Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Could you elaborate on Crookston for those of us with East Coast bias, please? We are not in on the joke.

Near as I can tell from context, it's a sort of Minnesota Schenectady.

(I would have put this in the drunken Minny thread, but it appears to have disappeared via the Ghost of Priceless.)
    The University of Minnesota-Crookston is universally terrible at every sport they have. And by terrible I mean I can not name a UMC team in any sport in any year that has approached .500 much less been playoff worthy. When I was a student at UND and we played UMC in football, we'd bring out the keys for the opening kickoff and then we'd score 35 points in the first quarter. UMC's baseball went 0-39 in 2011. They also went winless another year. Baseball, fer christsakes. It takes an incredible lack of talent for a baseball team to not win a game for an entire season. Crookston has managed to do it at least twice in the last 10 years. The 2010 volleyball team went 0-28 winning seven sets all season.This field blunder is just the latest embarrassment for that crap athletic department.
    Last edited by Dirty; 09-27-2012, 10:30 AM.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Does anyone know what caused him to up and delete everything?
      He's alive and still posting under another name. Why Priceless went out of business, you got me.

Edit: Just took a 2nd look @ the Crookston photo -- why is the logo @ the 45 yard line?
      Last edited by joecct; 09-27-2012, 01:06 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        The University of Minnesota-Crookston is universally terrible at every sport they have. And by terrible I mean I can not name a UMC team in any sport in any year that has approached .500 much less been playoff worthy. When I was a student at UND and we played UMC in football, we'd bring out the keys for the opening kickoff and then we'd score 35 points in the first quarter. UMC's baseball went 0-39 in 2011. They also went winless another year. Baseball, fer christsakes. It takes an incredible lack of talent for a baseball team to not win a game for an entire season. Crookston has managed to do it at least twice in the last 10 years. The 2010 volleyball team went 0-28 winning seven sets all season.This field blunder is just the latest embarrassment for that crap athletic department.
        Not to mention the total Slapshot reactment they pulled at Adrian when they announced that because they were losing their conference spot in a D3 league, they were dropping the program. Hell I know Adrian was behind them getting booted, but hell, they where the D2 school dinking around in a D3 league.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          Not to mention the total Slapshot reactment they pulled at Adrian when they announced that because they were losing their conference spot in a D3 league, they were dropping the program. Hell I know Adrian was behind them getting booted, but hell, they where the D2 school dinking around in a D3 league.
          They could join the (new) WCHA???
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            He's alive and still posting under another name. Why Priceless went out of business, you got me.

Edit: Just took a 2nd look @ the Crookston photo -- why is the logo @ the 45 yard line?
            A little slow there, Joe. Apparently the answer is: because it's Crookston.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              They could join the (new) WCHA???
              Then they could match the baseball team's record!!!

Comment

Drunk, Stupid, and Running into cop cars is no way to .. well you know the rest
                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Third place ain't too bad.

Look who's number 1!

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...a4bcf887a.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Look who's number 1!

And from a link at the bottom of the page...

People in Madison are idiots
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Look who's number 1!

Ok, new rule, you can't be a state without at least 125 official bars.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

ugh. TBS has a new "reality" show called "Cheeseheads". Please let it die quickly.
                        Last edited by jen; 05-15-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                          ugh. TBS has a new "reality" show called "Cheeseheads". Please let it die quickly.
                          Don't worry, I'm sure the show will do for Packer fans as Jersey Shore did for.....oh, wait.

And, yes, I just tweeted it to Barreiro.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            So I get to listen to Dairlyland Diaries on the way home!?!?!?! YES!
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Look who's number 1!

Bubba voice: They got corner bars, lonetree bars, bowlin alley bars, hockey bars, lawnmower bars, elevator bars, handshake bars, waterbottle bars, underage American bars, overage Canadian bars, stripper bars, Nazi bars . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Don't worry, I'm sure the show will do for Packer fans as Jersey Shore did for.....oh, wait.

I still say take the Jersey Shore cast, move 'em to Superior. I'd so watch that.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X