

Relevant quote from Tony: "The mindset was different before. It wasn't about anything to do with past players or any kind of a culture or heritage. It was about the now player and the future player. I think that you have to cultivate the team over the long haul, from the past to present and the future, to build a tradition."

I think the first order of business once we get that new scoreboard ought to be bringing Tony in for a nice video tribute and number retirement ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                            I was just watching this interview with Tony Esposito, wherein he insinuates that he was hurt by Bill Wirtz's lack of recognition for past Blackhawks, and it made me wonder what kind of relationship, if any, he has with Michigan Tech these days. We inducted him into our Hall of Fame in 1991...has he been back since? (Did he even come back for that?)

Relevant quote from Tony: "The mindset was different before. It wasn't about anything to do with past players or any kind of a culture or heritage. It was about the now player and the future player. I think that you have to cultivate the team over the long haul, from the past to present and the future, to build a tradition."

I think the first order of business once we get that new scoreboard ought to be bringing Tony in for a nice video tribute and number retirement ceremony.
                            He has been back and has even played in alumni games, although, to my knowledge, it's been quite some time.

Comment

we stopped in to see the concrete pour. (more fun than watching paint dry, but just barely) I was surprised how labor intensive it was. guess I visualized a truck dumping and a Zamboni smoothing it out. it was a pretty neat process.

John MacInnes' son Scott has been elected president of Blue Line Club.

fund raising for the scoreboard and a few smaller things on Mel's wish list continue.

great deal of community excitement building for the hockey season.

but, let's wait and have summer first!!
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                fund raising for the scoreboard and a few smaller things on Mel's wish list continue.
                                I think Pearson mentioned some improvements to the weight room a few weeks back.

As for Tony O, I was under the impression that he hasn't had any contact with the program since the Watters years.

The NCHC has publicly indicated that they are happy with 8 teams, but if they were to invite anyone else, Bowling Green would be my guess. They are fully D1, have 18,000 students, and give Miami and Western another bus trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X