Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota's Team IS THE SIOUX DAMMIT

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
    The bridesmaid of your choice at the Biddlyn wedding? Hope you didn't trade any power players, because on this trade I think you GOT SCREWED DAMMIT
    No, the trade was threatened to get vetoed, **** cockblocking SOBs in my league. Which sucks, I probably could've thrown away 2 or 3 players and still won this year.

The oddest hockey movie yet was The Love Guru Dammit!
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      Dirty already had a hockey dwarf photo in his post down at the bottom, so yours is redundant DAMMIT.
      I just wanted to know why there are so many midgets in Seguin's social circle, DAMMIT

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        I hope they do it. Simple result, the game gets played, result gets voided, opponent ruled 1-0 winner by forfeit and UND is henceforth banned from all postseason play. Do it, please DAMMIT!
        Forgot the part regarding actual and punative damages in a huge class action discrimination lawsuit against the NCAA.
        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Excellent post. Suggesting the team should risk forfeiting a National Championship so they can wear a certain drawing on their shirt is absolute lunacy. The students should risk one of the greatest moments in their life so that you don't have to buy a new shirt? Get some perspective.
          Just saying. The Fighting Sioux controversy is getting a lot of national attention and noboby seems to support the NCAA's side on this issue anymore, if the Sioux wore their jersies in protest and stood up to the NCAA that would be huge. And standing for what you believe in could actually be more important.
          Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM.
          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Oh my God. It's a name. Pick a new one and move on. The world is not going to end because UND can no longer use the Sioux logo and nickname. This issue is beyond old.
            Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
              Oh my God. It's a name. Pick a new one and move on. The world is not going to end because UND can no longer use the Sioux logo and nickname. This issue is beyond old.
              you make it seem like it is so tough for you to read posts about this issue... if you don't want to see it don't read it. stay out of these threads and I promise you that no one will miss you, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                Don't worry, we'll never have to find out because these cockgoblins will not let it happen. Instead UND will be wearing Sioux jerseys for eternity and the teams will all suck. Except for the hockey team, because that's all that matters. They'll manage to ruin a great athletic department all because they need to act like spoiled children who will not give up until they get their way. Goddamit I hate these arseholes.
                Last edited by Dirty; 02-09-2012, 06:05 PM.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                  Just saying. The Fighting Sioux controversy is getting a lot of national attention and noboby seems to support the NCAA's side on this issue anymore, if the Sioux wore their jersies in protest and stood up to the NCAA that would be huge. And standing for what you believe in could actually be more important.
                  yes!

I'm so glad someone is fighting back on this. for one time and one time only this Badger fan will yell GO SIOUX!
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                    Maybe a small majority of people on this board oppose the NCAA on this issue, but I would guess most of the general public would be in favor of retiring the name and logo. If for no other reason than this was supposed to be settled, but the tards from your state won't let this die.

The NCAA gave UND a chance to get the approval from the tribes by a specific date. They didn't. That should have been the end of it. But the Sioux supporters (notice I didn't say UND supporters) can't let it go. After the university agreed to retire the nickname, the Sioux morons started a petition and now want to legally challenege the decision. The NCAA is not going to let UND win on this. They will get their way. They always do. And the Sioux fanatics are just cutting off their nose to spite their face.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

More accurately they are cutting off UND's nose to spite Sioux's face. Of course in five years when no one wants to date Sioux, they'll be saying how ugly Sioux is.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Oh, Brad...

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                          Forgot the part regarding actual and punative damages in a huge class action discrimination lawsuit against the NCAA.
                          What discrimination?
                          UND has no case there.
                          This whole petition won't matter, the council holding out will never let this be voted on and that was the NCAA requirement.
                          I don't see how UND or Sioux supporters could ever win this.
                          At this point I'm waiting for the Big Sky to say eff it and walk away from letting UND in.
                          Good luck getting a league after that.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Frankly, I don't see how insisting that your favorite sports team be able to retain a name qualifies as "standing for what you believe in." The phrase "standing up for what you believe in" is something I would reserve for situations in which someone is willing to suffer some kind of significant detriment for the benefit of others. Certainly many people will see this name issue as a matter of principle, but most just want to keep a name they like--nothing more.

I think the NCAA blew it, and it would have been nice to keep the name, but change the dam name and move on. The University of North Dakota has far more important things to tend to than this.

Comment

Bwaahaaahaaahaaahaaa......

Riiiiiight.

Comment

I am so glad that this crazy out of control political correctness is being fought. The logo is honoring and I hope the law suit against the NCAA gives the tribe a huge cash pay out as well as a big "I am sorry for being so stupid to ND". In the meanwhile this vote will take up some time until the civil law suit is won.
                                Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X