This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech '11-'12 Season Thread I: Hope Springs Eternal

All I can think of is that **** badger badger song when I read that post...
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Ladies and gentlemen, I have only one thing to say in regards to this upcoming weekend. It's one word. A six-letter word. More specifically, it's a name of a sporting event. Repeated multiple times in jubilation.

HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY
      I'm with you on this one. I'm not sure I've ever been so excited about an exhibition game in my Tech hockey watching life. Seems sorta wrong, but it is what it is. Go TECH!

Comment

Huskeeezzz!!!!
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Anderson's aforementioned article

Comment

Reminder folks. This season we'll be live blogging the game over at www.techhockeyguide.com/live. Please join us and contribute along with the THG writers!
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
              Reminder folks. This season we'll be live blogging the game over at www.techhockeyguide.com/live. Please join us and contribute along with the THG writers!
              Flashy and others, keep up the great work on the Tech Hockey Guide!

It's hockey day, I'm curious to see how Mel will determine his cuts, when he can only suit up so many players tonight and he said he plans to play the veterans like a regular game.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                It's hockey day, I'm curious to see how Mel will determine his cuts, when he can only suit up so many players tonight and he said he plans to play the veterans like a regular game.
                Performance in practice, according to Anderson's article. Even when Olson is leading practice, one of the coaches has been watching from above.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Performance in practice, according to Anderson's article. Even when Olson is leading practice, one of the coaches has been watching from above.
                  Heard this morning that some cuts were made yesterday? Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Feed is still **** (((
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Crowd shots are better than the game camera

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                        Heard this morning that some cuts were made yesterday? Can anyone confirm?
                        My source says nobody had been cut yet.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Glad to hear that, it's tough for everyone when someone who is working real hard gets the axe. I think there will be different line up slightly for next weekend.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

The freshman forwards looked good tonight; they should swap DJohnstone for Furne so it would be the two Johnstones and Kero and they would be their most exciting line to watch; all are shifty with good hands. Blake Pietila looked good as well; very strong on the puck, wins most of his puck battles and his passes are hard and on the tape. Their fourth line looked like a fourth line. Thought A.Pietila had a decent game. Sweeney looked good; davis looked young; brown and stebner struggled.

Comment

Mel's post-game comments

Comment

Couple tweets from the players about last night:

bryce reddick
                                Great turn out last night.Fullest I've seen the johnny Mac in a while #misfits #mtuhky

Jordan Baker
                                Thanks to all the fans that came and supported #mtuhky last night

Josh Robinson
                                Big thanks to everyone that came out to the game last night. Great showing by the misfits/students. Lets keep this going! #mtuhky

Edit: Another one

Brett Olson
                                Good start last night for #MTUHockey . Great to have all the fans there as well. #misfits #MTUVolleyball #pepband . Thanks for the support.
                                Last edited by techcodemonkey; 10-02-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X