Uml @ unh 11/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    Considering I checked the box score twice, that's pretty bad. Oops?
    Not as bad as my unbeaten streak comment. Oops!

Comment

Re: Uml @ unh 11/18

Just a quick note that the game is on WBIN-TV (the old WNDS, channel 50).
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
        Just a quick note that the game is on WBIN-TV (the old WNDS, channel 50).
        Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
        For those who won't be able to make it, the game is on TV on WBIN. Check your local listings!
        not that quick

Comment

I'm looking forward in seeing a very good hockey game tomorrow night. Lowell has played two games on either 200x90, 200x95, or 200x100 (depending on your point of view) out in Mankato, so I don't think it will be a concern. In fact, I think the bigger ice may actually help Lowell in some ways, but the quality of competition will be much higher than was displayed in Mankato.

I haven't seen UNH on the ice for a full 60 minute game, so I don't know what to expect from them. While they have improved from this awful start, I don't think one can say who will win tomorrow's game (if at all). I'll be watching both defenses closely as so far Lowell surprising offensive attack, 4.20 GFPG in Hockey East on three of the "Big Four" teams has been impressive.

Would not be surprised about seeing bonus hockey tomorrow night and walking out of the Whitt with a tie score. I'll go with 3-3.
          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
            not that quick
            Oops. I guess reading comprehension isn't one of my skills
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
              I'm looking forward in seeing a very good hockey game tomorrow night. Lowell has played two games on either 200x90, 200x95, or 200x100 (depending on your point of view) out in Mankato, so I don't think it will be a concern. In fact, I think the bigger ice may actually help Lowell in some ways, but the quality of competition will be much higher than was displayed in Mankato.

I haven't seen UNH on the ice for a full 60 minute game, so I don't know what to expect from them. While they have improved from this awful start, I don't think one can say who will win tomorrow's game (if at all). I'll be watching both defenses closely as so far Lowell surprising offensive attack, 4.20 GFPG in Hockey East on three of the "Big Four" teams has been impressive.

Would not be surprised about seeing bonus hockey tomorrow night and walking out of the Whitt with a tie score. I'll go with 3-3.
              Are you heading up to Durham? I'm looking forward to my first trip to the Tsongas this season on Saturday.
              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                Are you heading up to Durham? I'm looking forward to my first trip to the Tsongas this season on Saturday.
                I've heard there's actually a few of the regulars going up. I'm going up to Durham for the first time in a few years.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell has played two games on either 200x90, 200x95, or 200x100 (depending on your point of view)
                  what does that mean, I'd imagine that the rink is the same size no matter where you look at it from?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                    what does that mean, I'd imagine that the rink is the same size no matter where you look at it from?
                    When I was in Mankato, the rink dimensions were published at 200x100 but some said it was actually 200x90 and others said it was 200x95.
                    - John

Comment

Yes, I'm heading up to Cow Town for the first time in many as well.
                      - John

Comment

Yes, I'm heading up to Cow Town for the first time in many as well.
                        Good stuff. Haven't been up to Durham in ages.

I'm with you on the rink dimensions. Wont be an issue. The extra room behind the net at Tsongas this season seems to have made a difference in the way the team plays.
                        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Looking forward to this game and to see the “New” Lowell, should be a fun game. Hopefully the Cats can stay out of the box and keep it 5 on 5, sounds like that was their downfall last weekend. Should be a fun game to watch

Comment

Well, some penalty activity on both sides but UNH didn't let Lowell get into the game. Lowell didn't help itself out a whole lot either. Lot of little things to go over before we host UMA tomorrow.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

UNH team defense was clicking last night, kept majority of the UML shots from outside the perimeter:..... Got to keep up the intensity against BU tonight and move uo to 3rd in HE

Comment

I watched the game on WBIN. Cats played a great all around game I thought. The telecast left a lot to be desired. Low budget is the best way to describe it I'd say. A little better than listening on radio, but not much. Goals were pretty much impossible to see due to poor quality low def video (although the ice level camera in the corner was much more hi def...go figure). Not to worry though, BIN gave one (1) video replay of scoring plays literally several minutes later. Add in no television time outs and buffering video feed...Oh well, maybe it's a work in progress. NESN, it's not.

Comment

Working...
                                X