Penn State scandal and its effect on the rising hockey program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn State scandal and its effect on the rising hockey program

Will there be an adverse effect? What do you think? Joe Paterno has just been fired as well as the school's president. Their athletic dept. is also in shambles.

Re: Penn State scandal and its effect on the rising hockey program

I can't see it having any effect unless for some reason the financing is pulled by the original donor.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by rjohntute View Post
      Will there be an adverse effect? What do you think? Joe Paterno has just been fired as well as the school's president. Their athletic dept. is also in shambles.
      the decision to add hockey had to do w/an alum who donated some $80 million. the U president and admin just said "yes, thank you". unless he backs out (which I highly doubt) they'll have hockey.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Biggest effect? More vitriol and ammo for opposing fans.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

In all seriousness, any athlete or coach on this campus will be under a microscope... Things like DUI's or bar fights will get attention that might have otherwise passed over... They will need to stay clean....
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I suppose the bad press could potentially have a negative effect on recruiting.

Comment

They probably shouldn't scout potential recruits at too young of an age, that's for sure.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                They probably shouldn't scout potential recruits at too young of an age, that's for sure.
                Bing!

Comment

If there is a way to work "Nittany Pedo Bears" into a chant, I trust the student sections of the Big Ten to get it done.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think this absolutely will have an impact on it, specifically recruiting--which we all know is the lifeblood of college sports. There's no going back in this scandal. It's the biggest in college sports history--the seed has been planted in the minds of parents everywhere. Not exactly the publicity you're looking for when you're in the business of recruiting young men.

I think Guy Gadowsky wishes he was still at Princeton.

Comment

This is quite silly.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        If there is a way to work "Nittany Pedo Bears" into a chant, I trust the student sections of the Big Ten to get it done.
                        I really hope they schedule away non conference series at Cornell and Tech.

I know the games at Yost and the Kohl Center won't disappoint...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          This is quite silly.
                          What is?

Comment

I really dont know what to believe will happen. I feel bad for everyone in this mess, especially the victims. Then theres the athletes, the alum etc. My kneejerk reaction would be to fold the plans since its a really small conference but even that seems impossible at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              I really hope they schedule away non conference series at Cornell and Tech.

I know the games at Yost and the Kohl Center won't disappoint...
                              Lucky you I think they are supposed to be coming to Lynah during the 2012-2013 season (If not that then 2013-2014). You can be sure we won't disappoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X