Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota vs. UAA - Vengeance (10/28 - 10/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
    I have a feeling after tonight Minnesota's PP will be above 40% again.

The Huskies will grind down your favorite opponent for the following weekend. Goldy can have our seconds and pound Sue.
    We certainly owe them a few poundings after the poundings we've taken lately. Good luck to your Huskies this weekend!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs. UAA - Vengeance (10/28 - 10/29)

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
      The Huskies will grind down your favorite opponent for the following weekend. Goldy can have our seconds and pound Sue.
      We're playing Wisconsin NEXT weekend, not this coming weekend.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

View From Alaska Anchorage

By Paul Rovnak on October 27, 2011

Minnesota heads to Alaska this week for a WCHA first-round playoff rematch from last year against Alaska Anchorage. The Seawolves ended the Gophers season a year ago, winning two games at Mariucci Arena to advance to the WCHA Final Five. Alaska Anchorage is off to a 3-2-1 start this season and we talked with radio voice of the Seawolves Kurt Haider to learn more about this week's opponent.

GopherSports: Kurt, the Seawolves advanced to the WCHA Final Five last year after beating Minnesota. How is Alaska Anchorage looking this year?

Kurt Haider: The Seawolves, buoyed by last season's late success, have started the new season with a determination not to waste the momentum.* A tie with Clarkson followed by victories over St. Cloud State, Nebraska-Omaha and Mercyhurst have kick-started the season, with a realization that the heavy lifting is yet to come with the WCHA regular season.
        Coming in to 2011-12, UAA knew that goaltending was going to be a position without too much worry.* Sophomores Rob Gunderson and Chris Kamal showed last season that they could handle the mental and physical rigors of the WCHA, so this season is a test to see if they can improve on their performances.

On defense, veterans Brad Gorham and Scott Warner anchor the effort.* Freshmen Derek Docken and Austin Coldwell have played full-time this season, and have played well.

Offensively, a question asked was how the Seawolves were going to replace Tommy Grant's goal scoring.* Early indications show multiple players will be counted on to contribute...the old "scoring by committee" approach.

GS: Who is one player that Gopher fans should pay attention to this weekend?

KH: If you have to pick one player to watch, that player might be Daniel Naslund.* Last season, Naslund improved gradually over the course of the season, so it was relatively quiet.* This season, he's thrown some unbelievable passes and has shown a quiet confidence when he's in the heat of battle around the goal.* His size and vision have made him a player to plan for.

Others to keep an eye on could include Matt Bailey, Jordan Kwas and Mickey Spencer.

GS: The Seawolves had success against Minnesota last year. What do they have to do this weekend to continue that success?

KH: This match-up is intriguing because of what happened in last season's playoffs.* With UAA's unexpected two-game sweep at the Mariucci, I'd guess that the Gophers can hardly wait to get to the Sullivan to prove it was a fluke.* It wasn't, and that means UAA followers expect it can happen again.* The immediate stakes aren't nearly as high now, but rest assured both teams realize that these WCHA points in October will be huge when next March comes around.* The Seawolves can win if they play consistent, intelligent hockey.* They were able to neutralize St. Cloud's and Nebraska-Omaha's speed through the neutral zone, and countered effectively after turnovers.* Continued steady play from Gunderson and Kamal is a must. *

Comment

I have a feeling after tonight Minnesota's PP will be above 40% again.

I'm watching this weekend's outcomes closely, Bronzey. I'm getting tired of your Gopher sandbagging and I'm coming after you if you jinx the Gophers

But I truly hope you are right about your series against sue. That is why I hope the Gophers can build some momentum this weekend so we can be done with this boring AA series and build toward (what should be) a fun sue/Gopher series next weekend. But don't grind sue down too much please, we don't want a ****ed off sue team rolling into Mariucci next weekend.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            I'm watching this weekend's outcomes closely, Bronzey. I'm getting tired of your Gopher sandbagging and I'm coming after you if you jinx the Gophers

But I truly hope you are right about your series against sue. That is why I hope the Gophers can build some momentum this weekend so we can be done with this boring AA series and build toward (what should be) a fun sue/Gopher series next weekend. But don't grind sue down too much please, we don't want a ****ed off sue team rolling into Mariucci next weekend.
            Come on Wes, I cheer for all of the MN teams when the Huskies are not facing them. That's right. I love Beavers, purple cows, fat faced dogs, and even yard rodents. If you keep giving me a hard time about it, I'll buy a maroon and gold jersey come NCAA tourney time! Then you'll really be screwed.

