You Guys Again?: UAA @ Michigan Tech, Jan. 13/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You Guys Again?: UAA @ Michigan Tech, Jan. 13/14

Sound like UAA is going the way of Tech 2010/11 with the midseason departures and whatnot. While that sucks for them, I'm in favor of anything that helps Tech's chances for a sweep this weekend. #homeice

edit: the headline is apparently misleading, as the quotes indicate he didn't drop out of school, but did leave the hockey team.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Tech needs to help themselves if they want to sweep series, even at home.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        Sound like UAA is going the way of Tech 2010/11 with the midseason departures and whatnot. While that sucks for them, I'm in favor of anything that helps Tech's chances for a sweep this weekend. #homeice

edit: the headline is apparently misleading, as the quotes indicate he didn't drop out of school, but did leave the hockey team.
        Wow. What's going on up in Alaska? Hill hasn't made a clandestine return to Anchorage has he?

Comment

Tonight's lineup for Tech:
          Olson/Furne/B. Pietila
          Baker/Kero/Gordic
          Johnstone/MacLeod/Johnstone
          Reddick/Rix/C. Pietila

Seigo/Sweeney
          Nielsen/Stebner
          Sova/Fillion
          Robinson

I like: getting Furne on the top line with Olson, he's been one of their best players lately; and getting Kero together with Gordic for good playmaking and hopefully some production. I'd like to see D. Johnstone play with those two as well rather than Baker.
          Hopefully Reddick proves he belongs in this lineup.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I miss up north hockey's insight. where are you sir?
            IMHO Tech will be hungry for the wins and I like the line up changes. I think Tech is a better team than last month and it will show up on the scoreboard at last. Tech sweeps in two close games.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              Tonight's lineup for Tech:
              Olson/Furne/B. Pietila
              Baker/Kero/Gordic
              Johnstone/MacLeod/Johnstone
              Reddick/Rix/C. Pietila

Seigo/Sweeney
              Nielsen/Stebner
              Sova/Fillion
              Robinson

I like: getting Furne on the top line with Olson, he's been one of their best players lately; and getting Kero together with Gordic for good playmaking and hopefully some production. I'd like to see D. Johnstone play with those two as well rather than Baker.
              Hopefully Reddick proves he belongs in this lineup.
              Interesting that Fillion gets the start in his first game eligible.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

UAA's lines tonight ...

Scott Allen-Daniel Naslund-Alex Gellert
                Curtis Leinweber-Eric Scheid-Brett Cameron
                Mitch Bruijsten-Matt Bailey-Sam Mellor
                Jade Portwood-Kory Roy-Andrew Pettitt

Derek Docken-Brad Gorham
                Scott Warner-Austin Coldwell
                Quinn Sproule-Tyler Currier

Chris Kamal
                Dusan Sidor

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                  UAA's lines tonight ...

Scott Allen-Daniel Naslund-Alex Gellert
                  Curtis Leinweber-Eric Scheid-Brett Cameron
                  Mitch Bruijsten-Matt Bailey-Sam Mellor
                  Jade Portwood-Kory Roy-Andrew Pettitt

Derek Docken-Brad Gorham
                  Scott Warner-Austin Coldwell
                  Quinn Sproule-Tyler Currier

Chris Kamal
                  Dusan Sidor
                  DD, do you know how Crowell is doing or if he made the trip? i heard he hurt his shoulder in the last CC game.
                  Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                    DD, do you know how Crowell is doing or if he made the trip? i heard he hurt his shoulder in the last CC game.
                    Who didn't get hurt in the CC series?

I think the long break will make the players hungry to play and win. I like the lines and am glad most of our injured players are back!
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'll pick Tech to sweep the series. Although one of the USCHO columnists picked a split, I think Mel has the guys fired up and they're in a good place. I think the game in Calumet was a great idea, not only to rekindle local interest in Tech hockey, but it gave the guys a chance to have some fun playing the game and to get back in the groove. The Huskies do have a bad habit of splitting series when they're expected to sweep, but UAA is facing some real obstacles this weekend and are not in a very good place compared to Tech. I am also eager to see how Fillion looks. He put up decent numbers for a D in the BCHL, but the time off isn't always a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                        I sure don't know. I don't remember seeing him listed as injured anywhere but it's sure possible he was dinged. If he isn't hurt I'd imagine he's on the trip as a reserve. His off-ice leadership is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          Who didn't get hurt in the CC series?

I think the long break will make the players hungry to play and win. I like the lines and am glad most of our injured players are back!
                          I like the lineup. Tyler Currier on the blueline is a big positive as far as i'm concerned. He is way more impactful from there offensively and really really responsible defensively. And he likes to hit.

To anyone that thinks Mickey Spencer's departure is a big offensive loss ... you should consider that 4 of his 7 goals came on opening weekend and included a hat trick on one of those nights. No slight to Mickey but the team won't skip a beat without him in the lineup.

I'm hoping that well see some breakout-type second half from at least one of the freshman forwards. They all seem very capable of scoring more than they have. It should be time for Brett Cameron to find his scoring touch ... he has a great wrister so here's hoping he finds himself in good spaces to use it ... with Leiny on the opposite wing and Scheid's playmaking skills that line should put up some numbers.

I'd expect Andrew Pettitt to play pretty spirited this weekend. With the number of games he's played I'd think he's still finding his college legs but he's got to be happy to be playing. Maybe he'll pop one in? Naslund and Bruijsten are likely power play scorers this weekend. Their size and strength should help them in front.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                            To anyone that thinks Mickey Spencer's departure is a big offensive loss ... you should consider that 4 of his 7 goals came on opening weekend and included a hat trick on one of those nights. No slight to Mickey but the team won't skip a beat without him in the lineup.
                            Agreed.
                            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                              Although one of the USCHO columnists picked a split
                              I can't find any WCHA picks for this week. However, I did enjoy how basically every team except Tech got at least a mention in the weekly column. We love you too, Buckentine.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I can't find any WCHA picks for this week. However, I did enjoy how basically every team except Tech got at least a mention in the weekly column. We love you too, Buckentine.
                                http://www.uscho.com/wcha-blog/2012/...cks-jan-13-14/
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X