• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union @ RPI, Tuesday 11/15/11

First of three regular-season meetings.

Can RPI win two in a row?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Union @ RPI, Tuesday 11/15/11

We may have to pitch a shutout to win-we just do not put the puck in the net much. I would expect nothing less than the usual RPI/Union game-a knockdown brawl that is decided in the last seconds or OT. Go Red!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Union with 45 SOG in 4-0 loss to Yale tonight! This is one of a multiple of reasons I don't understand when people scream, "shoot the puck" every time a player touches it.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Wow, this was three pages back!

Any word on who tonight's officials will be?

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
          Neither the RPI nor Union game notes have any info on the officials.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
            Wow, this was three pages back!

speaking of officials, I was at the Marlies/Devils game Sun. afternoon & Mike Emanation was 1 of the linesmen. Seemed to be no problems with face-offs and very few tossed out of the face-off circle. While I was watching this I was thinking, is the caliber of players the reason or does he know that professional players & coaches won't put up with his non-sense/grandstanding.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              speaking of officials, I was at the Marlies/Devils game Sun. afternoon & Mike Emanation was 1 of the linesmen. Seemed to be no problems with face-offs and very few tossed out of the face-off circle. While I was watching this I was thinking, is the caliber of players the reason or does he know that professional players & coaches won't put up with his non-sense/grandstanding.
              What sort of thing does a linesman look for in throwing a player out of the faceoff circle? I don't understand that rule.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                What sort of thing does a linesman look for in throwing a player out of the faceoff circle? I don't understand that rule.
                Players not lined up square (in an attempt to gain an edge) when the puck drops, home/defending player putting his stick down on the ice before the visiting/attacking player does, teammates encroaching on the faceoff circle, and players who are making contact with one another prior to the puck being dropped are the ones I can think of.
                APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Official 2010-12 rulebook
                  Rule 6, Section 15 (primarily subsections a, b, and c) (pages 68-69)

GRussinko pretty much nailed all of the reasons.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                  X