X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    Tyler Gubb has left the team.
    To update huskyfan's post from March, it was posted on Twitter that Gubb is off to St. Thomas.

Did anyone see the Michigan Tech Huskies Athletics facebook post about something comign in July? Does anyone think it's hockey related? I see they posted that it's not related to a video scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      To update huskyfan's post from March, it was posted on Twitter that Gubb is off to St. Thomas.

Did anyone see the Michigan Tech Huskies Athletics facebook post about something comign in July? Does anyone think it's hockey related? I see they posted that it's not related to a video scoreboard.
      Maybe they're adding women's hockey.
      Actually, hopefully they're not...we don't need that kind of money pit.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Maybe they're adding women's hockey. Actually, hopefully they're not...we don't need that kind of money pit.
        Doubt it's women's hockey but they would be more successful there sooner then the men's program. Considering there is now a mandate to increase the number of female students 35% by 2020 I think you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          Considering there is now a mandate to increase the number of female students 35% by 2020 I think you never know.
          WHY COULDN'T THEY DO THIS WHEN I WAS THERE?

Twitch Boy Cannot Have Nice Things.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post

The new hockey jerseys?
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              The new hockey jerseys?
              They were supposed to be releasing one of those per month in May, June, and July. I think this is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                They were supposed to be releasing one of those per month in May, June, and July. I think this is something else.
                Ahh, I had misread that they would be released during one of those months.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Michigan Tech schedule released today:
                  http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/S...14&SPSID=90385

Pretty cool to see LSSU and Tech play a home and home series in the middle of October.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    Michigan Tech schedule released today:
                    http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/S...14&SPSID=90385
                    And it contains errors... how special.
                    Say it with me... "We can not have nice (accurate) things."
                    The GLI is December 28th and 29th, not the 27th and 28th as shown on the MTU schedule.

While the home / home is cool I hope future series will not be home / home once they are in the same league. With all the cost containment concerns of the new WCHA, why make both teams road trip for two games? Even Duluth isn't worth a home / home series in my opinion. NMU I can understand as it's under 2-hours even for a bus.

And those Tuesday games vs NMU... still the dumbest scheduling moves ever. They could have been two of the biggest games on the schedule and you put them on a weekday and to top it off, Tech's home game is the Tuesday after Carnival... ***?? Why not put them on a open weekend?

Ryan J
                    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 05-18-2012, 05:12 PM.
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      And those Tuesday games vs NMU... still the dumbest scheduling moves ever. They could have been two of the biggest games on the schedule and you put them on a weekday and to top it off, Tech's home game is the Tuesday after Carnival... ***?? Why not put them on a open weekend?
                      Not much that can be done there. Our off weekends either wouldn't match up with Northern's, or would be over holidays when no one's around. At least the weekday games are still during the semester.

Comment

New Jerseys in May... tick tock tick tock
                        Only six working days left - I hope Mel isn't going to make us wait until the 31st to see the first design. Michigan already has all four of their designs posted with a full on PR campaign for each one.

Ryan J

Comment

New Jerseys in May... tick tock tick tock
                          Only six working days left - I hope Mel isn't going to make us wait until the 31st to see the first design. Michigan already has all four of their designs posted with a full on PR campaign for each one.

Ryan J
                          I just asked the Tech athletics Facebook account for an update - it's on their wall. We'll see if I get a reply.

Comment

While the home / home is cool I hope future series will not be home / home once they are in the same league. With all the cost containment concerns of the new WCHA, why make both teams road trip for two games? Even Duluth isn't worth a home / home series in my opinion. NMU I can understand as it's under 2-hours even for a bus.

Ryan J
                            The original agreement was to play 2 games in Houghton during the 2012-13 season and then 2 in the Sault during the 2013-14 season. The agreement was prior to the league changes. I think that is why the switch to a home and home was made.

The Lakers currently do not play home and home in league play against Northern, so there is no way they will play home and home against Tech when in the same league.

Comment

My senior year (08-09) we were on the road for the Superior Showcase, and I remember that the team drove straight back from the Soo on Saturday night. While there surely won't be home-and-homes since it would be silly to make that trip twice, I could envision Friday-only hotel stays for additional cost containment, since the Houghton-Soo trip is only about five hours (in good weather).

Comment

Bad info removed.
                                Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 05-22-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X