Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toyota UConn Holiday Classic (UConn, RPI, UML, Army) 12/29-30

UConn wins Thursday's nightcap, 2-0.

It'll be RPI vs. Army in the consolation and UML vs. UConn in the championship on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      UConn wins Thursday's nightcap, 2-0.

It'll be RPI vs. Army in the consolation and UML vs. UConn in the championship on Friday.
      Lowell gets their chance at a rematch...
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Lowell gets their chance at a rematch...
        Pretty happy with that.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Attendance was 1587 tonight. Not too bad.

UConn played as if practicing for UML sending only one on the forecheck most of the game. It was way closer than it should have been.

Edit: Attendance was not too bad considering the women were playing next door at Gampel at the same time.

One other note: that SHG by David Vallorani was a thing of absolute beauty. You can't teach that kind of thing. You are either born with it or you are not.
          Last edited by RSTuthill; 12-30-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Not sure how early I can make it to the game... does anybody anticipate this being sold out?

Comment

Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
              Not sure how early I can make it to the game... does anybody anticipate this being sold out?
              I'd say 'no'
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                I'd say 'no'
                The house might be "fairly full" but you will get a seat. It might have to be a reserved seat at a whopping $6, but you will get in.

Still shaking my head about that Vallorani goal. The guy is a wizard with the puck in that situation.
                Last edited by RSTuthill; 12-30-2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Wow. A heartbreaker. 3-4 in OT. Somehow there ought to be a rubber match, don't you think? Each team won in OT in the other guy's barn.

Personally, although the Huskies are not satisfied with this result, if they go forward and win the games they should win for the remainder of the season, I'll be satisfied as a fan. If they want to contend in the AHA, they will have to play every game as well as they played the two against Lowell this year. Time to take it to the next step with discipline and determination.

Comment

According to the tournament program, the upcoming UConn Classic games are:

MSU - Mankato vs. Brown
                    AIC vs. UConn

Umass Amherst vs. Quinnipiac
                    Sacred Heart vs. UConn

Comment

Good tournament to win for Lowell. Great response in OT, thanks to some mental mistakes by UConn taking penalties they shouldn't have.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        According to the tournament program, the upcoming UConn Classic games are:

MSU - Mankato vs. Brown
                        AIC vs. UConn

Umass Amherst vs. Quinnipiac
                        Sacred Heart vs. UConn
                        Someone inform Dirty about next year's tournament. Maybe he'll be lucky enough to get his AIC jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Someone inform Dirty about next year's tournament. Maybe he'll be lucky enough to get his AIC jersey.
                          I will re-iterate that I've been asking for one for longer
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

... because Dirty is, for some reason, going to be at a tiny tournament in a tiny rink over a thousand miles from where he lives that doesn't include a team he cares about next season?

Help me out with the rationale on this one.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              ... because Dirty is, for some reason, going to be at a tiny tournament in a tiny rink over a thousand miles from where he lives that doesn't include a team he cares about next season?

Help me out with the rationale on this one.
                              I don't think even Dirty could explain Dirty's rationale.

Comment

I don't think even Dirty could explain Dirty's rationale.
                                I know his rationale. I'm trying to understand what AIC being in this tournament next year has to do with his promised jersey.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X