• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 Dartmouth Big Green

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
    Now go out and win, then shut the f up!
    Oooo...yes Sir. Message received...

You realize I don't take advice from the average midget mind right?

Dartmouth has lost a handful of games to "West" teams in the history of NCAA tournament play. That's the point I made, and the reality. You want to imagine that's an insult, or pretend it isn't true, have at it.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
      Oooo...yes Sir. Message received...

You realize I don't take advice from the average midget mind right?

Dartmouth has lost a handful of games to "West" teams in the history of NCAA tournament play. That's the point I made, and the reality. You want to imagine that's an insult, or pretend it isn't true, have at it.
      Sure.....I'm totally fooled. Advice? Well not really. Intent might be the word. But who cares, the record speaks for itself.

Comment

Congratulations to the Big Green on a successful weekend road trip. They continue to be a strong first period team that gives them the early jump on their opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          I guess I can understand that given the history of The Big Green v. "The West" in NCAA tournament play.
          Ouch...

Comment

2011-2012 Dartmouth Big Green

U guys...

We have had our moments in NCAA play.
            Not so many as we would like.
            Then again not one east team has excelled vis-a-vis Big Ten, other western powers of late.

Wonder why, wonder why.

But then again we (Green) are restricted in ways most western teams are not. Money. Direct scholarships. More in Ivy at least (all except maybe currently the Big Red?)

So I like our little team, hometown-grown effort, Brooky.

And Coach- all our wonderful Coaches, build character every year. Put it in the bank!

Likely you all do so too. If no, we'd be all over u in this thread.
            I would, Brooky.

But/And, as once said, "It is, Sir (Madam), a small college (Dartmouth) and yet there are those who love it." I think quote about it...more or less accurate, Brooky.

Some still do (love it)...by the way- including this wild on his feet all game, (even at break...) cheering, gesturing/gesticulating positively and with a piercing voice is heard even in the corners, the locker rooms, parking lot ... "work,work, work", "Go Green Go!", "Ole!", "War Eagle", et al all, scream-scream-scream-on rave-on ing maniac, Brooky.)

Whew.

Comment

Originally posted by papulaisle View Post
              That is true. There have been points in numerous seasons where it looked like DC was going to be the team to beat. They've had some bad breaks, injury wise, other times the Green just weren't playing their best at tourney time, and a couple of times, they just got beat by a hungry opponent in a one-and-done scenario. As fans, we are cruel in that we'll too often judge a whole season by the result of one game.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

U guys...

Not so many as we would like.
                Then again not one east team has excelled vis-a-vis Big Ten, other western powers of late.

Wonder why, wonder why.

But then again we (Green) are restricted in ways most western teams are not. Money. Direct scholarships. More in Ivy at least (all except maybe currently the Big Red?)

So I like our little team, hometown-grown effort, Brooky.

And Coach- all our wonderful Coaches, build character every year. Put it in the bank!

Likely you all do so too. If no, we'd be all over u in this thread.
                I would, Brooky.

But/And, as once said, "It is, Sir (Madam), a small college (Dartmouth) and yet there are those who love it." I think quote about it...more or less accurate, Brooky.

Some still do (love it)...by the way- including this wild on his feet all game, (even at break...) cheering, gesturing/gesticulating positively and with a piercing voice is heard even in the corners, the locker rooms, parking lot ... "work,work, work", "Go Green Go!", "Ole!", "War Eagle", et al all, scream-scream-scream-on rave-on ing maniac, Brooky.)

Whew.
                Three words: Apps, Piper, Weatherston.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Great win over Cantabs lookin ahead/back to Minn, likely! While not sure WHERE they was lookin' we'll always take it. Beard the lion in their own den!
                  Yup!

Wahoo.

Sweet.

Sooo nice.

Comment

ATTENTION;ATTENTION:With outstanding stars Apps, Piper, Weatherston- wonderful, great Dartmouth players as B. above interjects (suggests) (lead ALL Nations in Olympic scoring, for instance) Green was able to win over Bay State H. Univers. college team last season after D. being picked to finish season eighth (8th) of twelve teams in ECAC, said team finished season eighth (8th) in Nation (rather) w. above great players as u point out...and, and, and, and where was fair H. Crims. alas come March, 2011, B.?

Wha? Are no error.

