Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

What's everybody so down about? Didn't everybody make it with a beautiful MP tonight?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

to the freep people, for the record, the person commenting on your blog tonight under my name was not me. and here's to rollie starting saturday. ill give them a slight pass for that being the second organized activity of the season and perhaps the first time kieran's consistently seen any shots, but oy vey he looked horrible.
      time to write new history

Comment

I feel better after seeing that Michigan lost to "Ontario IT". Who the heck is that?

It will be VERY interesting to see who gets the start in net. Does Parker chalk Millan's poor showing to just a fluke? Would starting Rollie geet into Millan's head and possibly send him into a tailspin? I think it's a tough call. If last night was a real game, I think starting Rollie next game would be a slam dunk. But to have your three year starter oon the bench to start your first real game.....I'm just worried about the impact on Millan's psyche. For the record, I would start Rollie and go from there. Primarily because he has stuck with the team when many thought he would bail.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

From the recap:

“The reason the game was a mess for us was because our defense as a whole did not defend, did not move the puck out of the zone very well. They looked like they were trying to get noticed, and they were getting noticed in the wrong way — trying to make too many big plays.” - Guess who

The season is 3 hours old and we are already trotting out the "playing for themselves/the scouts and not the team." Great.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
            Thanks. For such a long season, it seems odd that there will be an important league game next week with only one week of practice.
            NCAA does not allow official practices to begin until October 1st.
            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
              NCAA does not allow official practices to begin until October 1st.
              Definitely way too early to panic over this game. If anything, I'm encouraged they were able to make it a game in the 3rd, could have easily folded over given the game doesn't even count. Let's see what happens next week and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                What's everybody so down about? Didn't everybody make it with a beautiful MP tonight?
                Who, or what is "MP?"

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                  Who, or what is "MP?"
                  Stripes line.
                  Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 10-02-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    what's everybody so down about? Didn't everybody make it with a beautiful mp tonight?
                    :d
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      I feel better after seeing that Michigan lost to "Ontario IT". Who the heck is that?
                      University of Ontario Institute of Technology is a relatively new school founded in 2002 in Oshawa. Just over 7000 students in 2010. They began hockey in 2006 and joined the CIS in 2008. Each student athlete has to secure a $250 business sponsor - no scholarships there!
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

BU certainly looked like a team that hadn't had a full practice to last night. Too much resembled the past two seasons, including the woeful powerplay. Given the lack of practices, I expected BU to play better as the game went on, and they did.

The best parts from last night (in no particular order):
                        1. It doesn't count.
                        2. Early wakeup call.
                        3. Hohmann looked very skilled, and Rodriguez will be good, too.
                        4. Rollheiser was ready when called.
                        5. 4,900 for an exhibition game
                        6. An improved "It's Game Time" video
                        7. The free t-shirts were very nice
                        8. The potentially explosive Megan appeared in the third period
                        9. Courtnall continued the high energy play from the end of last season
                        10. They played the third period like they will need to play every period.

The worst parts:
                        1. The team was not mentally ready to play an opponent (Red Sox-like entitlement?)
                        2. The video scoreboards were all spotty
                        3. The powerplay remained powerless, and two SHGs against
                        4. Millan did a poor impression of a statue, let alone a goalkeeper
                        5. Coyle was only noticeable when he was offside
                        6. The defense looked shaky at best. Injured Ruikka would provide more stability
                        7. Escobedo picked up where he left off last season
                        8. The BU student who taunted St.F. of X's bench after every goal, even at 5-1, and jumped up and shook the glass behind their bench (where was Agganis' usually overzealous security?)
                        9. Rosen on defense, instead of checking-line center (goal nothwithstanding).
                        10. Passing up good chance for, too much passing.

UNH will run BU right out of the building if they take a similar collective attitude next Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

It will be VERY interesting to see who gets the start in net. Does Parker chalk Millan's poor showing to just a fluke? Would starting Rollie geet into Millan's head and possibly send him into a tailspin? I think it's a tough call. If last night was a real game, I think starting Rollie next game would be a slam dunk. But to have your three year starter oon the bench to start your first real game.....I'm just worried about the impact on Millan's psyche. For the record, I would start Rollie and go from there. Primarily because he has stuck with the team when many thought he would bail.
                          If Millan shows a really positive attitude in practice this week and is geared to bounce back, I'd start him.
                          If not, Rollheiser would get the nod without hesitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                            The worst parts:
                            5. Coyle was only noticeable when he was offside
                            9. Rosen on defense, instead of checking-line center (goal nothwithstanding).
                            I thought Coyle looked really good. He was winning lots of battles and really throwing his body around. There were at least two times where someone went to hit him and ended up on the ice. He makes things happen simply by being so strong on his skates.

I think you'll see Rosen on D until Ruikka's back. BU has more depth up front (assuming Cisse returns soon) than on the blue line. Having Rosen and MacGregor battling for that 6th D spot can only be a good thing. And having an extra d-man should, in theory, keep everyone else from getting too comfortable with their spot in the lineup.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I thought that the freshman forwards [Cason Hohmann and Evan Rodrigues] played really well. They both got banged up at different times, but came back and played well
                              anyone notice the growing trend of parker only being happy with his freshman? there seems to be an inverse relationship between how long a player plays under parker and how happy parker is with his effort. hmm
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                anyone notice the growing trend of parker only being happy with his freshman? there seems to be an inverse relationship between how long a player plays under parker and how happy parker is with his effort. hmm
                                Ahahaha, kudos for this observation.

Comment

Working...
                                X