Uml @ unh 11/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uml @ unh 11/18

UML just pickup a pair of wins @ Maine and UNH came back to salvage a tie @ UVM. UML will be bringing quite a bit of confidence, which I expect to be tempered by Norm's reality checks.

It looks like we have a #1 goalie at this point in Carr and I expect him to start against UNH. We have some great freshmen and a fantastic new style of play. Will it continue in UNH? I think so. Will it earn us a win? Not so sure, but I bet we'll be in a position to win.

So, what's up with UNH? How's attendance this year? What's the scoop on the team?
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Re: Uml @ unh 11/18

UNH now has one PWR point to UML's 12. UNH also now getting important contributions from frosh. DiGi playing better in net than early in season. Lake Whitt always sold out, but usually hundreds of empty corporate seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      UNH now has one PWR point to UML's 12. UNH also now getting important contributions from frosh. DiGi playing better in net than early in season. Lake Whitt always sold out, but usually hundreds of empty corporate seats.
      The Attendance for the UMass game was well under 6k, not sure what the NU or Union games were, but I'm sure they weren't sold out. Maine was and BC might have been too, but there are never difficulties in getting seats

Comment

This should be an interesting game for a young Lowell squad. Coming off three straight HE wins, including two up at Maine ... this team has to be on a momentum high right now. UNH has a tendency, especially at the Whit, to remind visiting teams how momentum means nothing. Since giving up 14 goals in their 0-3 league start, UNH has gone 3-0-1 with 11 GA. On the other hand, I'm pleasantly surprised to see Lowell averaging over 4 GPG in league play (compared to just 2.2 last year).

In the meantime, I can't see UVM continuing their horrendous start, so I see HE playing out close all year. If the teams that many thought were going to not make the playoffs (PC, UML, UMass) can continue their play, this might wind up being the tightest league standings I've ever seen.

This is the first game of three in the next three weeks between these two teams. I'd love to see Lowell go into UNH and show that they're for real, but at this point, I'll take another good showing.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I'm not expecting a win but I feel Lowell will play well. The big sheet of ice up at the Whit will suit Lowell well on offense but they need Carr to play well.
          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Someone said UNH has the longest current unbeaten streak im the country at 5 games (3-0-2). Dont know if its true or not and frankly im too lazy to confirm it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
              Someone said UNH has the longest current unbeaten streak im the country at 5 games (3-0-2). Dont know if its true or not and frankly im too lazy to confirm it right now.
              Considering Merrimack is still unbeaten for the season ... that would be false.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Considering Merrimack is still unbeaten for the season ... that would be false.
                Did I really say that? Someone was pulling my leg. Up too late watching the Pats I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  UML just pickup a pair of wins @ Maine and UNH came back to salvage a tie @ UVM.
                  Actually it as the other way around. UVM came back to salvage a tie vs. UNH. Extra attacker goal with 1:20 or so left, unscreened five-hole shot. UNH is playing better though, the penalty box killed them on Saturday. Up to then they had won four straight which, in fact, was the longest winning streak in the country. Lowell should be flying after a weekend sweep at Orono, their first in 26 years. Very impressive, despite the fact the Maine is floundering badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    Actually it as the other way around. UVM came back to salvage a tie vs. UNH. Extra attacker goal with 1:20 or so left, unscreened five-hole shot. UNH is playing better though, the penalty box killed them on Saturday. Up to then they had won four straight which, in fact, was the longest winning streak in the country. Lowell should be flying after a weekend sweep at Orono, their first in 26 years. Very impressive, despite the fact the Maine is floundering badly.
                    personally, I'm more encouraged about how Lowell won up in Orono... many opportunities where they would otherwise usually fold up. 4 goals in the 3rd period is something I don't think has been seen in awhile from Lowell.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      personally, I'm more encouraged about how Lowell won up in Orono... many opportunities where they would otherwise usually fold up. 4 goals in the 3rd period is something I don't think has been seen in awhile from Lowell.
                      Quoting from a USCHO article earlier today. UML is outscoring their opponents 13 - 5 in the third period this season. Quite a turnaround from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                        Did I really say that? Someone was pulling my leg. Up too late watching the Pats I guess
                        UNH had a 4 game winning streak snapped, at that moment, it was the longest winning streak in the nation (tied with Mercyhurst). They are 4-0-2 in their last 6 games.

Comment

Was able to get tickets to the Whitt for my first visit this season. Looking forward to the game, as I usually see UNH-UML only at Tsongas.

Comment

For those who won't be able to make it, the game is on TV on WBIN. Check your local listings!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                              Actually it as the other way around. UVM came back to salvage a tie vs. UNH. Extra attacker goal with 1:20 or so left, unscreened five-hole shot.
                              Considering I checked the box score twice, that's pretty bad. Oops?
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Working...
                              X