Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Lawrence & Clarkson @ RPI & Union (1/27, 1/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence & Clarkson @ RPI & Union (1/27, 1/28)

The last 2-3 weeks, Karpowich has not been nearly as good for Clarkson as he was early in the year. Even with the well-documented scoring issues RPI has had all year, I expect them to be able to get a couple goals; it really depends on whether Clarkson can score enough. If they can play the way they did against SLU, I think they can. And, since we have had several bad games at Union, I think our best chance (maybe our only chance) for points is Saturday.
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
      The last 2-3 weeks, Karpowich has not been nearly as good for Clarkson as he was early in the year. Even with the well-documented scoring issues RPI has had all year, I expect them to be able to get a couple goals; it really depends on whether Clarkson can score enough. If they can play the way they did against SLU, I think they can. And, since we have had several bad games at Union, I think our best chance (maybe our only chance) for points is Saturday.
      i am pretty sure none of us who follow RPI are convinced that we can score more than 2 goals against anyone. Our best hope is to keep these games totally defensive and try to eke out a 2-1 or 1-0 win. We only allowed one late goal for the entire past weekend and had our most successful 2 games all season.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        Yup. Expect to see a lot of two-band games in the next couple of weeks. We're pretty sure Cornell is coming on the 3rd and Colgate has already told us that they will be attending Freakout!
        Will they be able to find seats for the Colgate band at the Freakout?
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Will they be able to find seats for the Colgate band at the Freakout?
          They told us a week or so ago that they were coming, so I assume they bought tickets then.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

They told us a week or so ago that they were coming, so I assume they bought tickets then.
            I believe a school is required to set aside 25 tickets for the visiting school's band to attend. After that, standard privileges for private establishments (including the right to refuse service) apply.

This is only what I've heard from past band managers; rulebook citation pending.
            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-25-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Yup. Expect to see a lot of two-band games in the next couple of weeks. We're pretty sure Cornell is coming on the 3rd and Colgate has already told us that they will be attending Freakout!
              I'll bet Rensselaer's Pep Band alumni will outnumber any of their band alumni by a wide margin!
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

It appears that the Clarkson-RPI game is on Time Warner, in the Binghamton region - surprised (and happily so) thay aren't @ Colgate that night
                Clarkson 1990

Comment

Both games are on TWS in the Binghamton area - Union and RPI. I'm planning on watching both. Also - just noticed you are from Owego - I grew up just down the road in NV, maybe I know you.

Comment

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
                    Both games are on TWS in the Binghamton area - Union and RPI. I'm planning on watching both. Also - just noticed you are from Owego - I grew up just down the road in NV, maybe I know you.
                    The TWCS guide showed an AHL game Friday night - I'll have to check again tonight.

I've only lived in Owego since '04 - was originally from Norwood (6 miles from Clarkson), moved to the tier in '95 and lived near Ithaca until '04.
                    Clarkson 1990

Comment

My TWCS market has Crunch/Amerks on Friday, and CCT/RPI on Saturday (very surprisingly not Colgate/Cornell).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        My TWCS market has Crunch/Amerks on Friday, and CCT/RPI on Saturday (very surprisingly not Colgate/Cornell).
                        I am looking forward to the Rensselaer School engaging the Thomas S. Clarkson Memorial School of Technology in on-ice fisticuffs.

(Note: Referring to things by their old names does not make you cool)
                        RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
                        UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post
                          I am looking forward to the Rensselaer School engaging the Thomas S. Clarkson Memorial School of Technology in on-ice fisticuffs.

(Note: Referring to things by their old names does not make you cool)
                          Speak for yourself.

Comment

Speak for yourself.
                            I can verify that what Timmah! said was true.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              I can verify that what Timmah! said was true.
                              And I can verify you can't sneeze with your eyes open.

In speaking of sneezing, any health reports out for the team?

Comment

And I can verify you can't sneeze with your eyes open.

In speaking of sneezing, any health reports out for the team?
                                I am not so sure-I wonder if you can sneeze with eyes open if you unfortunately suffer from proptosis.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X