Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

*insert Jaws theme here*
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

I like it.
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Well glad to hear the team has special baggage arrangements. When I walked into the O'Hare terminal at 5 20 this morning CST, there were three lines for security, each over 300 ft long.
      The chances are everything went fine, however what happens is that the baggage system is set up for the average day and with the overflow of bags, the system gets overwhelmed. Plus they do not hire extra help and so the guys doing it fall behind a little more every hour thru the day. The lost bag rate on these high use days I believe is significantly over the rate on an average day. It helps not to make a connection however.
      I also notice the forecast for 8- 12 inches of snow for watertown, ny today.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Nice to see Ben hitting his stride....he's the best player to come out of Calumet since Gordie Frantti and I was starting to worry about his chances in the major juniors.
        Try Mike Usitalo.

He's only 20 something games in and they've been happy with his defensive play; little early to start worrying about his chances when they likely have plans for him to be there three years.

And once you're on Calumet, you probably heard Erkilla is back from Marquette and is playing for CHS this year. Also likely Tech will be watching both Storm (switching back to forward this year) and Jacques this year as Pearson noticed both in the finals last year; Jacques apparently already has an offer of some sort from NMU- his dad has a suite at MTU (Center Ice S & S).
        Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 11-23-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Tech fans! It's been a fun year so far!

Edit: And for anyone that missed it there's a 4 min video on the Michigan Tech Hockey facebook, posted on Tuesday, showing the team traveling to Alaska and some of their activities before the games.
          Last edited by mtu_huskies; 11-24-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Some good tweets by Stephen Anderson this morning:

Nielson is on trip to St. Lawrence, Heinonen heads home

Nielson may not play til Saturday

Forwardl lines likely same as Saturday

A. Pietila and T. Gubb on the trip, allowed to bring 24 on a non-conference tirp during a break

Robinson in net Friday, he's emerging as number 1

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Tech fans!!
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Is this seat taken??
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Shirtless, another good linkorama on Tech Hockey Guide.

One correction, the Mel Pearson show is on Mondays and your link is to the Nov 21 show (I see someone made the same mistake in the media player with the date) and it's 8:45ET each week.

Comment

While the Darkness is not in anyway overlooking the fine players at St. Lawrence, The Darkness is ready for tUMD.
                    Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                    *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                      While the Darkness is not in anyway overlooking the fine players at St. Lawrence, The Darkness is ready for tUMD.
                      The Monster thought that everybody had agreed that it was too early yet to start UMD-MTU week yet??
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        The Monster thought that everybody had agreed that it was too early yet to start UMD-MTU week yet??
                        The Darkness does not care what others think. He is just really looking forward to seeing his Huskies in person in Houghton for the first time in almost two years.
                        Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                        *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

So apparently the team no longer uses the skating treadmill due to the high number of groin injuries the past few seasons.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Goooo Huskies!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              So apparently the team no longer uses the skating treadmill due to the high number of groin injuries the past few seasons.
                              The Flashy Man Corollary to the Twitch Boy Theorem: Even when Michigan Tech has nice things, Michigan Tech can't have nice things.
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Working...
                              X