Ohio State @ Minnesota-Duluth 2/3 - 2/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ Minnesota-Duluth 2/3 - 2/4

This is a big series for both teams, arguably bigger for Ohio State based on the two teams remaining schedules. It may not be enough for Ohio State to just split this weekend. The Buckeyes and Bulldogs split earlier this season in Columbus. After this weekend, the Bulldogs will travel to Bemidji, then host Minnesota State. Ohio State's remaining schedule is home against Minnesota, then a road trip to Wisconsin.

Re: Ohio State @ Minnesota-Duluth 2/3 - 2/4

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    This is a big series for both teams, arguably bigger for Ohio State based on the two teams remaining schedules.
    That's true in terms of 4th place in the WCHA, but UMD has bigger fish to fry as well, in that they are still alive for an at-large NCAA bid. I suppose that OSU is mathematically still in the at-large picture, but they have some serious RPI ground to make up.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      That's true in terms of 4th place in the WCHA, but UMD has bigger fish to fry as well, in that they are still alive for an at-large NCAA bid. I suppose that OSU is mathematically still in the at-large picture, but they have some serious RPI ground to make up.
      Honestly ARM, I was just thinking about that 4th place spot in the WCHA and home ice in the first round. I'm not even thinking about the NCAA tournament. I just want to see us climb that hurdle in front of us. Maybe in a few years when Coach Handrahan has had a chance to get three or four classes in here like the freshmen we have this year, then my expectations will probably be different. Then I will be watching the RPI more closely. Thanks for the response. I enjoy discussing womens college hockey with knowledgeable posters like yourself. Hope you are able to make it down to Columbus in a couple weekends.

Comment

Honestly ARM, I was just thinking about that 4th place spot in the WCHA and home ice in the first round. I'm not even thinking about the NCAA tournament.
        I can definitely see that from the OSU perspective. I know for a fact that UMD is looking beyond the conference race, and that makes sense, given they've qualified for every eight-team NCAA field to date.

Maybe in a few years when Coach Handrahan has had a chance to get three or four classes in here like the freshmen we have this year, then my expectations will probably be different.
        I never thought that Coach Barto's problem was recruiting. Your senior class speaks to that. I'd imagine that this season's frosh are her recruits as well.

Hope you are able to make it down to Columbus in a couple weekends.
        I wish I could, but a flight to Columbus isn't in the cards right now. Mrs. ARM goes there on business from time to time, she's even been to the Horseshoe, but Ohio is still on my list of states I've never experienced. I talked to a few Gopher fans that are planning to make the trip, mostly parents, one or two others as well. Say "hi" if you get the chance -- none of them will call you "Osama".

Comment

Honestly ARM, I was just thinking about that 4th place spot in the WCHA and home ice in the first round. I'm not even thinking about the NCAA tournament.
          I've no doubt UMD is thinking of their NCAA chances and will be highly motivated...or put another way, what ARM said. I shouldn't have to mention, but I will anyway, no one would hope to see OSU prepared, equally motivated and ultimately having success in Duluth, more than me...well, except maybe you and pgb, but I'm close I assure you. The Buckeyes can do themselves a lot good per the WCHA race, and go a long way towards answering the question regarding the UMD / NCAA tournament if they get the job done this weekend. It will be quite challenging, no question. Good luck, GO BUCKEYES!

Word of caution, be prepared for tampering with officials.
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
            I've no doubt UMD is thinking of their NCAA chances and will be highly motivated...or put another way, what ARM said. I shouldn't have to mention, but I will anyway, no one would hope to see OSU prepared, equally motivated and ultimately having success in Duluth, more than me...well, except maybe you and pgb, but I'm close I assure you. The Buckeyes can do themselves a lot good per the WCHA race, and go a long way towards answering the question regarding the UMD / NCAA tournament if they get the job done this weekend. It will be quite challenging, no question. Good luck, GO BUCKEYES!

Word of caution, be prepared for tampering with officials.
            Geez Brokey for someone that claims to be interested in women...you sure slam this one a lot. Why is that?

Factoid: Shannon Miller reached her 300th win faster than any other woman's NCAA Div 1 head coach in history on November 20, 2010...defeating Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
              Geez Brokey for someone that claims to be interested in women...you sure slam this one a lot. Why is that?

Factoid: Shannon Miller reached her 300th win faster than any other woman's NCAA Div 1 head coach in history on November 20, 2010...defeating Ohio State.
              Hey...thanks a million for the unsolicited "factoid." Give a rats rear not. You can count on me to continue to slam Miller. Don't like her and in case you haven't noticed, myself, or any man interested in women wouldn't really apply to Shannon Miller now would it?

You back to stalking my every post now because of yesterday?
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                I never thought that Coach Barto's problem was recruiting. Your senior class speaks to that. I'd imagine that this season's frosh are her recruits as well.
                I agree with you there. I think what I said about Coach Handrahan bringing recruiting classes in probably could have been worded better. I just meant that coaches will recruit players who fit their style/gameplans, etc..

Comment

I just meant that coaches will recruit players who fit their style/gameplans, etc..
                  Agreed.

Comment

Miller's accomplishments speak for themselves. She will definitely have the Bulldogs ready to go this weekend. I would love to see us get four or more points up there, but I think I may have to be content with a split, and that won't be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      Hey...thanks a million for the unsolicited "factoid." Give a rats rear not. You can count on me to continue to slam Miller. Don't like her and in case you haven't noticed, myself, or any man interested in women wouldn't really apply to Shannon Miller now would it?

You back to stalking my every post now because of yesterday?
                      What do you mean by that?

Brokey...there was no yesterday. You and your posse cleaned that slate up pretty quick. Not quick enough though..

Comment

What do you mean by that?
                        Oh nothing at all. What do you mean what do I mean?

I think the administration did the right thing with the RIT thread. Complain to them if you're unhappy with that. Or just make ridiculous infantile implications and faux indictments as is always your habit.

You going to wreck another thread now with your childish bitterness?
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Miller's accomplishments speak for themselves. She will definitely have the Bulldogs ready to go this weekend. I would love to see us get four or more points up there, but I think I may have to be content with a split, and that won't be easy.
                          We don't care much for people that slam her as she's a legend in and around the Calgary area and has been credited for forming the first ever girls minor hockey association in Calgary in 1989. Done a lot for the woman's game in Western Canada.

Good Luck to both teams on the w'kend..should be a good series.

Comment

We don't care much for people that slam her as she's a legend in and around the Calgary area and has been credited for forming the first ever girls minor hockey association in Calgary in 1989. Done a lot for the woman's game in Western Canada.

Good Luck to both teams on the w'kend..should be a good series.
                            Agreed. Shannon Miller is obviously a fabulous coach and UMD is one of the top women's hockey programs in the country. Hey, congrats on Elmira's season! They are having a great season and appear to be a serious contender to challenge for the division III national title!

Comment

There is a difference between a good coach and a good person. We don't like shannon, the person.

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Regular Season Champions:
                              WCHA Playoff Champions:
                              NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
                              NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

Working...
                              X