Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Ken Hodge, BC radio color guy, doing color for this game.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Curious what you mean by him being media savvy because nothing he says ever surprises me (i.e. ripping players, etc.). If anything, it seems like he has trouble giving the PC answer and that when something is in his head...he says it.
      Originally posted by Jofa View Post
      Agree JD I would say he usually says stuff that he wishes he didnt but remember most on here worship at his altar.

sav·vy   [sav-ee] Show IPA verb, -vied, -vy·ing, noun, adjective, -vi·er, -vi·est. Informal .
      verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
      to know; understand.

noun
      Also, sav·vi·ness. practical understanding; shrewdness or intelligence; common sense: a candidate who seemed to have no political savvy.

adjective
      shrewdly informed; experienced and well-informed; canny.

Comment

Just tuned in.. Is Rollie in the net ? Milan hurt ?

Comment

Originally posted by BU Ken View Post
          Just tuned in.. Is Rollie in the net ? Milan hurt ?
          Millan is not hurt. Parker wanted to give Rollie a start.

Comment

Ok .. BU actually looks pretty , at least until the penalty ..

What are the d pairings

13. 4
            5 2
            21 8???

Comment

Eric, i just don't know what context you meant it in. that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Ken View Post
                Ok .. BU actually looks pretty
                I've seen it all now

Comment

Lots of penalties in this one. BU is dominating even strength play but I'll be much happier when they can score a goal or two. Rollheiser not being tested much
                  #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    They mentioned the troubles in brief.
                    Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    It was mentioned in the pre-game when they were showing the players walking out on the ice. Ken Hodge asked Jack about the "tough week" and how it affected the kids focus. He said the only time the players were smiling this week is when they were on the ice.
                    Thanks for the correction. My daughter has a big sleepover going on, so it's hard to hear.
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Eric, i just don't know what context you meant it in. that's all.
                      Just meant that I think he normally knows what he wants to say and says it candidly, even if it makes some people cringe. (For example if he calls a player out in the media, people cringe and criticize him for it, but he is usually spot on.)

His comment about saying the culture probably can't change seems very odd and in stark contrast to his interviews he gave to the globe earlier in the week and also to his interview with Fed League that same day.... to me it seemed unsure of himself and grasping for something to say, which seems very unlike Jack.

Comment

You know, this team has lost 3 of its best skaters this year, to the Q and criminality. They are still near the top of the PWR and HE. They are now playing a dominating road game (against an admittedly bad) league opponent. Two thoughts:

- How good could this team have been minus w/o the criminality?

- I wish I could enjoy this team's grit, but it is hard to enjoy the play on the ice with all that has happened off of it.
                        http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                          Thanks for the correction. My daughter has a big sleepover going on, so it's hard to hear.
                          if you were still in hk i would have offered to help man the door and meet all the milfs!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                            Hopefully you have a man cave!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              if you were still in hk i would have offered to help man the door and meet all the milfs!
                              And they are FINE. Nothing but yoga, tennis, and sun, every day. Chicka-wah!

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              Hopefully you have a man cave!
                              No kidding! And, fortunately, it's BU 5 Vermont 0 in the third, so I can feel generous. "Ah, they're all singing together. How sweet!"
                              Bugs Bunny - 96
                              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey Dogg View Post
                                You know, this team has lost 3 of its best skaters this year, to the Q and criminality. They are still near the top of the PWR and HE. They are now playing a dominating road game (against an admittedly bad) league opponent. Two thoughts:

- How good could this team have been minus w/o the criminality?

- I wish I could enjoy this team's grit, but it is hard to enjoy the play on the ice with all that has happened off of it.
                                With all the parity in College Hockey right now- this could've easily been a Frozen Four year. Look at BC. I think any BC fan will tell you that their team this year is somewhat underwhelming roster-wise compared to years past yet they are probably the current favorites for the #1 seed and the national title.

Comment

Working...
                                X