Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud to NCHC

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
    I get confused because at one time, the ONLY concern that all of hockey should have (according to many SCSU fans and the administration) was for the betterment of the sport and being sure to save all of the existing programs. NOW SCSU is saying that they are ONLY concerned with what's good for them and to hell with the rest.

I actually think that this is a good move for the two teams, but I am troubled by the hyposcrisy. Oh well, it's going to be what ever it ends up.
    There's some hypocricy there, but not as much as everyone's screaming about. What happens if SCSU says no? Then they take NMU, or BSU, hell maybe Fairbanks for the extra games, and the WCHA that we'd be staying in gets more watered down. Sorry, every single SCSU fan is picking between their 2nd and 3rd option, we all wanted the WCHA in tact with MN and UW leaving.

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    What do the Gophers have to do with it?
    We could be winless and people would still show up for the Gophers, because they're the Gophers.
    The same can't be said for Miami, UNO, Western, DU & CC.
    Right... and UND will now be our Gophers in the years we don't get the Gophers. Its hard to compare numbers, because the official listing is that UND had 6,011 fans on Fri, 6,102 on Sat this year at the NHC, and BSU and MSU-M were both in the 5,900s, but those numbers are inflated with tickets sold but people not in the door. More people in the door means more concessions sold, and UND and Duluth tend to travel better than Bemidji and Mankato fans to our barn. That's $ into the community.

No, Miami, DU and CC don't draw huge numbers... but more people will actually show up to the games as opposed to Fairbanks, LSSU and Bowling Green

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    Right because I sent Brian Faison an email with the rest of the posters on here and said "create another league, we don't need Tech, 'Kato, and the rest of the bottom dwellers when we can create a super conference to rival the P1G Ten." Cry into someone else's t its.
    Are you kidding me? You call us the fart that squeaked in, I point out that you would (in the analogy you created) be the ***, and then you accuse me of crying? Buddy I'm laughing, and its not WITH you
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
      I abstain. I don't even know what to think about this.

Now my head hurts from thinking.
      Classic SCSU alum.

I am glad the NCHC added more teams and a rival of UMD.

It is still hilarious how hypocritical SCSU has been during this. However, in college athletics this is nothing new.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
        Well, of course you would. You like the fact that SCSU has hockey but only at a level that does not threaten the U of MN hockey program. If they accept the invite it ratchets up their ability to recruit and continue to compete with the top programs.
        Uh, what?

Edit: so, you'd rather be a probable middle of the pack instead of an annual powerhouse? Kids go to schools that win.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Uh, what?

Edit: so, you'd rather be a probable middle of the pack instead of an annual powerhouse? Kids go to schools that win.
          Yes they would.
          Go read dahuskies, it's the same argument Rabid and a few others have been making and the response is yes, they'd rather be a 3rd, 4th, 5th in the NCHC than winning titles in a "weaker" WCHA.
          Doesn't make sense to me either.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Classic SCSU alum.

I am glad the NCHC added more teams and a rival of UMD.

It is still hilarious how hypocritical SCSU has been during this. However, in college athletics this is nothing new.
            I find it kind of hypocritical that the original 6 in the NCHC didn't invite SCSU in the first place and then came crawling back to beg(maybe not the best word but I used it anyway) SCSU to join their party.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              I find it kind of hypocritical that the original 6 in the NCHC didn't invite SCSU in the first place and then came crawling back to beg(maybe not the best word but I used it anyway) SCSU to join their party.
              I also agree with that. They started out by asking the prom queen to the party, and ended up with the dork in special ed.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Just call it the National Collegiate Hypocrite Conference and be done with it, OK? Hypocrites abound on both sides. Jeez.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The NCHC won't be getting half the league into the NCAA's every year.
                  It may happen, but it won't be an annual thing.
                  Some SCSU teams have been able to compete, and then they fall short.
                  A 42% winning percentage against the NCHC does not give me a lot of hope that we'll be making the tourney consistently and without winning, all those recruits some people expect will be coming won't be.
                  Big time kids don't play for losing programs no matter what conference they are in.
                  We could have been the top dog in the WCHA, instead some people would rather be a middle of the road NCHC school.
                  I said 3 or 4 teams getting in. So I agree half the league won't get in every year. also, like I said about us getting into the League. We need to wait and see how this all pans out. If Notre Dame doesn't go to the BIG, they will join the NCHC and then I would bet they will add another team as well. With 10 teams your weak arguement becomes even less valid......
                  Last edited by scsutommyboy; 09-21-2011, 04:08 PM.
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    I said 3 or 4 teams getting in. So I agree half the league won't get in every year. also, like I said about us getting into the League. We need to wait and see how this all pans out. If Notre Dame doesn't go to the BIG, they will join the NCHC and then I would bet they will add another team as well. With 10 teams your weak arguement becomes even less valid......
                    Wanting to win is a weak argument now?
                    Let's say ND does come, IMO that puts us at best 6th most years behind UND, DU, CC, Miami, & ND.
                    If that's a good formula for you, fine, but to me, it looks like a lot of outside looking in for the NCAA's.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Uh, what?

Kids go to schools for the education. Please stop with the winning angle.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Wanting to win is a weak argument now?
                        Let's say ND does come, IMO that puts us at best 6th most years behind UND, DU, CC, Miami, & ND.
                        If that's a good formula for you, fine, but to me, it looks like a lot of outside looking in for the NCAA's.
                        Like I said before. Over the last 12 years SCSU has been to the NCAA's 7 times. Funny so has CC and Denver..... With 5 auto bids and 11 at large bids every year SCSU will get to the NCAA's plenty in the NCHC because there is no reason they can't get 3 or 4 teams in every year. Hopefully starting this year they will have better success in the NCAA tourney. I find it funny that miss positve is now miss negative on our program.
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Like I said before. Over the last 12 years SCSU has been to the NCAA's 7 times. Funny so has CC and Denver..... With 5 auto bids and 11 at large bids every year SCSU will get to the NCAA's plenty in the NCHC because there is no reason they can't get 3 or 4 teams in every year. Hopefully starting this year they will have better success in the NCAA tourney. I find it funny that miss positve is now miss negative on our program.
                          And now you got rid of a couple gimme wins (or almost gimmes) by getting rid of some not-so-good schools, theoretically hurting your record, and your chance at an at-large bid.

And 444: while hockey is probably the least affected of the four major sports, there are a ton of kids who use college hockey as a steppingstone to the NHL, and care enough about education to remain eligible, and that's about it.

Comment

I'm miss realistic and unless they improve their winning % against the NCHC teams, they won't be seeing the NCAA's on a regular basis.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

You have to consider that if the fallout of this is the folding of several programs, the tourney could very well go back to 12 teams.
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                The funny part is we can tell the difference between the two sexes.
                                I should hope so. If you don't know the basic gender differences you shouldn't be out in public unsupervised.

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                Are you kidding me? You call us the fart that squeaked in, I point out that you would (in the analogy you created) be the ***, and then you accuse me of crying? Buddy I'm laughing, and its not WITH you
                                No, the fart comes OUT of the ***. That would make the WCHA the ***.

I also agree with that. They started out by asking the prom queen to the party, and ended up with the dork in special ed.
                                I don't know what you're talking about, the prom queen (Denver) accepted.

From day 1 people have been mentioning that the NCHC wouldn't have bottom-feeders. Well, now we do. You're all hypocrites.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X