Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Jan is bitter, she's on the rag... poor Jan.

Comment

This thread sucks. Our thread with Wisconsin sucked. Considering expectations, our thread with North Dakota REALLY sucked. I'm notcing a pattern... Our threads need to be just like our team, more consistent. Luckily there is hope. Our team, like our threads, show promise but arent in top form yet, so hopefully we start to peak in both aspects around March.

Motzko says we need to sweep at home and split on the road. That means in a home and home, SCSU takes 3, tie at home, win at Maryewwchi.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        So, you're expecting 1 point from a better than advertised team. Got it.
        No, I didn't make a prediction. For the third time now, I SAID "IF WE DON'T GET A POINT I WILL BE SURPRISED." I am predicting 3 points for SCSU.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          MN has the same number of them in that time frame as Jan: 1.

And it's easy for a Jan fan to say conference hardware doesn't mean anything, since you have so ****ing little of it.
          It was actually sarcasm. I was trying to make light of the fact that the only thing ever mentioned about St. Cloud is their lack of success in the NCAA tournament. But I guess you have to use SCSU as a measuring stick in that time period, because if you compared the Gophers to their rivals UND or Wisconsin they look embarrassing.
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
            Lay off the turpentine - you clearly don't know where dinkytown is - which makes you a dink.
            Crawl back into your glory hole goofer loser.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              No, I didn't make a prediction. For the third time now, I SAID "IF WE DON'T GET A POINT I WILL BE SURPRISED." I am predicting 3 points for SCSU.
              I never said you predicted it. I said "you're expecting..."
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I never said you predicted it. I said "you're expecting..."
                jan is expecting? man, that is going to be an ugly critter...

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                  Crawl back into your glory hole goofer loser.
                  So, have you found where dinkytown is yet? Do you need a map?

Remove your tampax before posting next time.

Comment

So, you're expecting 1 point from a better than advertised team. Got it.
                    Folliowing a long line of previoulsy prestigious rally cries, the 2011-2012 St. Cloud State Huskies will heretofore be known as:

"BETTER THAN ADVERSTISED!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Folliowing a long line of previoulsy prestigious rally cries, the 2011-2012 St. Cloud State Huskies will heretofore be known as:

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        I have been saying that all along and none of you believed me! Not specifically about Marshall because I didn't know as much about him as you guys did going into the season, but I had a feeling this team wouldn't miss Ness as much as some people around here thought they would. SO FAR, I have been right(sorry, I had to point that out because I am rarely right).
                        I was one of those who said we would miss Ness and still say this would be a better team with both Ness and Marshall. Marshall is better than I thought he'd be as a freshman (and better than Ness as a freshman), but he is guilty of the same thing that Ness got hammered on by fans, not being big enough to really lay the body on guys in front of the net. And few people have brought that up about Marshall. I feel confident Ness would be the best D on the team if he had stuck around. And even so, the question isn't if we would rather see Ness or Marshall, it is if we would rather see Ness or one of the bottom D, like Alt or Holl. And I can't imagine anyone would take Alt this year over what Ness would have been. Ness was better at positioning himself in the D zone than most gave him credit for and a better player than many fans realize. And I think many compared how he played to their huge expectations for him, rather than to the other D on the team. Marshall's play alone isn't nearly as big a factor in the Gopher turn-around as the fact that the forwards are aggressively back-checking for most of the games this year, which makes D and goalies look better.

Comment

did you just say Alt is a bottom D man? in terms of scoring- ok. in terms of defense- no way in h-e-double hockey sticks

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

"Folliowing" a long line of "previoulsy" prestigious contract extensions, the 2011 Don Lucia contract extension will be "adverstised" as:

"HEY, SINCE HIS LAST CONTRACT, WE HAVE AS MANY NCAA TOURNAMENT WINS AS ST. CLOUD STATE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              "Folliowing" a long line of "previoulsy" prestigious contract extensions, the 2011 Don Lucia contract extension will be "adverstised" as:

"HEY, SINCE HIS LAST CONTRACT, WE HAVE AS MANY NCAA TOURNAMENT WINS AS ST. CLOUD STATE!!!"
                              I love that the only shots that you come up with toward the Gophers involve belittling your own team...Jan at its finest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post

I've watched my team win 4 NCAA titles in my life time. You?

I win

Comment

Working...
                                X