Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

The wheels on the Spartan bus will go round and round all the way to Marquette. That's right, the visitors will make that 7-hour trek this year. I guess this is all part of the continuing tough-guy challenge - but maybe MSU's saving a few drachma to build that sparkly new arena.

Anyhoo, will the Olympic-sized rink be site of an ambush by the cranky wildcats, who are in a mild tailspin?

As Tim "tDean" Staudt would sign off, "only time will tell"

Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

But aren't like minded schools WI, UM, MSU supposed to fly to the UP? Or is MSU special?

Comment

The Saturday Nov. 19th game will be on FSD at 7:30pm.
      *****http://www.ccha.com/assets/1/workflow_staging/Events/600x90/18714.JPG******
      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
        *****http://www.ccha.com/assets/1/workflow_staging/Events/600x90/18714.JPG******
        This is key... Can not wait to watch the game on Saturday night at a local establishment...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
          Reminder, it's FSDet+.... We're on the PLUS station that night, NOT FSDetroit.

FSDetroit is already in the area filming for the MHSAA, so they decided to stick around and put the MSU game on since the equipment is already in the area.

For those of you who have idiots running the TV's at your local establishment who can't seem to find hockey. Ever. ( "What game? Oh we don't get that channel.")

FS Detroit + is on:
          DirecTV Channel 664
          Dish Network *varies*
          Check here before you head out: http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/pages/fsdplus/

Oh, and it's in glorious Standard Definition.
          Last edited by aparch; 11-16-2011, 04:35 PM.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This is likely a stretch, but would anyone on here have any ideas on how I could watch this in Milwaukee?

I only have Time Warner Cable, and have no way to get it at home.....
            Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
            M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Wildpantswilly --

I don't know about TV channels, but you can stream the games this weekend on America One for $8 a game if you follow this link:
              *****http://webb.nmu.edu/SportsAthletics/Sports/Components-SportHP/SportHPButtons/btn_watch.png****** If you have any questions let me know. http://webb.nmu.edu/SportsAthletics/WatchTheGame.shtml or this if that doesn't work.
              Last edited by aygwm2; 11-16-2011, 06:43 PM.
              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

aygwm2 - I was hoping to catch it at a bar or something. I have been using my office to watch the games lately, but it has been getting quite expensive.

It seems impossible to watch the game in MKE considering I have had a hell of a time finding Red Wings games here too..... First-world problems
                Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'

Comment

Try Buffalo Wild Wings, they're usually pretty good about getting games. There must be a few in the milwaukee area.
                  NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                    Try Buffalo Wild Wings, they're usually pretty good about getting games. There must be a few in the milwaukee area.
                    Most sports bars with a "Sports Pack" should have FSD+....

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/pages/channelfinder/

That is the link for their channel listings for various cable/satellite providers... Just call ahead, and most bars can get you an answer if they have the channel or not... You might need to suggest the channel # based on their provider, so have the link handy... Usually if they have FSD, they should have FSD+... Most "Chain" sports bars (BWW, Tilted Kilt, Hooters, Applebee's, Etc.) should be able to accommodate you... Just be sure to offer a decent tip with your 1st round to ensure that you can keep a TV turned to the game...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      Most sports bars with a "Sports Pack" should have FSD+....

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/pages/channelfinder/

That is the link for their channel listings for various cable/satellite providers... Just call ahead, and most bars can get you an answer if they have the channel or not... You might need to suggest the channel # based on their provider, so have the link handy... Usually if they have FSD, they should have FSD+... Most "Chain" sports bars (BWW, Tilted Kilt, Hooters, Applebee's, Etc.) should be able to accommodate you... Just be sure to offer a decent tip with your 1st round to ensure that you can keep a TV turned to the game...
                      Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

I'm hoping for a sweep this weekend, this team has to keep up the momentum at home. The crowds give them an enormous home rink advantage, and it is attracting new underclass fans, which could really help the program going forward.

Let's go Cats!
                      Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'

Comment

If I recall correctly, does FSD+ have a Live Web Stream? Seems I remember watching the 'Cats take on Ferris State two seasons ago on FSD+ web stream. Anyone know for sure?

Comment

Not to gloat - ok scre3 that I'm gloating:

Mid-to-SE Michigan residents can, in addition to viewing MSU-NMU in standard 2D vision, can (if you're a Comcats subscriber) watch Saturday's game on stunning HD 2D! on ch.707 Fox Sports Detroit Plus HD. Standard-vision on channel 901 w/ a repeat on channel 201 at 12:30 am on Sunday ... just in case you didn't believe what you just saw

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            The wheels on the Spartan bus will go round and round all the way to Marquette. That's right, the visitors will make that 7-hour trek this year. I guess this is all part of the continuing tough-guy challenge - but maybe MSU's saving a few drachma to build that sparkly new arena.

Anyhoo, will the Olympic-sized rink be site of an ambush by the cranky wildcats, who are in a mild tailspin?

As Tim "tDean" Staudt would sign off, "only time will tell"
                            Yeah, the "grueling" 7 hour trip must have been something. I heard they made it a 3 day trek with overnight stops in Gaylord and Seney on the way!
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Yeah, the "grueling" 7 hour trip must have been something. I heard they made it a 3 day trek with overnight stops in Gaylord and Seney on the way!
                              Ooooh that doesn't leave much time for dilly-dallying.

Comment

Working...
                              X