I hoping the Huskies can hang in there at the Ralph, play a couple of tight games and at least come out with a split. Tough building for us to play in. It's time for Mike Lee to put his big boy pants on and be a gamer up there. He needs to play like Patterson again like he did last Saturday against UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
              View From Alaska Anchorage

By Paul Rovnak on October 27, 2011

Minnesota heads to Alaska this week for a WCHA first-round playoff rematch from last year against Alaska Anchorage. The Seawolves ended the Gophers season a year ago, winning two games at Mariucci Arena to advance to the WCHA Final Five. Alaska Anchorage is off to a 3-2-1 start this season and we talked with radio voice of the Seawolves Kurt Haider to learn more about this week's opponent.

GopherSports: Kurt, the Seawolves advanced to the WCHA Final Five last year after beating Minnesota. How is Alaska Anchorage looking this year?

Kurt Haider: The Seawolves, buoyed by last season's late success, have started the new season with a determination not to waste the momentum.* A tie with Clarkson followed by victories over St. Cloud State, Nebraska-Omaha and Mercyhurst have kick-started the season, with a realization that the heavy lifting is yet to come with the WCHA regular season.
              Coming in to 2011-12, UAA knew that goaltending was going to be a position without too much worry.* Sophomores Rob Gunderson and Chris Kamal showed last season that they could handle the mental and physical rigors of the WCHA, so this season is a test to see if they can improve on their performances.

On defense, veterans Brad Gorham and Scott Warner anchor the effort.* Freshmen Derek Docken and Austin Coldwell have played full-time this season, and have played well.

Offensively, a question asked was how the Seawolves were going to replace Tommy Grant's goal scoring.* Early indications show multiple players will be counted on to contribute...the old "scoring by committee" approach.

GS: Who is one player that Gopher fans should pay attention to this weekend?

KH: If you have to pick one player to watch, that player might be Daniel Naslund.* Last season, Naslund improved gradually over the course of the season, so it was relatively quiet.* This season, he's thrown some unbelievable passes and has shown a quiet confidence when he's in the heat of battle around the goal.* His size and vision have made him a player to plan for.

Others to keep an eye on could include Matt Bailey, Jordan Kwas and Mickey Spencer.

GS: The Seawolves had success against Minnesota last year. What do they have to do this weekend to continue that success?

KH: This match-up is intriguing because of what happened in last season's playoffs.* With UAA's unexpected two-game sweep at the Mariucci, I'd guess that the Gophers can hardly wait to get to the Sullivan to prove it was a fluke.* It wasn't, and that means UAA followers expect it can happen again.* The immediate stakes aren't nearly as high now, but rest assured both teams realize that these WCHA points in October will be huge when next March comes around.* The Seawolves can win if they play consistent, intelligent hockey.* They were able to neutralize St. Cloud's and Nebraska-Omaha's speed through the neutral zone, and countered effectively after turnovers.* Continued steady play from Gunderson and Kamal is a must. *
              Do you have a link for this?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                It's here.

http://www.gophersports.com/blog/201...anchorage.html
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Ta

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                    Looks like the Star Tribune didn't have time to create a full write up for the series, real nice.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/132749393.html
                    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Sorry. Thanks Scooby.

Comment

The video stream is at http://uaahockey.nmtvsports.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          The video stream is at http://uaahockey.nmtvsports.com/
                          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                            Looks like the Star Tribune didn't have time to create a full write up for the series, real nice.

Well it's not like it's an important series like say aginst Ohio State.

Comment

Come on Wes, I cheer for all of the MN teams when the Huskies are not facing them. That's right. I love Beavers, purple cows, fat faced dogs, and even yard rodents. If you keep giving me a hard time about it, I'll buy a maroon and gold jersey come NCAA tourney time! Then you'll really be screwed.

I hoping the Huskies can hang in there at the Ralph, play a couple of tight games and at least come out with a split. Tough building for us to play in. It's time for Mike Lee to put his big boy pants on and be a gamer up there. He needs to play like Patterson again like he did last Saturday against UNH.
                              Ok ok, I will stop giving you a hard time about it if you don't do the whole jersey deal

Good luck in the "land of no trees and hills"! I'm interested to see the outcome of that series as Cloud should have some momentum coming off of a "three point" weekend against UNH and sue will likely be ****ed after being swept by becky. Will be interesting to see if sue continues her typical early season slide or what their deal is. But like I said, don't **** off sue too much. We don't want her to be too angry when she comes to town.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                                I'm the same exact way man. If they aren't playing the Gophers, I cheer for all Minnesota teams before anyone else. I know a lot of people who do the same

Comment

Working...
                                X