Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECAC Quarterfinals -- RPI @ Union (3/9, 3/10 and maybe 3/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Quarterfinals -- RPI @ Union (3/9, 3/10 and maybe 3/11)

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Hair meet split------ Union won the regular season last year, Yale won the tournament.
    Yes, and which one of those was awarded the conference auto-bid to the NCAA tournament? Would that not be the team that most would consider the one that "won" the ECAC?
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
      Don't try using logic with UnionHockeyManiac. It doesn't work with idiots like him.
      FYP.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        Yes, and which one of those was awarded the conference auto-bid to the NCAA tournament? Would that not be the team that most would consider the one that "won" the ECAC?
        Most, but not for those with an agenda. They hung a banner, doncha know. Goes really nicely with the "NCAA Division I Ice Hockey Championships" banner that I will again laugh at this weekend.

Freud called it... well, I can't type it because the board won't let me say the word.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Most, but not for those with an agenda. They hung a banner, doncha know. Goes really nicely with the "NCAA Division I Ice Hockey Championships" banner that I will again laugh at this weekend.

Freud called it... well, I can't type it because the board won't let me say the word.
          I'm shocked. Does this mean that you have garnered the courage to step foot inside the frightening (or take your RC adjective pick) Messa Rink and will put up with the mean and loud Union fans? Haven't you said that you fear for your life whenever you step inside our building? We'll try to make the experience as pleasant as possible for you this time around.
          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Is it the fact that we've come in first in the ECAC in back to back years or the fact that we have thoroughly dominated RPI in recent history?
            FWIW, I said that we came in first in the ECAC (as in finished in first place in the standings), not that you bright kids didn't understand what I was talking about.

Funny how words can be mangled throughout the course of a thread.
            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

He'll wear a wig !
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I'm shocked. Does this mean that you have garnered the courage to step foot inside the frightening (or take your RC adjective pick) Messa Rink and will put up with the mean and loud Union fans?
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I needed a good laugh. More like impotent and whiny.

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                He'll wear a wig !
                Did a mouse just fart?
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  He'll wear a wig !
                  Worry more about the 4v5 curse.

Comment

FWIW, I said that we came in first in the ECAC (as in finished in first place in the standings), not that you bright kids didn't understand what I was talking about.

Funny how words can be mangled throughout the course of a thread.
                    The last time I checked, you win in sports by coming in first place. ...unless, of course, you're in some children's league in Connecticut where they give a trophy to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      Is it too late to amend the Top 10 for stupidest banners?

Comment

3 games most likely on those $hi#y bleachers my back will be killing me
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Still pretty close to Cloud 9 after the weekend-Wow!

But the prospect of facing Union is making me nervous and bringing me down fast. The key for us is STAYING OUT OF THE BOX. Union understandably just seems to get under our skin in a way other teams don't, and we cannot let them get to us this weekend. We can be as physical as we like/need to be, but it has to stop short of giving the refs excuses to call anything. I believe in our team, and think they have come a long way since the last meeting with Union this season. As long as they remember how and why they did what they did the past two-plus weekends they'll be fine. But these two teams don't like each other, and I think it has the potential to get out of hand fast if they're not careful.

Just my two cents, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                            Still pretty close to Cloud 9 after the weekend-Wow!

But the prospect of facing Union is making me nervous and bringing me down fast. The key for us is STAYING OUT OF THE BOX. Union understandably just seems to get under our skin in a way other teams don't, and we cannot let them get to us this weekend. We can be as physical as we like/need to be, but it has to stop short of giving the refs excuses to call anything. I believe in our team, and think they have come a long way since the last meeting with Union this season. As long as they remember how and why they did what they did the past two-plus weekends they'll be fine. But these two teams don't like each other, and I think it has the potential to get out of hand fast if they're not careful.

Just my two cents, of course.
                            A good two cents. We have to play our most disciplined hockey of the year. We have to come out ready for the first 20 minutes as Union seems to just about always get an early lead or score a good percentage of their goals early. This year they have really take it to us-but the turning points in games have often been penalties and special team breakdowns by us. In Lake Placid I seem to recall a close game until the ref called 2 penalties on us to put us down 5 on 3. And of course at Union those shorthanded goals against were just a back breaker. Last year's 3 games between these 2 teams demonstrated what good exciting hockey can be when both teams play well. Would be nice to see that kind of competition rather than the 3 one sided games of this year.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

A buck says Hicks/Baker for Friday, and Murphy/Kotyra for Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                A good two cents. We have to play our most disciplined hockey of the year. We have to come out ready for the first 20 minutes as Union seems to just about always get an early lead or score a good percentage of their goals early. This year they have really take it to us-but the turning points in games have often been penalties and special team breakdowns by us. In Lake Placid I seem to recall a close game until the ref called 2 penalties on us to put us down 5 on 3. And of course at Union those shorthanded goals against were just a back breaker. Last year's 3 games between these 2 teams demonstrated what good exciting hockey can be when both teams play well. Would be nice to see that kind of competition rather than the 3 one sided games of this year.
                                Agree with everything here 100%. Penalties taken against Union is what seems to have killed RPI the most in games. If we can avoid Batman and Robin finding every excuse under the sun to put RPI in the box, and they play like they have been, they may have a decent shot at this series.
                                Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X