Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

So, what should we Gopher fans expect from Jan next weekend? Are you guys still demanding respect? Still riding the high from an NCAA win over STD-U a year and a half ago? Still hoping MN will continue its mediocre stretch of not making the NCAAs? Can we make it through a thread without arguing about program history and making entire cities want to commit mass suicides?

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    So, what should we Gopher fans expect from Jan next weekend? Are you guys still demanding respect? Still riding the high from an NCAA win over STD-U a year and a half ago? Still hoping MN will continue its mediocre stretch of not making the NCAAs? Can we make it through a thread without arguing about program history and making entire cities want to commit mass suicides?

Comment

Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

nice
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

We didn't beat Mankato in the NCAAs
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            We didn't beat Mankato in the NCAAs
            STD-U is another name for Enema U, aka NMU. A common chant rumored to be uttered at them is "Where's your valtrex?".

Comment

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/297734_2371861249019_1025148831_32227100_194317545 _n.jpg******
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

No.

Comment

It will finally be nice to be the underdogs in the match up. About time the Gophers play to their ability. Still expect at least one Jan win on the weekend.

Comment

I just wonder which SCSU player is going to get the 5 minute major this week. SCSU has what, 5 or 6 majors called against them this year. They really need to stop getting those. Its NOT a good thing to constantly commit those. Who does SCSU think they are, UND?

Honestly, as much as I dislike the rodents, I do enjoy the games much more when the rodents are good. It makes losing to them less painful and beating them even better.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU2039 View Post
                      I just wonder which SCSU player is going to get the 5 minute major this week. SCSU has what, 5 or 6 majors called against them this year. They really need to stop getting those. Its NOT a good thing to constantly commit those. Who does SCSU think they are, UND?

Honestly, as much as I dislike the rodents, I do enjoy the games much more when the rodents are good. It makes losing to them less painful and beating them even better.
                      I think the NCAA is cracking down on the hits all around. The Gophs have had a few of those majors as well and 2 of which were really ticky tack calls.

Comment

Nice to see a good 12 game start fully filled your arrogance meter.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I would imagine if Jan does happen to win a game this weekend (doubtful) the thrill will be so big another banner will be hung.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Nice to see a good 12 game start fully filled your arrogance meter.
                            The arrogance, The Arrogance, THE Arrogance, THE ARROGANCE is still there!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently it only took Rumpelstiltskin's third period breakdown last night to bring it all back.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                              The arrogance, The Arrogance, THE Arrogance, THE ARROGANCE is still there!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently it only took Rumpelstiltskin's third period breakdown last night to bring it all back.
                              It never went away. Personally, I find it *ahem* encouraging that the only time we've had any trouble scoring is when our opponent's goalie turns into a brick wall for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X