Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1002

Thread: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

  1. #181
    Currently Busy
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Location, Location
    Posts
    6,674

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbles View Post
    Ya, just read up on it a bit. Believe it was because CAA was too football-centric. Still think BU prefers the A10 over the CAA for the same reason.
    If Hofstra and NU are there then maybe the conference is becoming more tolerant of alternative lifestyles.
    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

  2. #182
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    3,278

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    If anyone is not following FakeJackParker on Twitter, you're totally missing the boat. This stuff is hilarious.
    \_(ツ)_/

  3. #183
    *****
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #notagrinder
    Posts
    2,358

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!


  4. #184
    * * * * * SteveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Roslindale
    Posts
    23,360
    Quote Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post
    I guess that makes bu his third choice?

    As an aside, It's funny that his inferiority complex makes him think gene is some evil mastermind when the jist of the original quote was "Espn told us what to do." The fact that bc didn't want uconn was just happen stance; if Espn wanted uconn - they'd be in, regardless of bc's very public insistence otherwise. It's just too hard for ct residents to think the boys in Bristol would do such thing. Better to make bc the enemy as they hate us anyway!

  5. #185
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    44,706

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    1) if my name as andrew mccarthy, i'd go by something else. the characters he played made you hate him.

    2) bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.

  6. #186
    Fight Cancer, Wherever You Find It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    34,925

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post
    How is Jamie Dixon up and coming when he's been the Pitt coach since before the writer hit puberty? Dixon has been the coach since Ben Howland bolted for UCLA in 2003.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    425

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Millan gets both starts this weekend. So much for my theory about Rollie getting a start anytime soon
    1971,1972,1978,1995,2009,2016
    GO BU

  8. #188
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pluteville
    Posts
    17,186

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    How is Jamie Dixon up and coming when he's been the Pitt coach since before the writer hit puberty? Dixon has been the coach since Ben Howland bolted for UCLA in 2003.
    Aside from Steve's point (which is if the powers that be really wanted UConn in, they would have invited them over DiFillipout's objections) the writer is correct. No matter though, as when the SEC decides to expand you can kiss FSU, Miami, Clemson and GT goodbye, which leaves VT and everybody else as far as football schools left in the conference.

    Getting back to the subject at hand, I too wonder about a "letdown" game against PC. Perhaps that's why Millan is getting the start instead of giving Rollie some playing time.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  9. #189
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newburyport, MA
    Posts
    6,619

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by mpereira View Post
    Millan gets both starts this weekend. So much for my theory about Rollie getting a start anytime soon
    I'd guess then he gets one of the UMass games.... just a guess.

  10. #190
    *****
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #notagrinder
    Posts
    2,358

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Aside from Steve's point (which is if the powers that be really wanted UConn in, they would have invited them over DiFillipout's objections) the writer is correct. No matter though, as when the SEC decides to expand you can kiss FSU, Miami, Clemson and GT goodbye, which leaves VT and everybody else as far as football schools left in the conference.
    So wait the SEC would be expanding to 17 teams?

    Did you just think, "hey those ACC schools are in the southeast of the US, they'd work!"

    You're embarrassing yourself.

  11. #191
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    6,006

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post
    So wait the SEC would be expanding to 17 teams?

    Did you just think, "hey those ACC schools are in the southeast of the US, they'd work!"

    You're embarrassing yourself.
    You'll have to pardon rover. When it comes to college football, he will readily admit he knows 3 things about CFB:

    A) Doug Flutie is short
    B) Doug Flutie was very good
    C) He hates Doug Flutie
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  12. #192
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pluteville
    Posts
    17,186

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post
    So wait the SEC would be expanding to 17 teams?

    Did you just think, "hey those ACC schools are in the southeast of the US, they'd work!"

    You're embarrassing yourself.
    Are you the BC poster who told me that BC has the highest academic standards for its athletes of any school in the country, or the one that said a BC degree was better than a Harvard one if you're going to work in the Boston area? See, I get all you yahoos confused.

    Anyway, with conferences these days, who knows the configurations? What I can tell you is this: 1) The SEC is the top conference in the country. 2) They have natural rivalries between their members (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina) and the targeted schools (FSU, Miami, Clemson, and GT). 3) Those schools would give up the vaunted trip to the Heights, where the team draws 10K actual fans and 30K dressed as empty seats regularly, and a fan base that can't sell 4,000 tickets to the conference championship even though its a direct, 2 hour flight from campus in a heartbeat.

