Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercyhurst @ BC 12/9 & 12/10: NCAA Quarterfinal Preview?? ( or...USA vs. Canada?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercyhurst @ BC 12/9 & 12/10: NCAA Quarterfinal Preview?? ( or...USA vs. Canada?)

Okay, here's my summation and I'll be as objective as I can possibly be:

Forwards - edge to Merchurst, a bit more in the way of speed and finesse. The Manitoba B's should be able to create some offense and get some good looks.

Defense - edge to Boston College, experience and size favor the maroon and gold

Goaltending - dead heat, I've seen both goalies play well, I've seen both goalies collapse miserably. If both come with their A games, this game might very well be won on an odd bounce.

Floor is open, other thoughts??
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: Mercyhurst @ BC 12/9 & 12/10: NCAA Quarterfinal Preview?? ( or...USA vs. Canada

I'm excited for Saturday......Paton in the house
    Edge...Mercyhurst

(But GO HOCKEY EAST!!)
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Re: Mercyhurst @ BC 12/9 & 12/10: NCAA Quarterfinal Preview?? ( or...USA vs. Canada

Oh man, IceIsNice, I be you're pumped for this series haha.

Eagles sweep.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Will we be treated to live performances of the Eagle's fight song?

Always a treat, even if you ARE the opposition this weekend!
        Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
          Will we be treated to live performances of the Eagle's fight song?
          I believe BC will actually have a pep band for the Friday game, which is always nice.

Comment

Forwards - edge to Merchurst, a bit more in the way of speed and finesse.
            I'd give the Lakers a slight edge up front, but not in speed. BC has a lot of fast forwards, so the speed should offset.

Goaltending - dead heat, I've seen both goalies play well, I've seen both goalies collapse miserably.
            Have to give MC an edge in goal, because Pattenden has played in a lot more big games and games in general in her college career.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post

Have to give MC an edge in goal, because Pattenden has played in a lot more big games and games in general in her college career.
              Nah, Miss Boyles has a World Championship gold medal...thus the edge!

Comment

A spirited pre-series debate on this subject will be held at Roggie's on Chestnut Hill Rd. commencing around 5ish this evening if anyone is interested.

Comment

A spirited pre-series debate on this subject will be held at Roggie's on Chestnut Hill Rd. commencing around 5ish this evening if anyone is interested.
                  I wish. Work until 4:30pm in CT. Really would love to have been able to get up there

Also, in case anyone is interested, the slogan for this game will be "Truck The Hurst." "****can The Gophers" worked pretty well in March.

Comment

Hux and I will join you before heading off to the other side of the river.
                    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

If nobody else is going to say it...I'll say it.

Go Canada Go!

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                        If nobody else is going to say it...I'll say it.

Go Canada Go!
                        Where do ya want it to go

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                          Where do ya want it to go
                          Well to where we are accustomed of course...top of the hockey heap.

Comment

With BC's refusal to take any Canadian's, I must, on that premise.................................call a split. Hoping for a Mercy sweep though.

Comment

Didn't realize tomorrow's game is at 2. Maybe I'll try to show up, should be a good matchup.

Comment

Working...
                              X