Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota vs. UAA - Vengeance (10/28 - 10/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    As they said on TV, the Gophers should be 8-0 after this weekends games.
    Yeah, that ticked me off.

Comment

Re: Minnesota vs. UAA - Vengeance (10/28 - 10/29)

Dick Bremer couldn't have jinxed them any better. Maybe they should start Friday's game talking about Patterson's shutouts.
      I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
      -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Im sad to see this series go away also . The Big10 network did what no one else every could it destroyed the premier hockey conference the WCHA . Oh well I think this will be a hotly contested series with the Sea Wolves and Gophers splitting

Comment

I could easily see a split, but we haven't seen a tie yet. I say 2-2 tie Friday and a 5-2 Gopher rout on Saturday for a 3pt weekend and some momentum heading into sue weekend.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

You would HOPE that the loss on Sunday will erase any thoughts about being overconfident heading into the UAA series. If not then the team is not as good as we Gopher fans think they should be. If they can come away with 3 points on the (long) road they'll probably be OK with that, but even winning one of two won't be easy. Both teams look to be improved over last year; it's a question of which one is more improved - and hungrier.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
              I think they will be great games too. I heard you guys have a very strong team this year, and we're pretty young. I'm hoping for a sweep, but predicting a split.
              A lot of teams are "young". I believe UAA has 18 freshmen and sophmores!
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Yeah, but they're all 22 and 23 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Not as many that are relied upon for as many minutes. The Gopher's top 6 defensemen, where their youth and inexperience has shown the most, is comprised of one junior, four sophomores, and one freshmen. And two of those sophomores saw very little ice time last year.
                  Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-25-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    What the hell is a Seawolf?
                    I'll give you a clue. ..... It's not a land rat.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

http://www.goseawolves.org/wolfie/wolfie-seawolf.html
                      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-25-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

If they lose a game this weekend whose getting fired and who’s getting a raise?
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          I'll give you a clue. ..... It's not a land rat.
                          That sucks as a clue. There are billions of things it's not, but the hell is it?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            That sucks as a clue. There are billions of things it's not, but the hell is it?
                            He’s not a previous piccolo player in the band like Goldie was.

Comment

Researched like an archetypal scholar from a state that votes in pretend wrestlers for Governor.

Comment

The "Gophers" have nothing to do with gophers do they? A thirteen lined ground squirrel is a squirrel. That's why they spell it with the SQU at the beginning. Cos it's a squirrel. Not a "gopher".

Comment

Working...
                                X