Whiny Whiny OZ Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiny Whiny OZ Fans

Looking over the threads from last night what else would you expect from Oz fans can' give credit where credit is due, and have to ***** about the goal judge and ref calls when the refs up in Oswego refs are more crocked the the soviet sickle. For all those whiny Oz fans out there I got just two words for you SCORE BOARD. See you in January when you can complain about your own goal judges just like you complain about your radio broadcasts.

Good Game UC, How about some of those pioneer fans on campus track down some video of that goal so we can post it for Oswego to whine about some more.

Re: Whiny Whiny OZ Fans

I guess you didn't notice, but I posted a link in the Oswego thread from a Utica News station that showed video of the goal, albeit pretty inconclusive. It's really a shame because this is probably the one game all season that we at WNYO aren't going to have video, and we use an HD camera that surely would have given us a good look at it. Either way, I'm not sure why you have a problem... that goal is a huge momentum swing especially before a 3rd period that was dominated by Oswego. It could have changed the game completely. It's easier to point out the whiners because of abundance of Oswego posters, but you can't really make the argument that there's no controversy when there was a disputed goal in a one goal game. And whenever there is controversy, there is going to be whining - regardless of what teams played.
    Last edited by OSUPBPMike; 10-31-2011, 09:53 AM.
    WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Now we know why your bar is red. This post has no value. If you look at your own UC page you will see that I stated that UC deserved the win no matter what the call of that goal. I think you are reading what you want to hear and then attack Oswego fans. Nice try, I even congratulated some UC fans and told them good game and such. Again in reference to the goal judge, I simply questioned whether bias would be in play on a hard call. I'm not so sure about your comment about the ref's being crooked "as a soviet sickle" (as you say) up in Oswego. They are not our personal ref's and I'm not sure if you haven't noticed but they haven't exactly taken it easy on us in the form of not calling penalties on us (10 penalties taken against Elmira).

By the way I'm sure that none of the UC fans would be picking apart the game if they had lost in the same fashion. It is the nature of the game. I love how I'm the center of the whining when I was posing some thoughts and questions. I was already past the game an hour after it last night. I used to whine and bellyache days after a loss and take the losses hard like I was on the team. But we all know that is not healthy lol
      Last edited by LakerAlum09; 10-30-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Score board

Comment

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
          Score board
          Seriously, dude? Your team got the win. They earned it. You're going to create a special thread for this?

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
            Seriously, dude? Your team got the win. They earned it. You're going to create a special thread for this?
            Well it IS a special occasion...it hasn't happened in quite a while
            Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
            2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
              Looking over the threads from last night what else would you expect from Oz fans can' give credit where credit is due, and have to ***** about the goal judge and ref calls when the refs up in Oswego refs are more crocked the the soviet sickle. For all those whiny Oz fans out there I got just two words for you SCORE BOARD. See you in January when you can complain about your own goal judges just like you complain about your radio broadcasts.

Good Game UC, How about some of those pioneer fans on campus track down some video of that goal so we can post it for Oswego to whine about some more.
              First off welcome to the boards.....that said myself and all of oz are/have just stated what happened, not a big deal as I said the good/top teams have to overcome these happenings , we didnt last night and UC got the 2 pts, NBD....relax, and enjoy the ride

Comment

According to the local rag, the puck hit the iron frame in the back of the net and bounced out.

Should be noted that goal judges do not decide whether or not a goal is scored; they are merely an adjunct to the referee, who has the final say... Many, many, times I've seen goals that are called "good" despite the fact that the light never came on, and the converse as well.

Lastly, I wasn't aware that video replay was even available at The Aud. Would love to see the footage. (If I'm a Laker fan, I'd attempt to have the %@m* thing subpeonaed. )

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  According to the local rag, the puck hit the iron frame in the back of the net and bounced out.

Should be noted that goal judges do not decide whether or not a goal is scored; they are merely an adjunct to the referee, who has the final say... Many, many, times I've seen goals that are called "good" despite the fact that the light never came on, and the converse as well.

Lastly, I wasn't aware that video replay was even available at The Aud. Would love to see the footage. (If I'm a Laker fan, I'd attempt to have the %@m* thing subpeonaed. )
                  I did see the play, and that is a pretty good description of what I saw happen, but I would add that as the puck came back out of the net, it glanced off the back of the front pipe and was deflected downward into the crease area. My immediate reaction was, "what are they waiting for, that puck was in (and then out) of the net?"
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                    I did see the play, and that is a pretty good description of what I saw happen, but I would add that as the puck came back out of the net, it glanced off the back of the front pipe and was deflected downward into the crease area. My immediate reaction was, "what are they waiting for, that puck was in (and then out) of the net?"
                    Thank you.Maybe that explains what I *thought* I saw, from behind the play.

The puck appeared to go under the crossbar, then glance off it at a downward angle a nanosecond later...It went too deep to have stayed out, so I thought at the time, yet I never saw the net ripple. I was convinced that it went in, but could not have described exactly how it did, at that moment.

Seen a lot of hockey over the years, but I don't remember ever witnessing that particular circumstance before. A close game is often decided on bounces, and the human eye is too slow to react sometimes...But I do think the ref got it right that time.

Comment

I just looked at the wktv.com video of the disputed goal, and the puck was clearly off the back support. The video-angle is pretty much perfect, if you look closely enough.

Not expecting UC to win at Romney, but we're thinking seriously of going there, just to get out of Dodge and to see the new arena.This thing is likely to shape up into a serious rivalry in the coming years, now that UC is allowed to freely recruit in Canada.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-31-2011, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I just looked at the wktv.com video of the disputed goal, and the puck was clearly off the back support. The video-angle is pretty much perfect, if you look closely enough.

Not expecting UC to win at Romney, but we're thinking seriously of going there, just to get out of Dodge and to see the new arena.This thing is likely to shape up into a serious rivalry in the coming years, now that UC is allowed to freely recruit in Canada.
                        Unfortunately Oswego's barn isn't Romney anymore. It's the Campus Center. Gorgeous rink. One of the finest in D-III if not the best. Still doesn't have the character and tradition of Romney though. I miss the old barn, but the Campus Center has certainly helped take Oswego's program to the next level over the past few years.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Not expecting UC to win at Romney, but we're thinking seriously of going there, just to get out of Dodge and to see the new arena.This thing is likely to shape up into a serious rivalry in the coming years, now that UC is allowed to freely recruit freely in Canada.
                          Fixed your split infinitive

As to the title of the post, some Oswego fans even complain after they win that they should have won by more. I think it has to do with having an Oswego-centric view of the world. I've grown used to it, but still do notice the phenomenon
                          Last edited by NUProf; 10-31-2011, 11:53 AM.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            Fixed your split infinitive

As to the title of the post, some Oswego fans even complain after they win that they should have won by more. I think it has to do with having an Oswego-centric view of the world. I've grown used to it, but still do notice the phenomenon
                            Don't paint us all with the same brush
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I watched the tv replay three times...It was a goal. I'm a D1 guy just checking in.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                              X