    As the ACC is a joke as a football conference, and those football schools generally aren't strong in hoops (or in BC's case, they aren't strong in either one) having those traditional gridiron powerhouses (who's fans, you know, actually go to the games) as members is on borrowed time.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  13. #193
    *****
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #notagrinder
    Posts
    2,358

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Are you the BC poster who told me that BC has the highest academic standards for its athletes of any school in the country, or the one that said a BC degree was better than a Harvard one if you're going to work in the Boston area? See, I get all you yahoos confused.

    Anyway, with conferences these days, who knows the configurations? What I can tell you is this: 1) The SEC is the top conference in the country. 2) They have natural rivalries between their members (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina) and the targeted schools (FSU, Miami, Clemson, and GT). 3) Those schools would give up the vaunted trip to the Heights, where the team draws 10K actual fans and 30K dressed as empty seats regularly, and a fan base that can't sell 4,000 tickets to the conference championship even though its a direct, 2 hour flight from campus in a heartbeat.

    As the ACC is a joke as a football conference, and those football schools generally aren't strong in hoops (or in BC's case, they aren't strong in either one) having those traditional gridiron powerhouses (who's fans, you know, actually go to the games) as members is on borrowed time.
    No I'm not that BC poster.

    17 teams? I know that won't happen in the SEC.

    Those schools you mentioned, the SEC is already in those states. They want to expand their footprint (see Texas A&M and maybe Mizzou).

    Tell me the last time BC drew 10k or less to Alumni.

    Once again, stop embarrassing yourself.

  14. #194
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pluteville
    Posts
    17,186

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post
    No I'm not that BC poster.

    17 teams? I know that won't happen in the SEC.

    Those schools you mentioned, the SEC is already in those states. They want to expand their footprint (see Texas A&M and maybe Mizzou).

    Tell me the last time BC drew 10k or less to Alumni.

    Once again, stop embarrassing yourself.
    Did you check out the stands at the Duke game? Also, given the chance to own the Florida market, why wouldn't they?


    Look, I'd love to debate how a school best known for gambling scandals, one that's won exactly zero national titles in any sport not named "men's college hockey" and one that for most of the past several decades had the entire New England D-1 football market to itself and still can't draw fans is the premier athletic program in the country, but as this is a BU hockey thread (you know, a program with more national titles than yours) perhaps we can take this to a BC football thread, if someone decides to start one.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  15. #195
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    91

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Yeah, not going to lie. I have little to no interest in the SEC and college basketball/football. That's why I choose to cover college hockey. It's way better.
    https://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

    Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

  16. #196
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    6,006

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Did you check out the stands at the Duke game?
    Most of us know you're joking and that you make stuff up and embellish for a good time but... You probably should tell claver you're doing this here to save everyone from reading 4 pages of back and forth between you two.

    Just a suggestion.

    ps - I'll be at the December game at EggAnus so I hope you can get the crew together for some beers somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  17. #197
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pluteville
    Posts
    17,186

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Most of us know you're joking and that you make stuff up and embellish for a good time but... You probably should tell claver you're doing this here to save everyone from reading 4 pages of back and forth between you two.

    Just a suggestion.

    ps - I'll be at the December game at EggAnus so I hope you can get the crew together for some beers somewhere.
    Sorry but I just can't resist when some screaming Eagle wants to tell us about BC's premier status in the world of college football. I was this close to mentioning Flutie's NFL playoff record.

    I'll definitely be there for the game in December. Shouldn't be too hard to get those guys together for a drink...
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  18. #198
    Just Browsing...
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Bostonish
    Posts
    2,459

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    I'll drink with Fsteve but I am not too sure about this "Nick" guy...
    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

  19. #199
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    7,095

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    Quote Originally Posted by BU2K View Post
    I'll drink with Fsteve but I am not too sure about this "Nick" guy...
    I kind of prefer Carmine to Nick.

  20. #200
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    8,108

    Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

    I just heard an interesting tidbit on the Denver-BC telecast. Gwozdecky's daughter is a freshman at BU and works for the hockey team.

    So much for the feel good start to the season. They suck, fire Jack.
    It Happened!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •