X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech '11-'12 Season Thread I: Hope Springs Eternal

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    Brandon, you should really try to cut Stephen's pay:
    "The Huskies couldn't care less what pollsters think." Couldn't. Could not care less. Couldn't. They care not at all about the polls. Ding nabit.
    Yes, I know it's a clich. But still.
    Isn't that the editor's fault? And it has now been edited.
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

The feed is still a huge improvement over where it was when I last had it two years ago, so that's why I haven't been complaining much.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The feed is still a huge improvement over where it was when I last had it two years ago, so that's why I haven't been complaining much.
        true, it is more than one camera now... and they show replays. but the quality of the main game camera is not that much better.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I also watch some games on the streaming site. It is pretty bad.....very hard to tell where the puck is. HuskiesLive sets its streaming resolution over the internet low for some reason. They are not the only school using the XOS/Neulion product suite for hockey. Several other schools, including WMU use it and appear to stream to their paying customers at higher resolution. The whole point of the XOS technology is that it encodes very efficiently to stream higher resolution with low bandwith. I don't think it would cost more to upgrade the chunky video, at least not on the vendor side. Nick Laurila would probably be the person to contact about it, as he set it up.

Comment

getting fired up for my first hockey spectating experience of the year in 5 hours.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Anyone else concerned about Gordic not playing for weeks? What's his injury?

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                Anyone else concerned about Gordic not playing for weeks? What's his injury?
                offseason shoulder surgery - "week-to-week"
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                  I also watch some games on the streaming site. It is pretty bad.....very hard to tell where the puck is. HuskiesLive sets its streaming resolution over the internet low for some reason. They are not the only school using the XOS/Neulion product suite for hockey. Several other schools, including WMU use it and appear to stream to their paying customers at higher resolution. The whole point of the XOS technology is that it encodes very efficiently to stream higher resolution with low bandwith. I don't think it would cost more to upgrade the chunky video, at least not on the vendor side. Nick Laurila would probably be the person to contact about it, as he set it up.
                  It has got to be a bandwidth thing. I'm almost positive they use the same feed in the boxes right? That isn't the crappy resolution.
                  Last edited by stuckinwi; 10-07-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

AIC's best player is on my fantasy team.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm suspicious of the bandwidth claim. that would only affect the speed not the resolution, correct. On my computer screen I cannot read the numbers on the jerseys at all in the full screen mode, only in the small screen. I think it has to do with the resolution they are sending out. I was assured it would be better this year and I'm sure money was spent on equipment but in reality it's exactly the same ****.It totally ****es me off.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        I'm suspicious of the bandwidth claim. that would only affect the speed not the resolution, correct.
                        with modern software, the resolution adjusts itself to the available bandwidth so that the image doesn't freeze up completely. That's why if you watch baseball on mlb.com, the picture pixellates terribly when they're playing the yankees.

Comment

My policy is to watch TV on TV, not on the internet. I don't think I've ever had a good video when trying to watch anything on the internet, except maybe youtube. I didn't buy a 50" HD TV to sit and watch a choppy, blurry game on my laptop. If I want to watch hockey I'll find a game on TV, instead of suffer through trying to watch the specific game I'm interested in on the computer. The radio broadcasts on the internet work much better.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Flashy Man thinks somewhere between the camera and the internet feed the signal goes to analog which would cause a ton of problems. I know he's looking into it.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Flashy Man thinks somewhere between the camera and the internet feed the signal goes to analog which would cause a ton of problems. I know he's looking into it.
                              Let me know when you get done with your indentured servitude and can have a life again, as much as this team ****es me off, I do want to try to get up to Houghton to watch some games at some point.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I'm suspicious of the bandwidth claim. that would only affect the speed not the resolution, correct. On my computer screen I cannot read the numbers on the jerseys at all in the full screen mode, only in the small screen. I think it has to do with the resolution they are sending out. I was assured it would be better this year and I'm sure money was spent on equipment but in reality it's exactly the same ****.It totally ****es me off.
                                No. Time to put on my Network Engineer hat. Speed (latency) and bandwidth are completely different. Speed is affected by the devices along the path the traffic is taking plus the length of the path. Bandwidth is how big the pipe is. You can have all the bandwidth in the world but if you're going around the world through a bunch of slow boxes. It will still be slow. If you are trying to conserve the bandwidth you would send a smaller resolution (which means smaller packets). I am blaming bandwidth or just not paying for a service that allows them to send at a higher resolution (again more bandwidth). The resolution issue is just a symptom, I'm guessing bandwidth or cost is the actual cause.

Edit after seeing SG post... That could also screw it up...

Comment

Working...
                                X