• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Lines/D Pairings

http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...wn.pdf?id=1129

Our great coach keeps the lines the same as last night.
    Tinordi in for McGowan?

Edit: just a few seconds late
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      For the football fans. RPI today fell behind badly again, this time to Merchant Marine. Then staged a furious fourth quarter rally as they have in previous games but fell short 31-24. This ends the season with a 4-5 overall mark. Not a good season by recent standards for us and an extremely poor defensive showing in most games. Hopefully this is a blip in the radar and we can return to our winning ways next season. However on the positive side, there was never any quit in this team all year.
      I wonder how this will apply to my theory that the hockey team plays well when the football team plays poorly.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wanted to let everyone know that we are running a stream of the multiviewer tonight for the game against Brown, like we did with the second CC game a few weeks ago. This is a video stream of all of the cameras, and it includes intercom audio. The quality is actually much better then you would see on B2/America One, and I invite everybody to check it out at
        http://www.rpitv.org/productions/419...nes-video-feed

As (almost) always, the game footage will be posted as soon as we can after the game.

We also have a chat going as well. Let us know if you have any comments, concerns or suggestions. We <3 feedback!
        Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

1-0 tonight. That's 1 in a row.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Wow... I just got a text saying, and I quote, "What did they lose by".

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              uh...you may want to look at that again
              Turk going all Ralph on me JL was good on the PP 2nite. He is going to be good. He's a crafty little player, finds the gaps and parks himself in the right spots. Patty Koudys manned up as usual. PK was a physical presence tonight, he always has that crisp pass to start the breakout. Bryce was sharp. I thought he challenged the shoters a little more and didn't play back as much as he has been. Great game for Bryce. If we beat Union tues. I'm going to be one with the world.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Bryce Merriam: MVP of the game tonight.

Comment

Turk going all Ralph on me JL was good on the PP 2nite. He is going to be good. He's a crafty little player, finds the gaps and parks himself in the right spots. Patty Koudys manned up as usual. PK was a physical presence tonight, he always has that crisp pass to start the breakout. Bryce was sharp. I thought he challenged the shoters a little more and didn't play back as much as he has been. Great game for Bryce. If we beat Union tues. I'm going to be one with the world.
                  Agree with most of that. I thought the defense did not look in sync at times. Bad passing choices and not clearing the zone giving Brown second and third chances to stay in the zone led to possible trouble. Not sure why Bailin just does not look like the player i watched last year but something is different. Brown seemed to be able to get someone free around the net too often but thankfully they did not get the puck to the open man. We went long periods of time without getting any sort of decent offensive chance. But overall you hit it on the head. We were a better team this entire weekend than we have been and I think the difference is squarely Laliberte. JL, Haggerty and Neal will be a force for us going forward and the absence of JL and Neal made a very big difference. Great to get the win but a real test looms Tuesday. We really need to get on a roll now and get this team confident that they can put a few in the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey111 View Post
                    How can anyone argue with a goalie who gets a shutout. But honorable mention to Laliberte. I got the feeling we do not score tonight without his play.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey111 View Post
                      Aspydad's Three stars:

#3star JL
                      #2star Haggs
                      #1star Bryce
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Agree with most of that. I thought the defense did not look in sync at times. Bad passing choices and not clearing the zone giving Brown second and third chances to stay in the zone led to possible trouble. Not sure why Bailin just does not look like the player i watched last year but something is different. Brown seemed to be able to get someone free around the net too often but thankfully they did not get the puck to the open man. We went long periods of time without getting any sort of decent offensive chance. But overall you hit it on the head. We were a better team this entire weekend than we have been and I think the difference is squarely Laliberte. JL, Haggerty and Neal will be a force for us going forward and the absence of JL and Neal made a very big difference. Great to get the win but a real test looms Tuesday. We really need to get on a roll now and get this team confident that they can put a few in the net.
                        Just a piece of information that is tough to p/u on TV...Brown played the dreaded 1-3-1 trap most of the game which is pretty much designed to put teams out of sync...so that could have attributed to what you saw...Bailen is getting a whole lot more attention w/Chase gone thats why we need some one to step up on offense to take a little pressure off of Nick...He just might be trying to do a little too much at times to get the team going...don't worry he's still got game.
                        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                          I'm not convinced that there's anything wrong here...it's a timing thing and some of the players have to get their timing down.

Growing pains my friends, they're painful as all-get-out...but the results are awesome...
                          Yes, what I was trying to say but said with more eloquence and fewer words!
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

The Dean of the ECAC Hockey writers and this thread's favorite scribe, Mr. Ed Weaver captures the moment of our first ECAC win of the season. Thanks Weave for all you do and taking on the liberals.
                            http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...3751697452.txt

Comment

The Dean of the ECAC Hockey writers and this thread's favorite scribe, Mr. Ed Weaver captures the moment of our first ECAC win of the season. Thanks Weave for all you do and taking on the liberals.
                              http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...3751697452.txt
                              This country is polarized enough. Take you conservative BS to the community site where it belongs.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                This country is polarized enough. Take you conservative BS to the community site where it belongs.
                                First amendment. Read it...Live it.

Comment

Working...
                                X