X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
    Sorry, I forgot about the Alaska exemption. With only 34 games and not too many openings left in Northern's schedule, I wonder how we'll fit them in. I also thought we'd be playing an away game at AIC in 2012. In 2010 we hosted St. Lawrence and in 2011, we traveled to St. Lawrence. It seems like we might have had a similar deal with AIC. If that's the case, then LSSU is off the table for this year.
    You don't necessarily have to pay back AIC this coming season...that has happen before.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

While it would be a nice gesture, I wouldn't be shocked if we never paid AIC a return visit. With an average paid attendance of a few hundred (at best), it's not like that program makes any money. They would not miss a visit from a non-conference opponent, especially one from the UP that few from the East Coast have ever heard of.

Comment

But if we're going there to buy jerseys anyway, we might as well bring the team with and play a game.
        "Hey I hear your attendace is low. How many sets of season tickets do I have to buy to get a jersey?..."
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

For those that don't use Twitter, some Stephen Anderson tweets today:

- Pearson is in Naples for the coaches meetings
          - All ice is out in the Copper Country - Demo starts Monday
          - He'll have a hockey article in the DMG Saturday
          - Person and Walk Kyle spoke today at 1 - not finalized by NUM/Tech games in 2012/13 will likely be on Tuesdays
          - Saturdays article will be on the recruits - Copley, Phillips, Hyland, Eick, Gould, Khaira & Petan
          - OT being discussed at the convention - Perason like the 5x5 for 5 mins - 5/9 Tech OT games decided in 5 mins
          - Non-conference teams for 2013/14 and beyond interested in home and away with Tech - UMD, UW, UND, Michigan, Notre Dame
          - Tech will have all new Home/Away/Alternate uniforms, will likely unveil 1 a month between May and July - they're more throwback, NHL style

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            For those that don't use Twitter, some Stephen Anderson tweets today:
            - Tech will have all new Home/Away/Alternate uniforms, will likely unveil 1 a month between May and July - they're more throwback, NHL style
            No need to wait until May... This beauty just arrived today from another Michigan Tech alum who was nice enough to part with this so that I can add it to my collection and share it with others online. While I knew about a half dozen of these gold Rawlings jerseys were out in the public thanks to some sale notes provided by a jersey dealer (their purchase list from MTU many years ago with details about the numbers, manufacturer, name - if present, and color) this is the first time I have ever seen one of these jerseys anywhere.

With almost a dozen jerseys in my collection now from the 1980s, it is becoming very clear that many of the names are either wrong or don't belong on the jerseys at all because the names and years are starting to conflict with yearbook photos and other reference items. I hope at some point this to summer to spend at day on campus and just get some time with the sports information photo archives and try to solve the mystery that is jerseys of the 1980s.

These photos really don't do this jersey justice. Just as an example, check out the black sleeve cuffs. Every one of those "spots" is a repair of the jersey. The crest has even been sewn back on the jersey in several locations. Regardless of what year(s) this was used or who wore it, I'm thrilled to add this to the collection.

Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              While it would be a nice gesture, I wouldn't be shocked if we never paid AIC a return visit. With an average paid attendance of a few hundred (at best), it's not like that program makes any money. They would not miss a visit from a non-conference opponent, especially one from the UP that few from the East Coast have ever heard of.
              There was consideration to make AIC an tInvasion III, but it never materialized. At the time, paid attendance was 200 or so. That's paid, not actual. Think if we could bring in 50-60 USCHOers to crash the party. It wouldn't be unheard of: at Reid's for the F4 last year, I counted 45 in our group, that I could see, and I know there were more that weren't in the immediate area.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                There was consideration to make AIC an tInvasion III, but it never materialized. At the time, paid attendance was 200 or so. That's paid, not actual. Think if we could bring in 50-60 USCHOers to crash the party. It wouldn't be unheard of: at Reid's for the F4 last year, I counted 45 in our group, that I could see, and I know there were more that weren't in the immediate area.
                This needs to happen some day..
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  This needs to happen some day..
                  When con1977 and I researched flights, IIRC they were around 500-600 round trip, no matter what airport you flew into. That was a drawback.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I like the part about how we might get N.C. series going with MI, UMD, and UND. I don't much care about WI or ND, although they would be better than a lot of the alternative.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

The official Tech announcment today that Gould and Phillips are on the 2012-13 roster.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/V...CLID=205420341

The roster page has been updated with the incoming freshman.

So no Vallis it seems like?

Also, I don't think either of these goalies are a Corson Cramer, do we need to find a way to stagger them so they aren't in the same class?

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                        The official Tech announcment today that Gould and Phillips are on the 2012-13 roster.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/V...CLID=205420341

The roster page has been updated with the incoming freshman.

So no Vallis it seems like?

Also, I don't think either of these goalies are a Corson Cramer, do we need to find a way to stagger them so they aren't in the same class?
                        Max Vallis is still quite likely to be on the 2012-13 roster, I can't really elaborate other than there are reasons that MTU can't officially add him at this time, etc.

Phillips and Copley are both starter caliber goalies so the 2012-13 roster won't have a Cramer/Hachey type guy. I'm sure MTU wanted to stagger those two but was unable to get both to be Huskies without getting both to start college this season.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Weren't both Hachey and Cramer basically brought in at the last minute due to losses of goalies. i.e. Teslak and whoever, lol.
                          2005-2006: 7-25-6
                          2006-2007: 18-17-5
                          2007-2008: 14-20-5
                          2008-2009: 6-25-7
                          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I'm not sure about Hatch, but the Coin Collector was definitely brought in as a third-stringer, originally behind Red Light Robbie and Robo.

Comment

Not hockey news, but the Green Bay Packers have signed alumnus DL Drew Vanderlin.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                                Not hockey news, but the Green Bay Packers have signed alumnus DL Drew Vanderlin.
                                Shouldnt have brought it up, it's only a matter of time before the monster shows up with some useless D2 football talk
                                Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                                Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Working...
                                X