X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012: An Off-Season to Be Optimistic

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Koudys is leaving rpi to play juniors.
    Well that sucks if true! Probably explains why RPI went out and got Bokenfohr for next year though. Hopefully Bergin decides to stick around another year now.

I wonder if he'll end up in Oshawa, who drafted him a few years back. FWIW, he'd be teammates with NQ if thats where he goes.

Comment

I saw him not 5 minutes ago walking to class. Seems far-fetched given that he's a CivE. Do you have a source?
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        I saw him not 5 minutes ago walking to class. Seems far-fetched given that he's a CivE. Do you have a source?
        That was my thought as well but he could be finishing up the school year since Oshawa (if thats where he goes) is done playing for the season. Im sure the Capitals have a big say in where he plays though...

Comment

This doesn't surprise me at all. He hasn't been getting much playing time, especially in the latter half of the season.

Comment

can't say this would shock me considering how the season played out for PK. "What # would you like Mr. Bradley".
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
              Well that sucks if true! Probably explains why RPI went out and got Bokenfohr for next year though. Hopefully Bergin decides to stick around another year now.

I wonder if he'll end up in Oshawa, who drafted him a few years back. FWIW, he'd be teammates with NQ if thats where he goes.
              hmmm...Oshawa just relieved their GM & HC last week.... http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1163919
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                This doesn't surprise me at all. He hasn't been getting much playing time, especially in the latter half of the season.
                If it's true and he's leaving...I wonder which came first: is he going to junior because of the lack of play at RPI and the Capitals wanting him to have a better chance to develop, or did he make the decision to leave after the school year and tell Coach, and that's why he played less-giving others who would be staying the chance to get used to our system?

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  There's no hockey left to be played now - he might as well finish the school year. It is certainly possible that he could head to the USHL for a year, then to another D1 school (hopefully not Union). Can't say that I'm all that surprised, given his healthy scratches down the stretch. Leonard came in and sucked up major minutes, LeBeef continued to progress nicely, and Curadi came on late as well...competition is a good thing, IMO. Kids either rise to the challenge, or they don't.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    There's no hockey left to be played now - he might as well finish the school year. It is certainly possible that he could head to the USHL for a year, then to another D1 school (hopefully not Union). Can't say that I'm all that surprised, given his healthy scratches down the stretch. Leonard came in and sucked up major minutes, LeBeef continued to progress nicely, and Curadi came on late as well...competition is a good thing, IMO. Kids either rise to the challenge, or they don't.
                    Totally agree with you, He was not counted on at the end of the season and I really thought that he played better his freshman year. I didn't see much progress, and maybe the Caps wanted to see what he could do else where.
                    Good luck to him.
                    Of course, we do not have any confirmation that this is going to happen.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

I agree but he did not appear to be our worst performing d-man to me. Under the circumstances, I can't blame him for leaving. I also hope he won't go to Union, but Union abolished their CE major a while back.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        Totally agree with you, He was not counted on at the end of the season and I really thought that he played better his freshman year. I didn't see much progress, and maybe the Caps wanted to see what he could do else where.
                        Good luck to him.
                        Of course, we do not have any confirmation that this is going to happen.
                        +1

all of it
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Serious question to ponder-Many of the NCAA Division I hockey teams have a large number of NHL draft choices on their rosters. And some of them leave early. I am not sure what percentage leave early but it does not appear to be all that high. RPI has had a few NHL draft choices on the roster over the past several years. We have lost Pirri, D'Amigo, York early and now may lose Koudys and Bergin(who does have one year left if he wants it). All could be said to have left Troy early. It appears that we have lost a HIGH percentage of those players that had been drafted by the NHL. We do not seem to have a large number of draft choices who stay the course for all 4 years. I just wonder why? Maybe I am just not aware of other schools early losses?
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I agree but he did not appear to be our worst performing d-man to me. Under the circumstances, I can't blame him for leaving. I also hope he won't go to Union, but Union abolished their CE major a while back.
                            For whatever reasons - which we can all surmise - Appert and Vines didnt dress him down the stretch. i haven't heard of any injuries he was nursing. So clearly the coaches weren't happy with something --practice performance, attitude, preparation, pick your poison. Appert has made no secret of his desire for competition for ice time at all positions...and that is exactly what we have at the blue line. If he is indeed gone, I wish Patrick the best of luck... unless the stars align and we happen to meet him and his new team someday.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

For whatever reasons - which we can all surmise - Appert and Vines didnt dress him down the stretch. i haven't heard of any injuries he was nursing. So clearly the coaches weren't happy with something --practice performance, attitude, preparation, pick your poison. Appert has made no secret of his desire for competition for ice time at all positions...and that is exactly what we have at the blue line. If he is indeed gone, I wish Patrick the best of luck... unless the stars align and we happen to meet him and his new team someday.
                              If he pulls a Jordan Cyr...

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Serious question to ponder-Many of the NCAA Division I hockey teams have a large number of NHL draft choices on their rosters. And some of them leave early. I am not sure what percentage leave early but it does not appear to be all that high. RPI has had a few NHL draft choices on the roster over the past several years. We have lost Pirri, D'Amigo, York early and now may lose Koudys and Bergin(who does have one year left if he wants it). All could be said to have left Troy early. It appears that we have lost a HIGH percentage of those players that had been drafted by the NHL. We do not seem to have a large number of draft choices who stay the course for all 4 years. I just wonder why? Maybe I am just not aware of other schools early losses?
                                I dunno about ratios. Pirri and D'Amigo were both shooting stars -- I don't think there was a chance in heck that either of those guys were staying 4. Bergin's been here for 4 yrs (played 3) he's not leaving "early" if he does go. I think we all wondered how long Koudys would stay, but never thought he'd leave due to lack of ice time... York was ready for the next challenge. Foss was a draft pick and stayed 4. BC regularly loses guys early, but then again they just reload. Union lost Kincaid early, but Zajac stayed for 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X