• Re: Speaking of leadership

Love it ...
    GO PURPS!
    Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

• Re: UAH 2011-2012 - The Farewell Tour Kicks Off Tomorrow

Costume created by one of the UAH students. Wore it to the UAH volleyball game, got a standing ovation - with the AD and new president in the stands.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

Comment

That is one of the best costumes ever.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Article about moving to club hockey:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...t_from_di.html

Just shows how little portera understands about the hockey landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            http://uahhockey.com/blog/2011/10/24/its-over/ has the full text of the memo if you're curious. I have it because I'm currently a student [hooray second degree].

GFM
            Note that the addresses for this memo did not inlcude the parents. At NO time in this process did either portera or brophy attempt to communicate with the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
              Article about moving to club hockey:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...t_from_di.html

Just shows how little portera understands about the hockey landscape.
              That's right. I'm surprised Brophy was even talking about the budget of a club team, considering that the whole point of club is that it's not part of the athletic department. So this $156,000 (?!??!) budget Portera mentioned...is that part of the UAH athletic department? Are they going to hire a coach and recruit and schedule? What are we talking about here?

They are so naive to think we can just flip a switch to club and have everything fall into place.
              Michael Napier - UAH '97
              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                That's right. I'm surprised Brophy was even talking about the budget of a club team, considering that the whole point of club is that it's not part of the athletic department. So this $156,000 (?!??!) budget Portera mentioned...is that part of the UAH athletic department? Are they going to hire a coach and recruit and schedule? What are we talking about here?

They are so naive to think we can just flip a switch to club and have everything fall into place.
                Can the UAH Athletics department even be connected to a club team?

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                  Costume created by one of the UAH students. Wore it to the UAH volleyball game, got a standing ovation - with the AD and new president in the stands.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
                  My only hope is that Derf didn't actually pay to get in to that game.

I sicken at the idea of giving those people a dime right now.
                  UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                  2006 Time Person of the Year
                  Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                  It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerBlue View Post
                    Can the UAH Athletics department even be connected to a club team?
                    Anything is possible, though they're going to have a lot of other club sports beating down the door for similar institutional support.

If UAH club ice hockey is going to be treated like "every other club sport" on campus, their institutional support will consist of a $1,000 grant from the Student Government Association, IF they get a charter approved.
                    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                    2006 Time Person of the Year
                    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

some schools have "varsity Club" .

Comment

There will be a rally in front of the VBC, in the park from 4:30-6 this Friday before the Ohio State game. We need to keep this issue out in the public eye as the internal word is that the administration assumes there will some initial emotional reaction and then things will die down. We can't let that happen.

Comment

Interesting development reported from WHNT-TV in Huntsville...We'll see how this goes...

Lawmaker Leading Last-Ditch Effort To Save UAH Hockey
                          http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-lawmak...,6006046.story
                          Michael Napier - UAH '97
                          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Interesting development reported from WHNT-TV in Huntsville...We'll see how this goes...

Talking to the Governor. And they possibly have the funds almost all lined up to self support the Varsity team? Which sounds pretty similar to how Michigan Tech ended up saving their football program back in 2004. Hang onto your hats here. There's politicians sensing they can earn some easy votes, and there's money involved. Ya ain't dead till they stop skating I say. And if UAB gets into the mix about how they've been handing things for them, things could get interesting.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I sure hope that this gains traction. College hockey fans everywhere are pulling for you guys........

Comment

If this works out that would be awesome. But we still need the new WCHA to get them into the new conference...
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X