Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toyota UConn Holiday Classic (UConn, RPI, UML, Army) 12/29-30

Originally posted by Jim View Post
    I'll be there for the first night. Gotta go out of town for the weekend on Saturday.
    I'll be there for the second night only unfortunately, so hopefully it's a Championship game for Lowell.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      I'll be there for the second night only unfortunately, so hopefully it's a Championship game for Lowell.
      Spending the night in eastern Connecticut doesn't excite you
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I'll be there for just the Friday game too.

Odd question.. I started a puck collection from each college rink I've been to a few years back. All done with Hockey East now and am slowly starting to work my way through Atlantic Hockey.

Patman (or anyone associated with UConn..), do you know if UConn has a souvenir store in the rink? Maybe I'd be better off going through the bookstore?

Thanks!
        UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post

Odd question.. I started a puck collection from each college rink I've been to a few years back. All done with Hockey East now and am slowly starting to work my way through Atlantic Hockey.

Patman (or anyone associated with UConn..), do you know if UConn has a souvenir store in the rink? Maybe I'd be better off going through the bookstore?

Thanks!
          both options are usually pretty bad... UConn tends not to have a souvenir shop (Dobbs, true, right?) and the bookstore has limited amount of anything related to hockey. I'd just duck down into the far end of the GA section and wait for the inevitable... or possibly behind the far net and hope that one pops out on the other side of the glass

Interesting though... I have a UConn game puck but not a Lowell one... again, speaking to the ease of snaring a puck at the respective venues.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post

Thanks!
            I have a similar collection that includes a UConn puck, which IIRC, I purchased at the university bookstore around five years ago. Not sure if they still sell them but I would start there.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              both options are usually pretty bad... UConn tends not to have a souvenir shop (Dobbs, true, right?) and the bookstore has limited amount of anything related to hockey. I'd just duck down into the far end of the GA section and wait for the inevitable... or possibly behind the far net and hope that one pops out on the other side of the glass

Interesting though... I have a UConn game puck but not a Lowell one... again, speaking to the ease of snaring a puck at the respective venues.
              The pro shop's been gone for a good number of years, but I don't recall them ever having souvy pucks. I wanna say I've found one at the Co-op while I was undergrad, but I can't say for certain since I haven't been in the bookstore in a while.
              UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

So $2 for a ticket ... this will be the cheapest sporting event I've ever been to.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

So $2 for a ticket ... this will be the cheapest sporting event I've ever been to.
                  RPI student tickets were $.25 when I started.

Edit: I think that all RPI sports except hockey and football are still free.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-23-2011, 09:25 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    RPI student tickets were $.25 when I started.

Edit: I think that all RPI sports except hockey and football are still free.
                    OK, I should have said cheapest since I was a student.

Ralph, will you be there?
                    Monty

Comment

I've paid exactly $0 for a UConn hockey game.

Granted it was the emergency reschedule of last year's home game with Army that had to be moved to the XL Center on a moment's notice because they were worried about the Frietas roof collapsing with the weight of the snow.
                      UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

pulling student rate

edit: I can't even begin to say how annoyed I am about not being there

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

UConn has a promotional rate for GA tickets. They passed the info on to Scott Donnelly who passed it on to me since I had asked him about tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                            UConn has a promotional rate for GA tickets. They passed the info on to Scott Donnelly who passed it on to me since I had asked him about tickets.
                            Wow... Why bother

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Who wants to play Pick to Click? That's right! You do!

Choose one player from each team that you think will score gonzo-loads of points and win prizes and fame!

Disclaimer: Prizes and fame not guaranteed. Other restrictions may apply.

Here's a link to the thread and a link to one of the recent posts that has the scoring clarification and the list of ineligible players.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Try $1 per ticket - the $2 promo rate is for BOTH games on a given day ($4 will cover you for the whole tourney). The seating is pretty bad - it's all bleachers and I don't think any are above the top of the glass. The place is on-par with a public rental rink and makes It's a Messa rink look palatial - I stopped by today for public skate to get a look (never been there before).

And if that didn't excite you, it turns out Rene Rancourt is going to be there Thursday to sing the anthem for the 7:00 game.

In case anyone wants the link:
                                https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...DAT=&caller=PR
                                enter HOCKEY in the box for the promo rate

Comment

Working...
                                X