Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the 7th member of the Big Ten Hockey Conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who will be the 7th member of the Big Ten Hockey Conference?

That was also a year with great attendance and the Lambeau game for revenue (which was high for both programs). What the hell was costing them so much money those years?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
      Why are Wisconsin's expenses so much higher for hockey than Minnesota?
      Think is has anything to do with having to switch the Kohl Center over from hockey to basketball and vice a versa various times throughout the season?
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        That was also a year with great attendance and the Lambeau game for revenue (which was high for both programs). What the hell was costing them so much money those years?
        Did the coaches have bonus clauses that kicked in with a national championship win?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          Think is has anything to do with having to switch the Kohl Center over from hockey to basketball and vice a versa various times throughout the season?
          Possible. I'm not sure what the costs would be for that (do they use regular maintenance personnel for it, compared to contractors, etc), but one would imagine that the number of changeovers each season doesn't vary too wildly. They would still be a cost that Minny doesn't have.

I do wonder if practice facilities are an issue. Currently, the men's team practices in an off-campus, non-university owned facility. That lease agreement may have changed, I don't know too many details. It is part of why UW is building the La Bahn facility next to the Kohl Center. In addition to having women's games there, the men will practice there as well.
          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 01-10-2012, 08:47 AM.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think Northwestern all the way. Just a hunch, but Chicago supports teams at about every other level.
            BUCKEYES & CATAMOUNTS

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossk View Post
              I think Northwestern all the way. Just a hunch, but Chicago supports teams at about every other level.
              Like they supported the Blackhawks when they were losing?

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                You mean that Minnesota was making money on it's non-existent hockey team in 1896 when they joined the Big 10? Wow - I've seen some ridiculous statements here, but that one might just take the cake...
                Are you just being intentionally thick? He was obviously referring to the B1G hockey conference, not the Big Ten over all.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                  Like they supported the Blackhawks when they were losing?

Just sayin.
                  Um...hockey was invented in 2008 everyone [in Chicago] knows that, duh.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      We were just following the success of the Washington Capitols inaugural 2006 campaign
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Bossk View Post
                        Chicago supporting Hockey - Not so much

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Wasn't there some Kohl Center work done right around that same time? Or maybe some UW Athletics work done somewhere? I have a crap memory but I remember something going on right around that same time..

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                            Why are Wisconsin's expenses so much higher for hockey than Minnesota?
                            When did they start flying for every road trip?
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If there is another team, I think Alabama Huntsville is a lock.
                              Bob is making me concerned
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

UND joins the B1G.
                                "My greatest achievement."
                                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Working...
                                X