10/28-10/29 Michigan Tech vs. Denver - Don't Leave without your Ice Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Non-related: since your wife isn't answering, are you going to be in town this weekend, and if so, need a place to crash on Sat night?
    No and No. But thanks for the offer, brother. Always appreciated.

Comment

Re: 10/28-10/29 Michigan Tech vs. Denver - Don't Leave without your Ice Cream

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
      No and No. But thanks for the offer, brother. Always appreciated.
      You have disappointed many a person.

But we will have one for you.

And sweep DU. I know it's probably a pipe dream, but do it for the WiCChA conference. Hey, if you're not in the BIG conferences, you're a witch!
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        DU's 3 fans that show up to the Final 5 really helped bring revenue to the "small schools". They are all so full of ****, its dripping out their ears.
        More than likely UND resented the Final 5 revenue sharing since they brought 50+% of the fans. DU's issue was likely the need for more name brand opponents in a media market with seven professional sports teams.

Always difficult to predict a WCHA sweep on the road with arduous travel, Tech playing well and DU midterms around this time of year. That being said, two criticisms of DU in recent seasons was a lack of blowout victories and little third line scoring. They got both last Saturday night, so maybe time for optimism. I'll predict sweep and be happy with a split or better.

Comment

Has Gwoz officially adopted the title of "NHL-Esque General Manager" or is he still just called the "Coach"? If Peg were a man she'd be feeling feminized by all this ... lucky she had no balls to cut off.

Comment

DU's 3 fans that show up to the Final 5 really helped bring revenue to the "small schools". They are all so full of ****, its dripping out their ears.
            Come on now, 3 fans?! That's DG alone...and he usually brings a harem! At least when he's here in Denver he's surrounded by a solid following. At least a dozen or two make it to St. Paul every spring....like that? EVERY spring. When was the last time Tech was at the F5? You're just going to miss the TC w/ the B1G starting, aren't you? Well, I'll tell you, we aren't going to miss going there every year for our conference finals....when they're at the Pepsi Center every other year.

I'm clearly playing devils advocate here, because you're being a d1ckface. I don't personally like all that has transpired lately...the lack of appreciation for the history of the Game. However, if going out on our own means losing nozzles like you, I'm all for it. Hel1, put us in AHA, it's be better than listening to you b1tc7 and moan incessantly.

r

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              More than likely UND resented the Final 5 revenue sharing since they brought 50+% of the fans. DU's issue was likely the need for more name brand opponents in a media market with seven professional sports teams.
              Bingo. There have been many similar conversations (similar ratio of noise and whining to actual conversation) over on DG's blog about this over the years. DU's not a very big school, and getting attention in the midst of pro sports (Denver is very much a pro sports town) and ski season is tough. Denver's also a transplant city so plenty of folks don't have much attachment to hockey.

Being guaranteed games in Magness against teams like UND and Miami is huge- getting butts in the seats is firsthand revenue and brand building. I think that's more important to DU than the revenue sharing, which, as mentioned was probably more of a concern for the horrid green monsters. Unfortunately it's probably only a marginal improvement without Notre Dame in the mix.

And most of us have at least mixed feelings about the transpirations with realignment. Those same administrators that you are so set on flaming have caused friction internally as well over the years.

I for one have always rooted for underdogs like Tech, but the fact that 90% of this thread is about Gwoz, Peg, and UND takes some of the charm out of Cinderella moments like sweeping Wisconsin.

As for the topic I'd rather be discussing on this thread- I see 3 points for DU- tie Friday, DU win Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised at a split though. DU can be pretty good at anticlimactic follow-ups to smackdowns or big wins. Long trip during midterms doesn't help.
              University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
              Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                Has Gwoz officially adopted the title of "NHL-Esque General Manager" or is he still just called the "Coach"? If Peg were a man she'd be feeling feminized by all this ... lucky she had no balls to cut off.
                *****http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4170v-ejNqL._SS500_.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  Labeling your league the Butt Hurt Hockey Conference is the only association I have with that state of mind. Cracking on the demi-meglomaniacal NHL general manager wannabe and/or anything bbdl has said in this thread is called derision. Look it up. I'm happy that DU, CC, The fun-filled family card game, SCSU, UND and whoever else is leaving the WCHA is leaving.

Just quit trying to defend the made up rationalizations and BS that PR-hack wannabes like DG toss out there and you'll probably see less derision. Or just shut up and go away.

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                    Come on now, 3 fans?! That's DG alone...and he usually brings a harem! At least when he's here in Denver he's surrounded by a solid following. At least a dozen or two make it to St. Paul every spring....like that? EVERY spring. When was the last time Tech was at the F5? You're just going to miss the TC w/ the B1G starting, aren't you? Well, I'll tell you, we aren't going to miss going there every year for our conference finals....when they're at the Pepsi Center every other year.

