X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    To add on to F2B&G's summary, some other notes from the 5/25 episode: etc Mel has a very busy June Maybe another Mel Pearson show right after the NHL draft
    What no ice rink update? Almost looks like the rink height will be higher up then before but hard to tell.

Comment

Construction is on schedule and they expect to start pouring concrete on or about June 12th, they may even be able to start the pour a few days early. The pour will be one continuous 16 hour pour, creating a joint-free slab.

Comment

Check out JohnsonsJerseys' story on the new Road Jersey.
        http://www.techhockeyguide.com/2012/...3-road-jersey/
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          Construction is on schedule and they expect to start pouring concrete on or about June 12th, they may even be able to start the pour a few days early. The pour will be one continuous 16 hour pour, creating a joint-free slab.
          :thumbsup: That's would be fun to watch. Long day for the laborers tho.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This article has some info on who Khaira has interviewed with at the NHL Draft Combine...

Comment

So if Khaira is going to be a force in the league as it appears everyone thinks, who's he playing with.? Does the increase in his draft standing mean his potential partners will change or are we fans just behind the 8 ball, and the coaches are way ahead of us. How about D johnstone, Khaira, Pietila.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                So if Khaira is going to be a force in the league as it appears everyone thinks, who's he playing with.? Does the increase in his draft standing mean his potential partners will change or are we fans just behind the 8 ball, and the coaches are way ahead of us. How about D johnstone, Khaira, Pietila.
                set him up with Milos and another smart player, maybe B. Pietila or Furne. Is it hockey season yet?
                In this case, we're way ahead of the coaches. They're certainly not setting line combinations in June.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Khaira, Johnstone and Pietila sounds good to me
                  Kero, petan ,furne;
                  gordic, gould, j johnstone;
                  vallis, rix, eick
                  Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 06-02-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Just looking at our roster makes me impatient for October. That is probably the deepest group of forwards Tech has seen in a long time. It's a fairly young lineup, so I'm not expecting miracles, but the bar should be set high and they should be a lot of fun to watch. Just have to get the goalie situation figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                      Meanwhile, Joe Schuldt is still waiting to be drafted...we're at #104 as I type this.

EDIT: Joe was not selected. His brother was taken at #327 by Omaha.
                      Schuldt is trying out with the Sioux Falls Stampede this weekend.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/01/sp...icrophone.html

A good article from the times.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          :thumbsup: That's would be fun to watch. Long day for the laborers tho.
                          Saw them work the entire weekend. Is that tape down on the insulation boards? Then a mesh cover? Or did they put some piping down already?

Comment

I was going to ask if the new coolant unit was in yet as well. The whole process is very interesting to watch. And I agree with the coach.. it's a disease.

Fade, did he mention a web site we could go to in order to donate, or should we just do the regular hockey endowment route.
                            Last edited by manurespreader; 06-04-2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Sitting at my campsite, looking over a lake, but thinking of hockey. Weak wireless signal lets me catch up on the offseason thread. Hullooo to all my homies here on the boards. Drop the puck already, eh?
                              PS what's the drive time Anchorage to Fairbanks? Could be worth the journey to see both in a week...
                              Huskeeeeez

Comment

Originally posted by MacInnes Diehard View Post
                                Sitting at my campsite, looking over a lake, but thinking of hockey. Weak wireless signal lets me catch up on the offseason thread. Hullooo to all my homies here on the boards. Drop the puck already, eh?
                                PS what's the drive time Anchorage to Fairbanks? Could be worth the journey to see both in a week...
                                According to Google Maps: 359 mi, 6 hours 27 mins. Through the edge of the Denali Wilderness Park.

Would be a fantastic drive if the weather cooperated.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X