No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (1/20, 1/21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (1/20, 1/21)

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Don't apologize, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you for actually showing some evidence and logic for once.
    I was going to read the rest of what you wrote, but I don't need to put up with this crap. Try again if you want a real conversation.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      This is really creepy.
      What can I say, your confrontational nature left quite the impression.

Comment

Originally posted by KFBS View Post
        What can I say, your confrontational nature left quite the impression.
        Wow, another internet hero.

Keep repeating that, maybe it'll come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
          BTW, it appears that a "Harry Z" tag will be given to players who play in his mold which I would decribe as intense and many times out of control. Whether you like him or not, he will be remembered for a long time.
          It'll help that he's playing in the NHL fresh out of college. Blew my mind a little to watch him skate out on the ice for the Winter Classic, after seeing him sitting in our penalty box at the HFH less than a year ago!

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
            It'll help that he's playing in the NHL fresh out of college. Blew my mind a little to watch him skate out on the ice for the Winter Classic, after seeing him sitting in our penalty box at the HFH less than a year ago!
            We were at one Philly home game so far this year-much as I hated to say it-Harry Z looked very good on the ice and seemed to fit in extremely well for a rookie.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              We were at one Philly home game so far this year-much as I hated to say it-Harry Z looked very good on the ice and seemed to fit in extremely well for a rookie.
              Kind of knew he was bound for the show. Every team needs that annoying asshat and he did it better than most the league has ever seen. And he signed with the right team, too.

Comment

Kind of knew he was bound for the show. Every team needs that annoying asshat and he did it better than most the league has ever seen. And he signed with the right team, too.
                I don't know that Harry has been the antagonist in the pros that he was last year for Bruno. He has 28 penalty minutes through 31 games played (and is a -11). That said, he has looked decent, certainly that he belongs skating in the NHL. One would have to argue that his staying four years and developing under Brendan Whittet (not that he was ever a risk for leaving early) is a major contributor. Honestly, there aren't many folks who would have thought him to be an NHL regular after two years as a Bear. He reminds a bit of a Tanner Glass - a guy that was consistent in college, though not a 20-goal guy, who evolves into a steady NHL presence.

To get back to this weekend, and having not seen either team: what has been RPI's major issue with scoring this year? Has it been poor shot selection, overall poor play, or just a regular streak of unluckiness? Brown had a stretch in 2006 when they were struggling to score against just about everybody, and the playoffs weren't any different. One solace RPI fans can take is that if this rate keeps up, the #12 seeds have been solid if not spectacular in the playoffs the past couple of years.

As for Union, I would have said that was a game the Bears could have afforded to tie or lose - but then a 1-point weekend against Princeton and Quinnipiac at home rolled along. Thus, if Brown wants any chance of playing a home series in March, they need at least two, if not three, this time around.

Comment

I was going to read the rest of what you wrote, but I don't need to put up with this crap. Try again if you want a real conversation.
                  You're kidding, right? That was the first time I've ever seen you even attempt rational conversation on this board. But whatever, suit yourself. Keep up the belittling of everyone else, it's so refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                    You're kidding, right? That was the first time I've ever seen you even attempt rational conversation on this board.
                    Well, you obviously don't look very hard, then. Or you see what you want to see.

I have rational conversations with those who show interest in having rational conversations by showing rational thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoFan00 View Post
                      To get back to this weekend, and having not seen either team: what has been RPI's major issue with scoring this year? Has it been poor shot selection, overall poor play, or just a regular streak of unluckiness? Brown had a stretch in 2006 when they were struggling to score against just about everybody, and the playoffs weren't any different. One solace RPI fans can take is that if this rate keeps up, the #12 seeds have been solid if not spectacular in the playoffs the past couple of years.
                      We started the season with an unlucky streak-couldn't buy a goal, and it seemed none of the bounces went our way. It didn't help that several of our scorers were injured and missed quite a few games. Once we got guys back, they began to click and the scoring started to pick up, but then the defense became shaky. We haven't had a lot of chemistry develop this year, and while we look good on paper, all the talent in the world doesn't help if you have five individuals skating around out there, not playing as a team. We seem to be having communication issues on the ice.

Comment

My thought too. The Flyers historically have a very low standard of civility.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoFan00 View Post
                          To get back to this weekend, and having not seen either team: what has been RPI's major issue with scoring this year? Has it been poor shot selection, overall poor play, or just a regular streak of unluckiness?
                          Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            My thought too. The Flyers historically have a very low standard of civility.
                            They actually HAVE a standard?!

Obviously a whole bunch of NHL regulars getting thrown on the IR hasn't hurt the matters of the top AHL players.

Comment

Allain gets slapped. Classy. http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...-coach-allain/

Comment

As a long time Ranger fan-you sure got that right. He fits the Philly mold to a tee.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X