Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECAC Quarterfinals -- RPI @ Union (3/9, 3/10 and maybe 3/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Quarterfinals -- RPI @ Union (3/9, 3/10 and maybe 3/11)

Looking forward to some good hockey this weekend. Congrats on RPI's wins up north.
    For the RPI fans, I always wondered....where do you find the listings for who will be officiating a game?

I only hope that the week off has not let our guys get a little rusty. They need to come our hard and strong and hoping the PP/PK and been worked on.

If any of you "soft" visiting fans need a cushion I have a few extra Union ones you can borrow
    Never see anyone complaining about Cornells seats or Colgates or any other schools...hmmmm
    Maybe being engineers you can erect a beam in front of you and feel at home.
    Good luck this weekend and here is to seeing great exciting hockey. This is what it is all about....

Comment

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
      Looking forward to some good hockey this weekend. Congrats on RPI's wins up north.
      For the RPI fans, I always wondered....where do you find the listings for who will be officiating a game?

I only hope that the week off has not let our guys get a little rusty. They need to come our hard and strong and hoping the PP/PK and been worked on.

If any of you "soft" visiting fans need a cushion I have a few extra Union ones you can borrow
      Never see anyone complaining about Cornells seats or Colgates or any other schools...hmmmm
      Maybe being engineers you can erect a beam in front of you and feel at home.
      Good luck this weekend and here is to seeing great exciting hockey. This is what it is all about....
      Usually we stick to press releases to find out about officials. Nothing outside of the public domain is used.

Colgate has chair-backs if you reserve before-hand.

Comment

I was on the BCHL website http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/schedules...TOKEN=15191336 preparing a link for an RPI recruit's (Mike Zalewski) game tonight and was surprised to find the current poll there on the lower right. I suspect that both RPI and UC fans can agree to stuff the ballot box the same way on this one.

It beats me how they picked their six games to choose from.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          A buck says Hicks/Baker for Friday, and Murphy/Kotyra for Saturday.
          Bite your tongue! The first pair would be horrible. But the second pair goes far beyond that. (I know we won twice in Potsdam last week with Kotyra on the ice-but pairing him with John Murphy just brings back one of the worst called games in RPI history). Hopefully all four of these guys will be off on a cruise somewhere.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Bite your tongue! The first pair would be horrible. But the second pair goes far beyond that. (I know we won twice in Potsdam last week with Kotyra on the ice-but pairing him with John Murphy just brings back one of the worst called games in RPI history). Hopefully all four of these guys will be off on a cruise somewhere.
            ...or they're all given an easier road trip and sent to either Ithaca or Hamilton.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some of the refs that reside either in New England or closer to Albany (like Alex Dell, mayhaps?)

Comment

God....What a series this will be !!!
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                God....What a series this will be !!!
                Hopefully. RPI could also revert to its form of earlier games vs. Union.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

...or they're all given an easier road trip and sent to either Ithaca or Hamilton.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some of the refs that reside either in New England or closer to Albany (like Alex Dell, mayhaps?)
                  Let Dartmouth deal with them in Ithaca. We have not seem much of old Alex lately. He could be heading to Schenectady this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Hopefully. RPI could also revert to its form of earlier games vs. Union.
                    That indeed is my wish also. Actually I am hoping RPI can play strong first periods and not let Union take these games away early as they have done to teams so often this year. They outscore opponents by the widest margin in the first period and they just do not get called for penalties often.

Comment

Let Dartmouth deal with them in Ithaca. We have not seem much of old Alex lately. He could be heading to Schenectady this weekend.
                      I think we only saw him vs. AIC this year. Granted I wouldn't be surprised if that's because it was a mid-week game and was the only one close enough that didn't have to request time off. I wonder if there's still some remnants of Fat Mike's whining from three years ago there. Remember, Dell reffed Game 1 of that series.

Comment

I think we only saw him vs. AIC this year. Granted I wouldn't be surprised if that's because it was a mid-week game and was the only one close enough that didn't have to request time off. I wonder if there's still some remnants of Fat Mike's whining from three years ago there. Remember, Dell reffed Game 1 of that series.
                        Over the years i have gained some respect for Dell. Have seen him for many years and there have been some good, some not so good games. He has always had the reputation of putting the whistle away early in the third period only to bring it out for a couple of late calls for things that were let go previously. But i must say he has been far better recently than in the early years. We haven't attended the games like we used to and it is really difficult to tell sometimes on video whether a call is justifiable. All you can ask for is for some consistency and a fair shake. If we make bonehead plays and deserve to be called-call them whenever they occur. But the same has to hold true for the opposition and it has to hold no matter what venue the game is played at.

Comment

Over the years i have gained some respect for Dell. Have seen him for many years and there have been some good, some not so good games. He has always had the reputation of putting the whistle away early in the third period only to bring it out for a couple of late calls for things that were let go previously. But i must say he has been far better recently than in the early years. We haven't attended the games like we used to and it is really difficult to tell sometimes on video whether a call is justifiable. All you can ask for is for some consistency and a fair shake. If we make bonehead plays and deserve to be called-call them whenever they occur. But the same has to hold true for the opposition and it has to hold no matter what venue the game is played at.
                          I've seen him pass the orange bands once or twice in the ECAC, and he also does linesman duties in the AHL.

As much as I rip on refs, I will give them a fair shake for doing well.

Comment

Appert and Bennett are on Slap Schotts tomorrow: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...on-playoff-se/

Comment

Friday & Saturday officials.........OFFICIALS: Friday’s officials are Peter Feola and Chip McDonald (referees) and Jim Briggs and Richard Patry (linesmen) ... On Saturday, the referees are Bob Ritchie and Scott Whittemore ... The linesmen are Brad Leblanc and Joe Testa............http://rpiathletics.com/documents/20...N_PLAYOFFS.pdf
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                Friday & Saturday officials.........OFFICIALS: Friday’s officials are Peter Feola and Chip McDonald (referees) and Jim Briggs and Richard Patry (linesmen) ... On Saturday, the referees are Bob Ritchie and Scott Whittemore ... The linesmen are Brad Leblanc and Joe Testa............http://rpiathletics.com/documents/20...N_PLAYOFFS.pdf
                                Could be worse, I suppose.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X