UAH 2011-2012 - The Farewell Tour Kicks Off Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH 2011-2012 - The Farewell Tour Kicks Off Tomorrow

Sorry UAH guys. The Chargers will definitely be missed ... and well beyond next year. I remember some interesting UAH-RIT games over these many years (some good ... some just interesting!) Take care.
    -M

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      One thing that was suggested on the RPI thread is that teams who have given UAH a good number of games (like last year when RPI gave them 4 games including 2 at home) should observe a moment of silence in memory of this team.
      I agree it sucks, I wish they could have made things work, but a moment of silence? Doesn't that kinda diminish the moment for moments of silence for people who've died instead of kids who now can either no longer play hockey at their school or have to transfer schools?
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        I agree it sucks, I wish they could have made things work, but a moment of silence? Doesn't that kinda diminish the moment for moments of silence for people who've died instead of kids who now can either no longer play hockey at their school or have to transfer schools?
        The death of southern NCAA hockey isn't worth a moment?

Comment

Perhaps pep bands could play "Sweet Home Alabama"....
          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983
          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
            Perhaps pep bands could play "Sweet Home Alabama"....
            May not want to play that next season, if these kids transfer to other schools. Could open back up the wounds.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              May not want to play that next season, if these kids transfer to other schools. Could open back up the wounds.
              I disagree, I think that's perfect. I was in my second week of college when 9/11 happened. That day as I was walking back to my dorm I heard a song being played, SCSU will play tunes of songs from a tower, we'd call it "The Bells." The song that was playing was "New York, New York." I thought that was such a ray of sunshine in an otherwise horrid day, and if it wasn't "too much" for then, I don't see why it'd be "too much" for this.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Its worth something, but I don't like the word "death" thrown around easily. Fact is as much as this sucks, everyone will wake up tomorrow from the situation alive. Even Morris.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  I'm going into USCHO hibernation. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I don't know that I'll ever be able to really care about college hockey anymore. It would be like getting dumped by your fiancée and then ending up in a ballroom with every girl you've ever dated or even crushed on.
                  Believe me when I say I know exactly how you feel. After Notre Dame dumped their program, I refused to have anything to do with Notre Dame, openly rooting against them, or anything hockey. I went away to college (Michigan State, no less, when they won their 2nd NC), but still refused to give hockey a chance. Then by my senior year, I wondered about college hockey, entered the lottery for student tickets and got my notification. I did not get a ticket, but I opened the door to my first love. After graduating, I started going to Notre Dame's D1-independent games and got hooked hard again, and am glad I was open to reigniting that flame.

I'm not saying anything like Notre Dame's good fortune will befall UAH, but take some time to grieve your sport and when you're ready to root again, you will.
                  "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

As a Colgate alum and huge fan let me express my sincerest condolences for this recent decision...my guess (from experience) is that administrative cowardice is a major contributing factor...a great program, started by a Michigan legend, goes to "club" status...why??? I even hate to ask...all of the fans of UA-Huntsville hockey deserve a lot better...

Comment

So sorry to hear this. It seems unnecessary and petty. Good people. Good memories of Huntsville.

Comment

I'll just cut and paste my thought from the Save UAH Hockey! Facebook group...

This is an awful day for college hockey. This Spartan sends his absolute best wishes to the UAH fanbase and former Spartan hockey players Chris Luongo and Danton Cole. Lots of MSU connections with UAH. Actually, in general, lots of Ron Mason connections with UAH.

Doug Ross was a fantastic coach and one of college hockey's best ambassadors. It's extremely unfortunate that his 25 years of hard work must end like this.

And I'll add this: The UAH SIDs are some of the easiest people to work with ever. I did play-by-play for a UAH v. MSU game last year, and they were extremely nice folks.
                        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                        66 - 86 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

You say "Death of southern NCAA hockey" as if there was some grand tradition of southern NCAA hockey that has been slowly dying out, and UAH was the last vestige of it.

I don't recall very many moments of silence for Iona or Fairfield.
                          UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Well said.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

I'm not sure what to think of the notion that UAH didn't pursue a conference during this realignm...I mean, greedy moneygrab, but if they didn't get support from the WCHA through this, I am very dissappointed with the schools that I root for.
                              From my guestimation, where UAH comes into it is if the WCHA goes beyond 12. But if the membership stays at 12 (or under), that's a much more difficult situation for UAH.
                              That's from Bruce McLeod. I don't know how much UAH wanted to do, but there's not much they actually could have done when they were lower on the priority list than a Buffalo team that may or may not ever exist.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                *****http://board.uscho.com/image.php?u=17353&type=sigpic&dateline=1250551909******
                                *spit*
                                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                                2006 Time Person of the Year
                                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Working...
                                X