Comment

ATTENTION;ATTENTION:With outstanding stars Apps, Piper, Weatherston- wonderful, great Dartmouth players as B. above interjects (suggests) (lead ALL Nations in Olympic scoring, for instance) Green was able to win over Bay State H. Univers. college team last season after D. being picked to finish season eighth (8th) of twelve teams in ECAC, said team finished season eighth (8th) in Nation (rather) w. above great players as u point out...and, and, and, and where was fair H. Crims. alas come March, 2011, B.?

Wha? Are no error.
                      Big Green Err Grin

Comment

ATTENTION;ATTENTION:With outstanding stars Apps, Piper, Weatherston- wonderful, great Dartmouth players as B. above interjects (suggests)
                        Suggested merely as an opposing take on the "our little team, hometown-grown effort" observation and to reiterate an earlier comment of mine made with no intent of flammable content regarding NCAA results for DC vs. "the West." Yes...I'm fully aware the "no intent of flammable content" statement will be disbelieved by some. Just a factual recall of a brief period in NCAA tournament history.

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/04...s/wdarmin1.m25

While missing key players: http://www.collegehockeystats.net/03...s/wdarmin1.m26

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/02...s/wdarmnd1.m21

These were all outstanding Big Green teams and it could easily be said Minnesota caught a fortunate break in Mar. 2004...but they played quite well.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Famous/unstoppable 2011-2012 Dartmouth Big Green Women's Ice Hockey Team!

Stir up things w. unpredictability perhaps currently. Who knows?

From this site(uscho.com)-
                          "College Hockey:
                          Women’s picks: Nov. 25
                          By Candace Horgan • Division III/Women's Editor • Friday, November 25, 2011
                          Well, last week was our most intensive picks week. Games involving ECAC teams, especially Dartmouth, continue to plague us both."

Too, nice notice of Lindsay Holdcroft's game/work vis a vis Cantabs (3-2 victory at Harvard Bright arena/center...27 saves, etc.). Credited on ESPU, Sportscenter TV this weekend w. Lou Holtz, others.

Nice. really nice!
                          Is generally a football program but covers all sports and w. Holdcroft acknowledgement another welcome nod to women's ice hockey!

Go Green Go!

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/womens-d1-blog/...#ixzz1ewEq8FgY

Comment

Famous/unstoppable 2011-2012 Dartmouth Big Green Women's Ice Hockey Team!

Nice victory in Hamden. Jumped on em'.
                            Got out ahead by two in early going- first period!
                            Came to play.

Not unlike as Tim says, "Am I, did I, today, out work my opponent?"
                            If so, is always a success.

I very much like T.T.

After a Florida game in his senior year which Gators lost, he cried. All the cameras, all the sideline folks- watching, focused on him. Aghast, I suppose. Like the day the cake of Ivory sank at Procter and Gamble, etc.

All aghast- " Oh my goodness, the great Star- he is crying..."
                            Guess he felt sad.

Nuts, he says (in efect) I wanted this one (and I am person enough to show I care.)
                            Wahoo Tebow for me from then on. IS real person.

Go Green Go.

On to Tigertown where Red and Black- is it? , bearded Bay State (Ivy), Three ( 3 ) to Nil ( 0 ) on Jan. 6.
                            Last edited by papulaisle; 01-11-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Re: Famous/unstoppable 2011-2012 Dartmouth Big Green Women's Ice Hockey Team!

"Re: Princeton 2011-2012
                              Wow, what an exciting game! Green and Tigers tie at 2-2. Princeton got on the board first with a goal by Gabie Figueroa in the first. Kelly Foley (what a pleasure/pain it was to watch her--the best player on the ice) tied it on a beautiful shot in the second.

It looked like the Tigers would pull it out when they scored with 8:56 to go, a tip-in by Leahy off a booming PP slapshot by Pankowski. But a big defensive breakdown with under three minutes left--somehow Reagan Fischer was all alone behind the D and scored on a breakaway.

The overtime was insane--both teams had penalties called on them, both had great chances, the game ended with the puck bouncing around right in front of the Dartmouth goal. Both goalies were great, and it was a big crowd. The best of college women's hockey."

Above From, "PrincetonFan" (on the "Princeton 2011-2012" thread) yesterday.
                              Nice. Really nice. Now wish I had been there...

Thank you, PrincetonFan!

Comment

Re: Famous/unstoppable 2011-2012 Dartmouth Big Green Women's Ice Hockey Team!

The Big Green came out ahead of Providence this afternoon at Fenway Park by one goal, with a 3-2 final. Camille Dumais with the game winner!

Comment

Working...
                                X