It's that time of year again!
We've had a great contest the past seven seasons, and things will kick off this year with the games of November 4th-6th. It's a week later than last year's, but this way more teams are playing by the time we get started. Hey, this year, you'll actually make it to November!
Have your name etched in stone next to legendary past winners:
2002-2003 - erickuzniar *
2003-2004 - purple_and_gold10 *
2004-2005 - Stompey5 * & Wormser-PointRC * (thread)
2005-2006 - Panorama Course * (thread)
2006-2007 - idontbelieveit (thread)
2007-2008 - NUProf * (thread)
2008-2009 - Wormser-PointRC * (thread)
2009-2010 - hawk * (thread)
2010-2011 - Pioneerfan11 (thread)
2011-2012 - THIS COULD BE YOU!!!
* - indicates "Perfect Seasons"
So here's how it works:
1) Each week, before the first games start on Friday, you must select the winner in one D-II/III men's hockey game played on that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. (The lone exception is over winter break, when the games are few and far between for about 3 weeks. Recent tradition is that we take these weeks off... but stay tuned. Most of you will be eliminated by then anyways ).
2) If the team you pick loses or ties, or you fail to make a pick... your season is over. The last chance to make your pick is before the puck drops on Friday's first game (so watch out for early Friday games). This rule is carved in stone. I once eliminated myself on account of not getting my own pick in on time.
3) Once you use a team, you can't ever use them again. EVER. (Well, this season anyways)
4) When making your picks for a new week, list all teams you have used previously. If you try to pull a fast one, you'll get caught!