St. Cloud to NCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Cloud to NCHC

what a difference a couple of months makes...

As much as I dislike most of the st clown whiners on here I am glad to see the NCHC bring its membership up to 8... the Irish aren't coming and jan was the next best option. I for one wish it had been BSU or Tech though...

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      This is balls. I am not happy about this. When we finish 7th or 8th the first 4 years we're in the NCHC, I would like to hear from the proponents of this move. It would be tough to find a bigger homer than me...but St. Cloud State is NOT a hockey powerhouse (despite what some of our alumni believe). We're gonna get rolled.

Also, now we look like a bunch of tools for doing the exact thing our admin had been chastising UND and DU for over the last two months. It's like they saw that everyone hated someone else and decided they couldn't go 15 minutes without us being the most hated fanbase.

Then again, our admission to the NCHC makes 95% of all UND fans REALLY angry...so that's a plus.
      You don't have to think we're a powerhouse to support the move to NCHC. I am under no delusions of grandeur about what our program is - it's a middle of the pack, sometimes good, sometimes bad but never great type of program. But you don't grow and expand your program by putting yourself in a soft league. Why can't our program get better and more consistent?

Like most Husky fans I've talked to, I'd love to just go back to the original WCHA (minus MN/WI) but UND/DU made that impossible so at this point I have to hope that our administration looked at this 7 ways to Sunday and came away convinced that going to the NCHC is in the best interest of the program.
      "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        what a difference a couple of months makes...

As much as I dislike most of the st clown whiners on here I am glad to see the NCHC bring its membership up to 8... the Irish aren't coming and jan was the next best option. I for one wish it had been BSU or Tech though...
        In all seriousness, about the most civil and heartfelt post I've seen you make towards our fanbase. Considering the times, and how upset you guys must be as a whole, I'll consider it your attempt at showering us with a welcome basket full of gifts.

I'd already lost the Kohl Center, my favorite building to visit, as a conference destination, and I'm glad we didn't lose the (close) next best one.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          In all seriousness, about the most civil and heartfelt post I've seen you make towards our fanbase. Considering the times, and how upset you guys must be as a whole, I'll consider it your attempt at showering us with a welcome basket full of gifts.

I'd already lost the Kohl Center, my favorite building to visit, as a conference destination, and I'm glad we didn't lose the (close) next best one.
          I personally believe the rivalry between UND and SCSU will keep getting better with time, but I think that would have started to happen anyhow if NoDak would have stayed in the post big 10 WCHA...

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Like SCSU, BSU and MSU-M had no influence on tUMD? If you ask SCSU fans, sure we'd like to see BSU and MSU-M taken care of, but tUMD is certainly a bigger partner to us than MSU-M, and BSU is the kid that's only spent one Thanksgiving meal at the big kids table thus far.
            In hockey MAYBE that's the case. UMD is not part of MnSCU. If they have a bigger impact on SCSU, then blow up the entire MNSCU system and quit working together.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
              And you're wrong about the 95% of all UND fans being angry - I'm sure it's much higher than that.
              Good. Then that makes it all worth it. What's your new school nickname going to be, doofus?
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                In hockey MAYBE that's the case. UMD is not part of MnSCU. If they have a bigger impact on SCSU, then blow up the entire MNSCU system and quit working together.
                Right, but I attended SCSU, post on USCHO and like 95% of people around here, make an effort to follow SCSU hockey and no other sport of theirs. If you're talking about the school system or other sports, sure, probably, but I don't care, I care about college hockey.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Not exactly a substantive contribution... but I will add, St. Cloud has one of the best logos in college hockey. That's gotta be worth something. Especially when we lose Chief Soo in the NCHC.

Comment

Originally posted by bbutzin View Post
                    Not exactly a substantive contribution... but I will add, St. Cloud has one of the best logos in college hockey. That's gotta be worth something. Especially when we lose Chief Soo in the NCHC.
                    Yeah. The Montreal Canadiens logo is awesome.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Yeah. The Montreal Canadiens logo is awesome.
                      I agree! I really like that one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        Good. Then that makes it all worth it. What's your new school nickname going to be, doofus?
                        The North Dakota Fighting Doofuses? That would be fun, but I doubt they'll go that route. What is the plural of doofus? Doofi? Doofen?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          The North Dakota Fighting Doofuses? That would be fun, but I doubt they'll go that route. What is the plural of doofus? Doofi? Doofen?
                          Gophers
                          Sioux in '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00

Comment

Doofi-YEAH-YEAH! Nope... too many syllables.

Comment

I'd just go with "Doofs."
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                                SCSU for the most part could careless what Mankato thinks on just about every issue. All the MNSCU school fight for funding and do what is best for them. Also, from What I understand the new MNSCU chancellor is encouraging the schools to be more independent. SCSU has pretty much been that way as long as I can remember any way.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X