X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
    Rumors are swirling that he has signed with the QMJHL. I would hope that Coyle wouldn't be lying. I am curious how long ago Coyle was asked. Maybe he was waiting until it became official? Hopefully, an unfounded rumor, but I am waiting a couple of days.
    I would be very surprised if this wasnt true. The only good news about it is that it will be hardly noticed on the ice. Ocassional flashes but he was basically a colossal bust.

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
      Let's not jump to conclusions yet. There's nothing concrete that says he is leaving.
      I have heard from someone who has always provided me great content that has confirmed he is gone, I have no reason not to believe him.

If he's wrong and subsequently I'm wrong I'll take it

Comment

Let's not jump to conclusions yet. There's nothing concrete that says he is leaving.
        Only story out there seems to be this bc hockey blog kid who is 100% sticking to his story, and tweeted that he had an inside source at BU. Of course, this would also require everyone to believe that Coyle boldfaced lied when he told the Freep reporter that he was on the team and everything is fine. Not saying the kid is 100% wrong, but when you put the two stories head to head with one another, one is from a far more respected and trusted source who doesn't have a clear bias.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          I have heard from someone who has always provided me great content that has confirmed he is gone, I have no reason not to believe him.

If he's wrong and subsequently I'm wrong I'll take it
          That may be, but again, that would require us to believe Coyle lied directly to the Freep reporter. Not impossible, but do you believe the source who has spoken to the player in question, or the source who has a source who says he has knowledge about the player in question's decision? I guess what I'm saying is, in order for us to believe this story, we're going to need more than just the title of a guy who's provided you great content in the past, if you're going to refute the words directly from the player's mouth.
          Last edited by brassbonanza; 12-15-2011, 03:40 PM.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Only story out there seems to be this bc hockey blog kid who is 100% sticking to his story, and tweeted that he had an inside source at BU. Of course, this would also require everyone to believe that Coyle boldfaced lied when he told the Freep reporter that he was on the team and everything is fine. Not saying the kid is 100% wrong, but when you put the two stories head to head with one another, one is from a far more respected and trusted source who doesn't have a clear bias.
            Well, if he hasn't, or hadn't signed when he talked to the reporter he wasn't lying. I think he's gone. If he's gone, does that mean he can't play in the WJCs?

I think it sucks to leave middle of the season. I get signing before a season starts or leaving as soon as it's over but this middle of the season jump is wrong, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Well, if he hasn't, or hadn't signed when he talked to the reporter he wasn't lying. I think he's gone. If he's gone, does that mean he can't play in the WJCs?

I think it sucks to leave middle of the season. I get signing before a season starts or leaving as soon as it's over but this middle of the season jump is wrong, IMO.
              That'd be a tight timeline, the Freep seemingly spoke with him well after the tweet from the blog guy, and after stories of going to canada had already come out. I highly doubt in a matter of an hour or two, a Q team called Coyle, asked if he wanted to come, he decided, said yes, informed Parker, then decided to lie to the Freep.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                I would be very surprised if this wasnt true. The only good news about it is that it will be hardly noticed on the ice. Ocassional flashes but he was basically a colossal bust.
                What makes you think that Jofa? Wouldn't he have more opportunities to shine now that he would arguably be the #1 center? Does the QMJHL really offer that much more?

BU Alum '07

Comment

That'd be a tight timeline, the Freep seemingly spoke with him well after the tweet from the blog guy, and after stories of going to canada had already come out. I highly doubt in a matter of an hour or two, a Q team called Coyle, asked if he wanted to come, he decided, said yes, informed Parker, then decided to lie to the Freep.
                  I didn't mean that he was called by the Q AFTER Coyle spoke with the Freep. Discussions could have taken place but nothing was offical or decided at the time of the call. So, the Freep calls him and asks him and at that time, he can honestly say "I'm here". That's what I meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Not that I put any stock in the relatively anonymous blog that spends the bulk of the day debating quackquack on whether or not bc or bu has better players, hokydad also grumbled a bit on the topic back at 1 o clock. His track record has been much better
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                      Not that I put any stock in the relatively anonymous blog that spends the bulk of the day debating quackquack on whether or not bc or bu has better players, hokydad also grumbled a bit on the topic back at 1 o clock. His track record has been much better
                      Did you post after you saw that tweet? Cuz I thought you were just trying to stir things up because Hokydad had "these things come in threes" in his post and you took that to mean Coyle. Was wondering if the tweet happened after seeing your post.

Comment

Freep Twitter: "We have it from Coyle that he is on the team and everything is fine."
                        Which team is he saying he is on??
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

That may be, but again, that would require us to believe Coyle lied directly to the Freep reporter. Not impossible, but do you believe the source who has spoken to the player in question, or the source who has a source who says he has knowledge about the player in question's decision? I guess what I'm saying is, in order for us to believe this story, we're going to need more than just the title of a guy who's provided you great content in the past, if you're going to refute the words directly from the player's mouth.
                          Don't need to convince you, not my team and not a huge concern to me. Telling you what I have heard from someone unrelated to hokydad or that blog who has in the past provided great info. Take it FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Don't need to convince you, not my team and not a huge concern to me. Telling you what I have heard from someone unrelated to hokydad or that blog who has in the past provided great info. Take it FWIW.
                            I don't not believe you, in fact, I'd take your word more than that blog kid, I'm just saying, look at the two sides, and see where we're coming from that an inside source is a bit lacking up against the word of the guy himself. Could be, there seems to be more than enough smoke here for there to be fire. I can only hope it's not the case.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              Could be where hokydad got it.

Comment

What makes you think that Jofa? Wouldn't he have more opportunities to shine now that he would arguably be the #1 center? Does the QMJHL really offer that much more?
                                it offers 80 games in a pro style league. Hockey East is a bowling alley where the Q and O play a skilled pro type game.

Comment

Working...
                                X