Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
    Ravin will need to come back as a MUCH better player to be in the mix.
    Hopefully he will use his summer well and take a major step.
    Wouldn't it be better to develop and improve the players when they are at the rink everyday during the season ?
    Why do Roque rely so much on others to improve the players he recruited ?

You are very affirmative about Ravn ! You are giving the impression that you are both assessing and deciding about who can play and will play.
    Are you also pulling the wires on that or what ?

Comment

NCAA is vey strict about the hours of contact once the guys hit campus in the fall.
      Most guys that are going to be great make major strides in the offseason through training, camps, etc.

My opinions are those of a fan, and Ravin has some work to do to be a D-1 quality goalie IMHO.
      As the competition gets better he will have needed to do a lot in the off season to stay in the mix.

Comment

NCAA is vey strict about the hours of contact once the guys hit campus in the fall.
        I don't think that comment has anything to do with the question.
        Are you saying NCAA rules prevent coaches from developing their players ?
        A quick comparative look at individual progress at LSSU and several others teams suggest the latter found a solution they don't have at LSSU.

My opinions are those of a fan, and Ravin has some work to do to be a D-1 quality goalie IMHO.
        You must be a very privileged fan. From a basic fan perspective and a number of conversations and posts on this forum, their is nothing suggesting that Ravn is no more in the mix, nor any explanation to why he wasn't already at the beginning of last season.
        I just noticed your VERY ("MUCH") affirmative tone ... when the basic fan would be more speculative.

IHMO ... Honest or Humble ?
        Last edited by soofan; 06-06-2011, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Humble for sure SooFan.
          One of the things the Lakers do not currently have is an on campus summer program. (which many D-1 programs have).
          This allows the guys to get a couple summer classes and work with strength & conditioning, skills, and captains practices. because of this many guys have to workout on their own over the summer, work out with trainers or attend camps. To get MUCH better many players need to use the summer for development. I watched last falls goalie camp sessions and felt Ravin had things to work on to catch up to BMW / K2 at that time.....I hope he has used this summer well to "up" his game.

I do not know anything about Ravin (only what I have seen on the ice) and really don't follow individual players very much. I have seen K2 blossom last year into #1, and I am hoping someone (Ravin or Murdock) steps up to be a solid 1a to have a great unit at tender.

I suppose I need to use those caps MUCH less. I am a fan that played the game for 18 years, and I can be as opinionated as any fan on this board....don't read much into it.
          Last edited by 3dognight; 06-07-2011, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            Not impressed with the article. I really don't see ND heading to HE. Will they really get bigger crowds with teams from the HE compared to the current CCHA? I see them scheduling more B1G teams. If the B1G etc does not help all boats to float then many schools will drop out.
            Most of the ND Alumni is based out east. Why do you think they play the rest of the sports out east. Believe me ND would rather go to Providence, Boston and Lowell over Soo, Marquette or Big Rapids.

Comment

I would think it is too early to make any perdictions on the goalies except it appears to be a solid trio. Also it is unrealistic to expect even a D1 program to have three premier tenders as most number 1s and 2s would move on if place at the third position. I don't assume anything but maybe Murdock went back to the U to prove a point and get a better opportunity. IMOO I think Ravn has the tools to challenge and I would never peg him at third at this point. Does anyone know about a goalie camp this season and how did K2's surgery go if he had it. Also wonder where they are all working out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyintheblood View Post
                I would think it is too early to make any perdictions on the goalies except it appears to be a solid trio. Also it is unrealistic to expect even a D1 program to have three premier tenders as most number 1s and 2s would move on if place at the third position. I don't assume anything but maybe Murdock went back to the U to prove a point and get a better opportunity. IMOO I think Ravn has the tools to challenge and I would never peg him at third at this point. Does anyone know about a goalie camp this season and how did K2's surgery go if he had it. Also wonder where they are all working out.
                I don't think (but am not positive) that there is a goalie camp this Summer. Not sure about the timetable for K2's surgery. As 3dognight has pointed out, LSSU does not have a formal on campus Summer program, so the guys are either working out on their own back at their respective homes, or perhaps some of them may have stayed in the Soo area and are working out on their own there.

Comment

No Goalie camp this year, but it resumes next year.
                  BMW planned on working out with last years goalie coach (Steve McKitchen) at Steves home facility after surgery.
                  Last edited by 3dognight; 06-08-2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I hope BMW makes it he is a good kid and goalie. If he is working with Steve he is training in the right spot.

Comment

Mallards at deadline.

Quad City may have a new ownership group but the clock is ticking per CHL.
                      CHL teams to submit protected rosters, etc this week....but they may get an extension to CHL Mtgs.

They need ro close a deal asap to move forward in 2011.
                      Nice arena, good location that helps with brutal CHL travel schedule......

UPDATE: MALLARDS SAVED and will play in 2011-12 in CHL!
                      This is how minor league hockey goes these days in all but a couple of solid markets.

New owners meet the CHL deadline...hiring key positions soon.

Here's hoping they get it done.
                      Last edited by 3dognight; 06-11-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I suppose I need to use those caps MUCH less. I am a fan that played the game for 18 years, and I can be as opinionated as any fan on this board....don't read much into it.
                        Glad to have your opinion 3dog. From your posts you seem to be an educated fan and donor to Laker Hockey. You also provide a good perspective of what might be happening with Laker Hockey. Thanks.
                        Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                          Glad to have your opinion 3dog. From your posts you seem to be an educated fan and donor to Laker Hockey. You also provide a good perspective of what might be happening with Laker Hockey. Thanks.
                          3dog is a good person.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            I don't think (but am not positive) that there is a goalie camp this Summer. Not sure about the timetable for K2's surgery. As 3dognight has pointed out, LSSU does not have a formal on campus Summer program, so the guys are either working out on their own back at their respective homes, or perhaps some of them may have stayed in the Soo area and are working out on their own there.
                            Do you know if Campbell was going to have surgery this summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              Do you know if Campbell was going to have surgery this summer?
                              I think he and K2 were both having similar surgeries. I don't know just when.

Comment

I hear there is a golf outing that the Soo Blueliners do? Any info on this to share?

Comment

Working...
                                X