This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Chris Dilks retweeted a trade today during the WHL draft. WHL Silvertips made a trade to get some picks and Jujar Khaira.

His following tweets - "That's Michigan Tech recruit Jujhar Khaira being traded to a relatively more desirable location in Everett."

"Khaira is a likely NHL draft pick this summer, and I imagine Everett will make a big push to sign him."

Hopefully it's nothign to be concerned about!

Comment

This is the second time some yahoo canadian journalist has said Houghton is an undesirable location, and that's just plain ignorant.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        This is the second time some yahoo canadian journalist has said Houghton is an undesirable location, and that's just plain ignorant.
        Poor phrasing/140 characters. I meant Everett is a more desirable location than Prince George.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I took that comment as Everett being slightly more desirable than Prince George...as far as the WHL goes. The PG Cougars were a last place team. The Everett Silvertips made the playoffs as a 2nd to last place team in their division...
          EDIT:
          Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          Poor phrasing/140 characters. I meant Everett is a more desirable location than Prince George.
          yeah, what he said.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            But, out with the truth, are you really a yahoo canadian reporter?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              I took that comment as Everett being slightly more desirable than Prince George...as far as the WHL goes. The PG Cougars were a last place team. The Everett Silvertips made the playoffs as a 2nd to last place team in their division...
              It would also be more desirable for Khaira because Everett is a ninety-minute drive south from his hometown of Surrey, and Prince George is a ten-hour drive north.

Khaira: "No, right now and I’m sure it won’t change, I’m 100% sure I want to go to college."

Comment

We heard the same thing from Jake Hauswirth when the rumors of talks with Washington started. Two months later, he was on a plane to South Carolina. A major junior team will likely be even more aggressive than the Capitals organization.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  We heard the same thing from Jake Hauswirth when the rumors of talks with Washington started. Two months later, he was on a plane to South Carolina. A major junior team will likely be even more aggressive than the Capitals organization.
                  Pierro-Zabotel and Hauswirth are on the opposite side of the spectrum from Khaira...those 2 had academic issues holding them back. Khaira has no such issues. I certainly hope he decides to stay with MTU but who he gets drafted by could have the biggest impact on that.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Hauswirth was passed over in two NHL drafts then all of a sudden had an NHL contract offer, which might not have been waiting for him after 1–4 years at Tech. Khaira, on the other hand, will be drafted and has an NCAA coach who can make an authoritative case that going over to the WHL won't improve his prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Pierro-Zabotel and Hauswirth are on the opposite side of the spectrum from Khaira...those 2 had academic issues holding them back. Khaira has no such issues.
                      Yes, I was really impressed by this tweet from Khaira a few months ago:

"Just disgusted how behind I am in school already. Back to back weekend Roadies are not helping. #3dayschoolweeks #4dayweekends #brutal"

Not apathetic, disgusted. He holds himself to a standard. I wish all our players were like this.

Comment

Yeah I thought I had heard Hauswirth wasn't all that excited about college/classes. Jujhar seems like the opposite.

A section of a Silvertips blog on the first round of their draft today:

As for Khaira, he's an intriguing pick-up. Khaira, from Surrey, B.C., is big (6-foot-3, 195 pounds) and put up big-time points (29 goals, 50 assists in 54 games) playing in the BCHL for the Prince George Spruce Kings. He was 74th in the NHL Central Scouting Service's final rankings for the upcoming NHL draft. However, he's also committed to Michigan Tech. That said, I can't imagine the Tips make this deal as comprised if they don't have at least some confidence they can land Khaira.
                        http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...wheel-and-deal

Comment

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the fact that Everett picked him up. At the end of the day, both clubs know that he committed to Tech. As a result, both clubs know his value based on the likelihood that he plays college vs Majors. The best way to get a sense for how strongly Everett feels about being able to sign him is to look at the other picks/players involved. If those other elements are a wash, then Everett just got Khaira's rights on a flyer (bonus if they get him, but not counting on it). If there's a big discrepancy without him, then Everett is counting on him changing his mind. It's an 11th and a 3rd for a 7th and a fourth. Pretty even. The conditional part may be tied to whether they can get Khaira or not.

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post

A section of a Silvertips blog on the first round of their draft today:

As for Khaira, he's an intriguing pick-up. Khaira, from Surrey, B.C., is big (6-foot-3, 195 pounds) and put up big-time points (29 goals, 50 assists in 54 games) playing in the BCHL for the Prince George Spruce Kings. He was 74th in the NHL Central Scouting Service's final rankings for the upcoming NHL draft. However, he's also committed to Michigan Tech. That said, I can't imagine the Tips make this deal as comprised if they don't have at least some confidence they can land Khaira.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...wheel-and-deal

Comment

I was also referring to an article where Kappula was going to be going mj, and how desirable the new location would be over Houghton.I think the writer of that one was from Ottawa. Someone refresh my memory on that, please.. I was disappointed Hauswirth didn't come but you're right a different kettle of fish.
                            also I was expecting most of these players to be on campus quite soon, am I wrong on that?
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Cary Eades will not have his contract renewed as part of a restructuring of UND's coaching staff for the 2012-13 season
                              Anyone catch this gem yesterday out of Grand Forks? One year all of Houghton wants you to the be their head coach, the next year no one wants you and you're looking for a job...
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                Cary Eades will not have his contract renewed as part of a restructuring of UND's coaching staff for the 2012-13 season
                                Anyone catch this gem yesterday out of Grand Forks? One year all of Houghton wants you to the be their head coach, the next year no one wants you and you're looking for a job...
                                Ryan J
                                I don't think it is accurate to say that no one wants him. I wouldn't expect him to be out of a job for very long. Eades is **** good hockey coach, he'll land on his feet. My guess is an AHL assistant job.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X