I'm clearly playing devils advocate here, because you're being a d1ckface. I don't personally like all that has transpired lately...the lack of appreciation for the history of the Game. However, if going out on our own means losing nozzles like you, I'm all for it. Hel1, put us in AHA, it's be better than listening to you b1tc7 and moan incessantly.

r
                    2 dozen? You're ****ing crazy? The only way that there's 2 dozen FUDU fans at the final 5 is if they come disguised as UND fans.

You don't like hearing me *****? Well, just remember, I was perfectly content. I am doing what I'm doing as a direct result of action by your school and athletic department. So I hope I'm annoying the living **** out of you and every other Pioneer fan. You all deserve everything coming your way.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                      DU's issue was likely the need for more name brand opponents in a media market with seven professional sports teams.
                      Whoops, then I guess DU missed the boat on that one. I think you were trying to join the Bi6Mistake not make your own conference of small-market teams. Your league includes well known "brand-name" and "like-minded" cities and teams such as:
                      Omaha, NE
                      St Cloud, MN
                      Kalamazoo, MI
                      Duluth, MN
                      Colorado Springs, CO
                      Miami (no, not FL), OH
                      Grand Forks, ND

While the Bi6Mistake has:
                      Detroit, MI
                      Minneapolis, MN
                      Madison, WI
                      Lansing, MI
                      Columbus, OH
                      and I'll agree that no one has a clue about Penn State.

Ummm, yeah, those are some big media markets you have there. Denver is the only real media market in that whole league.
                      "Hey kids, let's get in the car and go watch college hockey. There is a big game tonight. Denver is playing Kalamazoo!"
                      "Daddy, what kind of animals are they bringing from the 'zoo to the game?..."
                      "No, no they are a big time hockey program. They've won... well they haven't won anything of interest, but they did agree to play with us and their coach got fired from the NHL! Wow! Super-duper!"

Sorry, it was a money grab plain and simple. If the NaCHo was so worried about well known teams and big-time media coverage, why would you not take Norte Dame and their already in place TV package. Even if 10% of the golden homer-domer football fans turn on a Nortre Dame hockey game out of complete boredom you've got more people watching the program than a DU home game. Oh yeah, that's right, taking Norte Dame meant that DU and Sue wouldn't be able to get all of the money. FYI - Unless you plan on keeping the NaCHo tourney in either Minneapolis or Grand Forks you can kiss Sue's fans and $$$ good-bye. Those folks don't travel by plane. If they can't get to the game in their pickup trucks, they are not going. They won't even drive to Duluth.

Ryan J
                      Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 10-27-2011, 07:38 AM.
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Whoops, then I guess DU missed the boat on that one. I think you were trying to join the Bi6Mistake not make your own conference of small-market teams. Your league includes well known "brand-name" and "like-minded" cities and teams such as:
                        Omaha, NE
                        St Cloud, MN
                        Kalamazoo, MI
                        Duluth, MN
                        Colorado Springs, CO
                        Miami (no, not FL), OH
                        Grand Forks, ND

While the Bi6Mistake has:
                        Detroit, MI
                        Minneapolis, MN
                        Madison, WI
                        Lansing, MI
                        Columbus, OH
                        and I'll agree that no one has a clue about Penn State.

Ummm, yeah, those are some big media markets you have there. Denver is the only real media market in that whole league.
                        "Hey kids, let's get in the car and go watch college hockey. There is a big game tonight. Denver is playing Kalamazoo!"
                        "Daddy, what kind of animals are they bringing from the 'zoo to the game?..."
                        "No, no they are a big time hockey program. They've won... well they haven't won anything of interest, but they did agree to play with us and their coach got fired from the NHL! Wow! Super-duper!"

Sorry, it was a money grab plain and simple. If the NaCHo was so worried about big-time media coverage, why would you not take Norte Dame and their already in place TV package. Oh yeah, that's right, that meant that DU and Sue would be able to get all of the money. FYI - Unless you plan on keeping the NaCHo tourney in either Minneapolis or Grand Forks you can kiss Sue's fans and $$$ good-bye. Those folks don't travel by plane. If they can't get to the game in their pickup trucks, they are not going. They won't even drive to Duluth.

Ryan J
                        Miami is in Oxford, Ohio.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Miami is in Oxford, Ohio.
                          Yeah, I know. I was just trying to give the NaCHo some credit that people might think they have one big market... until folks realize that team is not from Miami, FL.
                          Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Whoops, then I guess DU missed the boat on that one. Denver is the only real media market in that whole league.

Ryan J
                            Whoosh.

I was referring to Denver being a competitive media market. Lets try and pay attention.
                            Last edited by dggoddard; 10-27-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to give the NaCHo some credit that people might think they have one big market... until folks realize that team is not from Miami, FL.
                              Ryan J
                              You might be on to something here. We just need to move the Goggin a couple blocks, and then we can really trick all those new people who are suddenly going to be checking college hockey standings to watch the NCHC.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                You might be on to something here. We just need to move the Goggin a couple blocks, and then we can really trick all those new people who are suddenly going to be checking college hockey standings to watch the NCHC.
                                That one bouncy ball player that took his talents to south beach will be so confused.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X